NHL 2011-2012 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
i was saddened by the incident that took place last night. Its completely classless. Im just amazed that he still scored on his shootout goal after seeing such a thing. i would have been irate!

Montreal Canadiens, since I was a kid. Playing out front I was Guy Lafleur, in net, Ken Dryden. I don't know all the players on this year's roster, but it doesn't matter. Just hope the "Price" is right this season and the forwards do what they usually do. GO HABS GO! And Good Luck to Winnipeg, it's awesome to have the Jets back.

I haven't been following closely during the offseason, but that will change soon. Is there any word on how Sid's doing?

i was saddened by the incident that took place last night. Its completely classless. Im just amazed that he still scored on his shootout goal after seeing such a thing. i would have been irate!
I think it showed his mental toughness, I would have been a mess after that.

I haven't been following closely during the offseason, but that will change soon. Is there any word on how Sid's doing?

Sid who? lol Hes been skating and i think he scrimmaged with no contact the other day. they better be careful with him or his career could be over if he gets hurt again.

Canucks fan here!! Well lets see if our GM did the right things (or anything) in our short off season.

Leafs are looking pretty good. A lot of young defencemen fighting for spots at the big club. Im glad Im not the one making that decision.

The Penguins are beasting this preseaon, as expected. Geez just imagine when Crosby comes back.

i think this year is gonna be EPIC. there are so many teams that have really improved with young talent over the last few years and there aren't as many automatic wins anymore like there used to be. I love the way the NHL has gone over the last 5 years. Im really stoked to see the flyers finally seeing the league has changed and started trying to adapt their team. Should be fun watching and seeing how they do.

He's practising, but not taking hits. He is scrumming in corners and in front of the net, and taking contact, but still isn't throwing or taking full bodychecks. I've heard he looks great, and is in good shape.

Really hope Sid is soon able to get back. Would be a shame to see such an amazing young talent not return to form. If he ever does return to full form, we could see something very special.

He looked to be in great shape in August before returning to Pittsburgh. I saw him working out at the Canada Games Centre here in Halifax and he seemed to have bulked up compared to other seasons. I have a feeling, with his competitive nature, he will come back in better shape than ever.

Really hope Sid is soon able to get back. Would be a shame to see such an amazing young talent not return to form. If he ever does return to full form, we could see something very special.

He looked to be in great shape in August before returning to Pittsburgh. I saw him working out at the Canada Games Centre here in Halifax and he seemed to have bulked up compared to other seasons. I have a feeling, with his competitive nature, he will come back in better shape than ever.

It is too bad he won't make the start of the regular season though. The Pens first game is against the Canucks and it would have been a good excuse to go pay a weeks salary to go to the game!!

It is too bad he won't make the start of the regular season though. The Pens first game is against the Canucks and it would have been a good excuse to go pay a weeks salary to go to the game!!

It is a shame, though it's good to see him at least traveling with the team on this western road trip.

It is a shame, though it's good to see him at least traveling with the team on this western road trip.

Agreed!! Travelling and being part of the schedule and team function is a great sign.

I just read a great article in Sports Illustrated on his recovery. I'm happy to hear that he thinks he will return to full form soon.

Tonight during the Leafs game, they reported that he said he thinks it unlikely he'll play the first game. The way it sounded though, it will be a game by game decision, so hopefully he's not out too long.

Sid will sit. a la NHL.com

Tonight during the Leafs game, they reported that he said he thinks it unlikely he'll play the first game. The way it sounded though, it will be a game by game decision, so hopefully he's not out too long.

Yeah I doubt it will be too long based on how he said he feels.

With Sid out, Ovi needs to jump back. I think switching to Bauer will be a good movie for him, I know he was having a lot of trouble with CCM sticks.

Bauer was a great move for Ovi... IMO i think their equipment is a lot better than CCM. He looks in better shape this year too. hopefully he can have a bounce back year.

I'm not sure about better, like golf gear it all depends on the player. This coming from a guy who has never had anything besides Bauer skates from my first pair, until now. Though in comparison, Ovi has a heavy shot, requiring a stick with a high kick point, something that CCM failed to offer, so I think the biggest difference for him will be the stick.

He also changed his off season routine and focused more on training the entire summer, rather than just towards the end in preparation for training camp, or so I have read.

Bauer has alot more R&D dollars to spend on Ovi than CCM does. He was struggling finding the right stick all year.

Sid is definately out for the first week of the season (expected) because he was just put on the injured list. Goodness I hope he comes back like he was before. He was on fire last season before some cheap hits knocked him out for the year.

According to team sources ovi came in in the best shape they have ever seen him in. I'm hoping this year he will get things back on track and prove that he is just a good if not better than sid..... Who while I cannot stand and think is a cry baby is a better leader and all around player.

Here's to hoping ovi will prove me wrong this year.

So pumped for Thursday. It would be nice to have Sid, sure, but Malkin has looked amazing all preseason. He always steps up his game when Sid is out.
Really tough opening schedule, though. Western Canada swing where the Pens will have to play 3 different teams' home openers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back