Great little video, I've tested a few KBS shafts, they're great feeling shafts

They make a really wide variety of flexes, One-T. I don't see any reason that your swing speed would keep you from playing the Tours.

Certainly not. I play Reg flex KBS Tours, hard-stepped once . I'm by no means a hard swinger. But that's what fit best for me for ball flight, spin, distance, etc. when I did my GolfTEC fitting. I tried the KBS90s but had some ballooning and spin issues. The R+ came out a few months after I got mine, otherwise the R+ might work for me as well as the hard-stepped regulars.

I love the feel of the KBS Tours. So smooth and soft at impact. I came from DG Sensicores in my irons for a decade, and I notice almost no loss of feel in the KBS Tours. I can feel bad impact better, but it isn't harsh, and the good and ok swings feel just as good as the Sensicores did.

Guys lets keep this one about the shafts since we have a huge thread on those irons from THP sending out multiple sets to testers. Thanks.

I agree Cookie, I just dont know if my swing is fast enough for the tours. Ugh

As other people have stated, you'd be fine in KBS Tour. You hit it a little further than I do, I'm swinging the KBS Tour Stiff right now and love them. I switched to these shafts from the DG S300, and loved that the shafts felt smoother and also gave me a little more height and carry on my shots.

Just got my MP-53's w/ KBS Tour (S) and love them so far! Ball flight is perfect for me and the feel combination of KBS + Mizuno Forged = Pure Bliss.

Very cool video. KBS is my absolute favorite iron shaft and it definitely feels better than any shaft I've ever hit.

Very cool video. I love the feeling of my KBS Tours and don't think I will ever change shafts.

C-Tapers will be in my next set, 100%.

Just need to see if I want the X or S+, soft stepped.

Great video...I love my KBS Tour 90s and wouldn't think of playing anything else right now.

Think I may have to go back to KBS Tours. First time seeing a vid on shaft making. Awesome!!

I agree Cookie, I just dont know if my swing is fast enough for the tours. Ugh

They make the shafts in everything from regular to x-stiff flex. So just try the one that fits your swing best.

I had KBS 90 Stiff in my R9s, and now have KBS Tour Stiff in my Wilsons FG Tour V2's. Just like the video says, I love the feel of these. I don't ever see myself going back to Dynamic Golds, that's for sure.

I agree, Dynamic Golds just feel like mush in my hands. KBS Tour shafts just feel so smooth and solid!

Now I Really want to try these!

Made the switch to KBS Tours about 2 weeks ago now. Really wish I would have done it last year when my fitter told me to.

JB, did you install your KBS shafts yourself? Has anyone?

I'm not going to do it and Freddie said it wasn't actually that hard, I just need some reassurance that the guy at Golf Galaxy knows what he's doing. Ha. I wish they came from KBS already cut. I just want them to feel how they're suppose to and with such a blessing as to win these shafts, I want them done right.

Edit: Kind of reminds me of what it might be like to drop your child off at daycare for the first time...

Actually JUST got done doing mine about an hour ago! As long as you have the right tools it's pretty easy! Want pics?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Its very easy and yes I did my own. You should have no issues.

FYI the new site is up with shaft fitting fun to be had. Go HAM TMex

It's not hard, but if you don't have 100% confidence in what you are doing, as well as the right tools, you are better off paying someone to do it, than mauling a shaft like this. I am pretty sure Golf Galaxy will have the tools and the know how, to get you taken care of, especially if you haven't done this yourself before. My advise, for future reference, watch some videos on YouTube, ask for insight here and other places, get you some tools through GolfSmith or GolfWorks, and maybe practice on a few odd end projects (maybe start with re-shafting a wedge, or an old club you have laying around) and gradually work your way up to to do it yourself projects.

Regardless of whether I have done my own shafting before, I am still taking the KBS to an expert, because I myself don't have 100% confidence in doing these right and I want to make sure, there are no mistakes.

Thanks Gianna, JB, and Jeff. I actually may read up on regripping and things like this. I'd like to be able to do it myself someday. At least regripping.

Can't wait to get these shafts installed!

Thanks Gianna, JB, and Jeff. I actually may read up on regripping and things like this. I'd like to be able to do it myself someday. At least regripping.

Can't wait to get these shafts installed!

Re-gripping is so easy, once you do one yourself, you will kick yourself over ever paying anyone to do it. Same thing with re-shafting, once you do a few, you are ready to roll. This place is loaded with information and insight. Ask if you ever have a problem.

Re-gripping is so easy, once you do one yourself, you will kick yourself over ever paying anyone to do it. Same thing with re-shafting, once you do a few, you are ready to roll. This place is loaded with information and insight. Ask if you ever have a problem.

Thanks man. I appreciate the help. I do have an old 2 iron I could practice on. I could take one of these old shafts I'm about to pull and try to put it in the two iron. Bingo!

Back