The Official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
No need to keep piling on, guys.

Close the thread and move the discussion over here? I'll add that to the top 5 things I need clarification on for THP.

I PMd a few of you. Got a reply or 2. I honestly don't want anyone to think I don't appreciate THP for what it's given me in 4 1/2months. (An outlet to discuss opinions or talk about golf stuff in general) PM me back or don't, I sincerely apologize if anyone was offended or annoyed. That wasn't the point or my intention. It is however how I am Galen sometimes. (Working on that)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As I said in that thread, I understand your side of too many releases. I also see it from the other side. I'm sad that thread turned to what it did, because I think a solid discussion on the subject of golf release, retail and OEMs would be a good one.

Unfortunately, it turned in to a sh*t show with people just trolling each other. Then it was locked, opened, locked, opened and locked again. Weird.

Sad.

Inclusive not exclusive.

Words to live by.

Can't disagree with ya there. Also not sure why the discussion moved on to another thread but I guess I have things to learn and protocols to follow. Either way, sincerest apologies.

As I said in that thread, I understand your side of too many releases. I also see it from the other side. I'm sad that thread turned to what it did, because I think a solid discussion on the subject of golf release, retail and OEMs would be a good one.

Unfortunately, it turned in to a sh*t show with people just trolling each other. Then it was locked, opened, locked, opened and locked again. Weird.

Sad.

I wish I was as optimistic of you, but that thread comes up every few months and it always degrades into a pissing match. I get both sides of the argument, but at the end of the day the consumer dollar drives decisions. OEMs chase dollars where they are to be found. Is it any shock that the stalwarts like Ping and Titleist are shortening release cycles and increasing SKUs?

Can't disagree with ya there. Also not sure why the discussion moved on to another thread but I guess I have things to learn and protocols to follow. Either way, sincerest apologies.

No protocols to learn dude, you be you, THP is here for all of us however we see fit to use it.

Disagreements happen, its life, no worries.

I wish I was as optimistic of you, but that thread comes up every few months and it always degrades into a pissing match. I get both sides of the argument, but at the end of the day the consumer dollar drives decisions. OEMs chase dollars where they are to be found. Is it any shock that the stalwarts like Ping and Titleist are shortening release cycles and increasing SKUs?
And I was doing my best to make that thread in to a better thread and then got locked out.

There was actually some good discussion in there amongst trolling.

But what the hell do I know anymore.

It's just crazy to me that golf clubs are the only thing in the world that consumers dislike options with. It's not the case with cars (which are more than 50 times the cost of a driver), not the case with houses, not the case with anything else really. The only people that are hurt by too many options are the manufacturers once they flood the market with too much of one product and it's time for a new release and they have to make huge discounts just to move the old product. I can see why someone is a fan of the strict 2 year release cycles that Titleist or Wilson Staff has but for me I want as many options as I can get my hands on. It makes no difference to me if my clubs are new releases or not. Hell I had the chance to have all of the newest and latest releases in my bag and I went with an "old" hybrid and "old" putter because it was just the better option

Inclusive not exclusive.

Words to live by.
That's how I roll.

And that's what I was trying to do.

I didnt win my battle.

And I was doing my best to make that thread in to a better thread and then got locked out.

Yeah, I mean the M2 is awesome right :)

Yeah, I mean the M2 is awesome right :)
It is, I can hammer that driver, 6/10 drives.

You should see my setup with that driver. When I open my hips, flare my left foot back like crazy, and set up on the toe, I can HAMMER it. But, I look like I am giving birth to an octopus when I swing.

#mentalimage

It's just crazy to me that golf clubs are the only thing in the world that consumers dislike options with. It's not the case with cars (which are more than 50 times the cost of a driver), not the case with houses, not the case with anything else really. The only people that are hurt by too many options are the manufacturers once they flood the market with too much of one product and it's time for a new release and they have to make huge discounts just to move the old product. I can see why someone is a fan of the strict 2 year release cycles that Titleist or Wilson Staff has but for me I want as many options as I can get my hands on. It makes no difference to me if my clubs are new releases or not. Hell I had the chance to have all of the newest and latest releases in my bag and I went with an "old" hybrid and "old" putter because it was just the better option

No, it exists in other areas. Apple catches **** for iPhone and iPad releases yet they sell like heroin.

You're a good egg who sees the big picture.

It may very well be a topic that comes up now and again and is hotly discussed, it doesn't mean it has to turn to piling on and smug comments which could drive someone away.

Again I say, inclusive and not exclusive. We aren't other places, we welcome, we see the big picture, and we grow.

No, it exists in other areas. Apple catches **** for iPhone and iPad releases yet they sell like heroin.

But they never release just one phone or one iPad. They have options for each single phone too. Color, gb size...

You're a good egg who sees the big picture.

It may very well be a topic that comes up now and again and is hotly discussed, it doesn't mean it has to turn to piling on and smug comments which could drive someone away.

Again I say, inclusive and not exclusive. We aren't other places, we welcome, we see the big picture, and we grow.

We arent other places.

That thread turned in to a sh*t show, but have some GREAT arguments for both sides in there. Too bad.

One day, I will start a golf retail thread and have civil conversations. Nevermind, wont happen.

But they never release just one phone or one iPad. They have options for each single phone too. Color, gb size...

I think there is a price point where all products that have release cycles are prone to complaints about updates. When was the last time someone said anything about the sheer number of Odyssey releases in a year? I think drivers exists in a space where them at price point that is neither disposable nor easily obtained.

Remember that bike you were looking at for your cousin around Christmas, the Vita?

Between all colors, sizes and models, counting the leftover 2015 models and the 2016 models... There are 95 options. Colors, sizes, component groups, etc. 95 options for ONE BIKE. I just went on my dealer site to count and double check.

That's it!!! I'm never buying a bike. It won't be worth nothing when I try to resale it on Craig's list

That's it!!! I'm never buying a bike. It won't be worth nothing when I try to resale it on Craig's list
People way overpay for used bikes. Seriously.

I think there is a price point where all products that have release cycles are prone to complaints about updates. When was the last time someone said anything about the sheer number of Odyssey releases in a year? I think drivers exists in a space where them at price point that is neither disposable nor easily obtained.

The odyssey thing is interesting too. Many of us have said we wish they had more options for blade putters when not too long ago it seemed like they had too many different lines of putters out there. Putters just get looked at differently though. Maybe it's because there are so many other preferences in head shape and insert vs milled and all that

People way overpay for used bikes. Seriously.

Seriously?! Well my point from the beginning is there is nothing a consumer can do about releases expect get informed and move on. No amount of complaining is going to change what manufacture do.

Not going to lie, Ryan. Making my head explode with the amount of bike options. All I ever wanted was a black Norco Indie.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Seriously?! Well my point from the beginning is there is nothing a consumer can do about releases expect get informed and move on. No amount of complaining is going to change what manufacture do.

There is something consumers can do, stop buying new equipment. Manufacturers will in turn respond to consumer demand and adjust accordingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back