Titleist 910 Hybrid Review

calebt17

Reaction score
Handicap
About a week ago, I was looking for a new 3 or 4 hybrid to replace my 08 TM Burner 3 Hybrid. I needed to fill the 190-200 gap in my clubs.

My problem with my Burner hybrid was flex point. My shots were going straight and then taking an immediate left turn after 175 yds. I was loosing distance and accuracy.

I decided to try out a few different options; the Cobra Baffler, Adams A12, TM Superfast, and Titleist 910. I tried a few different loft options on each club. I was setup on the monitor at GG. I took a few swings with the A12. For me the head was too small and I wasn't making solid contact.

The Cobra Baffler, the forgiveness and sound was really good. I hit some great shots with it. I had a nice draw ball flight with it. It was a possibility.

Next, I tried the superfast. I knew I would hit the superfast well. My distance was great I was averaging about 195 per shot. I noticed I was fading the ball a bit more with the TM. The ball got up in the air very quickly. This was in the running.

Finally, I tried the club I had been wanting to try for a few weeks, the 910 hybrid. The looks of it at address gives the appearance of a fairway wood. This is a plus because I hit my fairway woods well. I took a few swings and the forgiveness was there with hits across the face. The sound of the ball off the club has a nice click to it. My dispersion was a lot better I was hitting draws and nice little fades. The yardage was closer to the 200 range. I decided to go with the 21 degree loft instead of the 19 to give me an opportunity to get the ball higher in the air since I have a low trajectory.

I took it out on the course today and it was great. I hit it on the range and the ball flight did not disappoint. It was long and straight. It was useful on all the par 5's giving me an accurate 190-200 second shot leaving me with short irons into greens. I decided to try it on the closing hole at Stoneybrook. I wanted to hit it off the tee. Due to some water in the fairway the ball didn't roll. I was left with 195 to the green. I carried the water and ended up with a GIR. The looks, feel, and ball flight make this another solid addition to the 910 lineup. If you are looking for a hybrid this is one you will want to try.

Last edited:
I have to hit it next time we go out. The fact that I can adjust lie is awesome plus the shaft options are nice. Confidence in your weapons is key. Glad you found one that you have confidence in, buddy.

congrats, i think the 910 line is awesome, i wasnt a fan of the hybrid as my Rescue11 is perfect for me but i have the D2 and a 910F 17* on order. Hope it treats you well

Awesome caleb. So glad it's working for you. The 910 line sure is pretty.

I heard good things about the Rescue 11 but the superfast was one I wanted to compare. I want to try the 910 Driver and FW wood. However, I'm consistent with my TM woods, there is no need to switch at this point. Thanks for the feedback guys, confidence is key.

A german golf magazine tested 12 hybrids with a robo-arm and the Titleist 910 Hybrid got the most points and also was editors choice. I guess I have to find a store that has some demo clubs and give it a try

A german golf magazine tested 12 hybrids with a robo-arm and the Titleist 910 Hybrid got the most points and also was editors choice. I guess I have to find a store that has some demo clubs and give it a try

I've always wondered how much you could trust those robot-arm tests since in reality, the result will be what club that fits the robot arm best, with its swing speed and tempo. I might be a bit sceptical but still... And dont forget i'm not trying to say that the Titlesist hybrid is a bad club which i dont think it is.

I'm looking to try one of these tomorrow or next week. I'm in LOVE with the 910 D2 and F and want to try these. First time I've EVER liked any Titleist wood/driver but now I'm a believer.

I love mine. Keep us posted, hope it works out for you.

Very interesting calebt17 . The Titilest 910 line really has some fans this year! Looking forward to your post honeymoon report .

I've always wondered how much you could trust those robot-arm tests since in reality, the result will be what club that fits the robot arm best, with its swing speed and tempo. I might be a bit sceptical but still... And dont forget i'm not trying to say that the Titlesist hybrid is a bad club which i dont think it is.

I agree I'm not sure they are the most accurate representation. Different strokes for different folks as they say

Tap tap taparoo

Caleb -
What are your thoughts several months later? Still glad you bought the 910H or have you gone to something else?

Still very happy with mine. Ive had it in the bag now for a couple months now.

I hit my buddy's really well this weekend while in KC. I just cant stop hooking my M3, so I'm now in the market for a hybrid.

I recently switched from the Ping I15 Hybrids to the Titleist 910H in 17 and 21. They are VERY nice Hybrids. Like the OP says "long and straight". Haven't hit a bad shot with either one of them...yet...

I had a go of this earlier in the season and I was very impressed. The only thing that stopped me bagging it was the price tag. It came in almost double the price of the Mashie.

I'm planning to go hit one one of these (along with the 910D2/D3). Anyone else have any comments on comparing it to another hybrid they hit recently? Thanks!

The 910 line was and remains. Solid for me.the rescue 11 gives me better results but not by much. The tp is what I have and that shaft is great. The 910 has some great offerings too, more so than the r11. These were my top two picks for 2011. I am becoming more drawn to titleist equipment as there shaft offerings are stellar and most times no up charge. 910 is solid and feels great with the ahina I tested it with

I love mine but the key to getting the best out of it is not to try and murder it, just play it nice and smooth and it'll get out there!

Simple fact: hybrids and I do not get along. I tend to overdraw (hook) everything that I have tried. I have a 910h 21 and 24 and they are the "best" hybrids that I have tried. Very solid, adjustable and not too many hooks.

Just picked up a 19 degree 910 h with the Diamana Kai'li 80 gram hybrid shaft. Looks great at address and felt amazing on the simulator. Im hoping this fills the gap between my 4 iron and 15' hybrid. Looking for it to hit 210-220. I also figured out that the tool for taylormade and titleist is the same which I was pretty pumped about considering titleist doesn't give you a damn tool if you only buy a hybrid! CHEAP!

I also had a question. Can someone tell me how to put my clubs on the bottom of each post?

gra89ham - at the top of the page, just below the navigation bar you'll see a dropdown menu called "Forum Actions". Expand this and select "General Settings". Once you've been navigated to that page, select "Edit Signature" from the left-hand menu and you can add in your clubs :D

I had a 19* 910h which I was using last year. Fantastic club - great sound at impact and one of the best hybrids I've used. However I recently swapped over to the Ping i20 which gave me better numbers (both distance and accuracy). It's also not any harder to hit despite the smaller head size - and the matte black finish looks awesome.

So if you're looking for a hybrid - don't overlook the Ping! The only downside is the lack of adjustability.

Thanks....Yea I saw the Ping i20 and it did look great but like an idiot i didn't even try it.

Just traded my 910h in and plan to get the i20 which I've been demo'ing for a couple rounds. 910h is a great club, but I like the look of the i20 and how its performed for me so far - though I was comparing the 19* 910 to the 23* i20 and its a little early to be totally sure, I felt the i20 was pretty darn close in distance, which surprised me - I hit to about the same spot off the tee on a couple short par 4s vs the 910 during my last round. Really liking the stock 707 shaft.

gra89ham - I had a 19* 910h which I was using last year. Fantastic club - great sound at impact and one of the best hybrids I've used. However I recently swapped over to the Ping i20 which gave me better numbers (both distance and accuracy). It's also not any harder to hit despite the smaller head size - and the matte black finish looks awesome.

So if you're looking for a hybrid - don't overlook the Ping! The only downside is the lack of adjustability.

910 Hybrid

910 Hybrid

Tried out the 910 hybrid from my local pro shop today and I have to say, it is a really nice stick. I hit it off the tee at the first hole, the 410 yard 1st hole and hit hybrid, hybrid to the front of the green. The club felt great and I got instant feedback as soon as I hit it, it has a really traditional look and it's sound is amazing as well. What's your views on this club?

Back