Cleveland Mashie Review

Wow, great review of a big OEM. What are you thinking giving props.....I mean you're just feeding into the exact type of 'back slapping' you accused THP of being envolved in.

You hit a club, liked it and gave it a good review. That is not different than the reviews offered up by other members of THP. So I'm trying to figure your issue!? I can only think your pissed you haven't been picked to test anything.....

Tapatalk'n from my iPad

Haaahaha kudos!

I tapatalk better then I golfatalk

Thinking that I might be giving up the Mashie M1 soon. I've been revamping my swing here lately (stronger grip and a little flatter swing plane). Now what was once my favorite club in the bag I can't get up off the ground. I've tried ball positioning and working on tempo but all I can get out of it is a super low left hook. I once thought fairway woods were my bain but after hitting the Cleveland FL I'm thinking that a 3 wood might do me good now. The M3 is still money though, so she's not going anywhere.

I've given up on the M2. The off set has been an issue, and having duck-hooked too many balls just killed my confidence with the club. The good hits with it were money, but not knowing if it is going straight or straight left I can't take that chance. Replaced it with a Burner 2.0 3 wood, which the extra distance I can use.

I've given up on the M2. The off set has been an issue, and having duck-hooked too many balls just killed my confidence with the club. The good hits with it were money, but not knowing if it is going straight or straight left I can't take that chance. Replaced it with a Burner 2.0 3 wood, which the extra distance I can use.

I guess it's too late now but I found that if I center the ball in my stance and don't swing too hard, I have gotten rid of the duck hook with it. I had the same problem a went to the range and just worked it out. Haven't hit a duck hook since.

Wow, great review of a big OEM. What are you thinking giving props.....I mean you're just feeding into the exact type of 'back slapping' you accused THP of being envolved in.

You hit a club, liked it and gave it a good review. That is not different than the reviews offered up by other members of THP. So I'm trying to figure your issue!? I can only think your pissed you haven't been picked to test anything.....

Tapatalk'n from my iPad

But ya wanna know something? It ain't in my bag. I didn't buy it.

And I do actually like Cleveland equipment. Cleveland was my second brand new set of clubs ever.

I'm a regular Joe nimrod. I'm not a pro reviewer. Wow - grow up!

And I could care less about freebies - Man you are a pieice of work aren't you?

I have to come in and say this again. The face of the Mashie makes me want to address the ball closed and I pay for it. I really concentrated on aligning it correctly this weekend and the results were there. I almost feel like the face is open when I set up, but I know it's not. Those little dots are really helpful.

Never hurts to keep reminding of us of this! I sometimes pull my Mashie left when I use it off the tee although I really concentrate on my alignment. I just got the Mashie out to look at what you are talking about and see that is exactly what I'm doing wrong. I bet that will fix my tee shot on our #3 par 3 where I keep missing to the left of the green. Thanks!

But ya wanna know something? It ain't in my bag. I didn't buy it.

And I do actually like Cleveland equipment. Cleveland was my second brand new set of clubs ever.

I'm a regular Joe nimrod. I'm not a pro reviewer. Wow - grow up!

And I could care less about freebies - Man you are a pieice of work aren't you?

I think he's just referring to the fact that you reviewed a major oem, which you were banging on people for doing, and yes we can quote you on it if you'd like. He's not talking about the review itself. And also you said it WAS going in your bag. And now you get all defensive about the fact that you didn't buy it.

Maybe if you'd quit being such an offensive flamer on here you could and will gain respect from people. Tone it down and have fun. We're here for you and everyone else. We don't HAVE to post on this site.

Edit: sorry to get off topic on this thread, it's a disservice to Cleveland and the people looking for reviews. I just don't know where else to post to try to get through to the gentleman and to maybe stop the further bickering.

Last edited:
I guess it's too late now but I found that if I center the ball in my stance and don't swing too hard, I have gotten rid of the duck hook with it. I had the same problem a went to the range and just worked it out. Haven't hit a duck hook since.

Not too late, I still have it. I may let it rest and give it another try later on in the season. Thanks for the tip.

Not too late, I still have it. I may let it rest and give it another try later on in the season. Thanks for the tip.

Yeah I actually widened my stance just a little bit almost as if I was hitting a driver and it has been money in the bank for me from all lies.

I had a great round with the M3 yesterday. I am not a long hitter by any means but the i used the M3 for a couple of 215-220+ shots into the green and went past it each time. I hit it on the screws both times. I only hit my 5 iron about 175 so I hope the M4 will fill the gap. Any thoughts of if the M4 will bridge that gap or should I also take the M5 into consideration? The driver was not working for me yesterday and I used the M3 off the tee for the last 3 holes (2 par 4's and a par 5) and found the fairway each time.

Sounds like you might need two clubs to bridge that gap! And from my experience the Mashies don't like choke down or half shots. But maybe that's just me.

Mashie M4 and 5 iron

Mashie M4 and 5 iron

Hey guys, sorry if this has been asked before but I've tried searching and didn't find anything. I have burner 2.0's 5-aw and I recently purchased the Mashie M3 and M4. My question is with the loft of the 5 iron 2.0 being 24* I believe and the M4 at 23* should I return the mashie since they're so closely lofted, or will the M4 still go considerably further? I've yet to hit the M4, in case I return it, so I don't know what distance I get out of it. Thanks for any help.

I would go hit the M3 and then make your decision. The gap between the M3 and 5 iron is the key. If it's less than 20 yards, you don't need another club there. If it's more, you probably do. That's step one. If you do need to fill that gap, then go and try to demo an M4 (so you can keep yours new) and see what the results are.

You can choke down on the 20.5 to take a few yards off if you decide to shelve the 23

I would imagine as long as the 2.0s are that you will be getting similar distances from the two. You may need to ask yourself which one you hit more consistently the M4 or 2.0 5 iron and then go with that one. If it turns out to be the M4 than I would consider going M2 and M4.

Sounds like you might need two clubs to bridge that gap! And from my experience the Mashies don't like choke down or half shots. But maybe that's just me.

I use my m4 for lots of knockdown shots and routinely choke down 1-2 inches, 3/4 back swings, etc. and it performs admirably. With the M2, I'm normally hitting a full swing tee shot but it complete rocks when you need a punch to stay < 3 feet in the air and still make it 125 yards or so.

Thanks for the help guys. I'm gonna go out to the driving range tomorrow and see my distances with the M3 and 5 iron and decide if I need to bridge the gap with the M4. If I end up not using the M4, is the M2 that much longer than the M3 and would it be about the same as a 3 wood? I would just go hit a demo M2 but the only golf course around here that has demo Cleveland clubs only has the M3 to demo. Thanks again.

Thanks for the help guys. I'm gonna go out to the driving range tomorrow and see my distances with the M3 and 5 iron and decide if I need to bridge the gap with the M4. If I end up not using the M4, is the M2 that much longer than the M3 and would it be about the same as a 3 wood? I would just go hit a demo M2 but the only golf course around here that has demo Cleveland clubs only has the M3 to demo. Thanks again.

I'm not a long ball hitter but I hit my 3wood anywhere from 215-230 and my M2 in the 195-210 range. It certainly replaces a 5W for me and I prefer the pretty hot, lower stinger trajectory off the tee to find fairways.

Mashie-iron yardage gaps

Mashie-iron yardage gaps

Hi all,

I'm looking at picking up a new Mashie (I have the 20.5* and I love it), but I am on the fence as to whether to go with the 23* or the 26* if my i15 5 iron is 27*. The shaft lengths are as follows:
- Mashie 23* - 39.75"
- Mashie 26* - 39.25"
- My 5 iron (27*) - 38"

Which do you think would best fill the distance gap?

Thanks!

More inportant than the loft gap is the actual distance gap you hit them. I will always hit a metalwood/hybrid type club 10-20 yards further than an iron of the same loft. Either way I look at it you may have a distance gap there. Is there a dealer near you that you can go hit them at and chart your distances?

More inportant than the loft gap is the actual distance gap you hit them. I will always hit a metalwood/hybrid type club 10-20 yards further than an iron of the same loft. Either way I look at it you may have a distance gap there. Is there a dealer near you that you can go hit them at and chart your distances?

(thanks for moving my thread to the right place, mods)

Thanks for the help. Unfortunately, the M5 is a special order, so there is no way for me to get my hands on one. I keep thinking that, logically, the distance gap may be an issue here, but looking at the Ping i15 hybrids (designed to go with the irons) the specs on the 4 hybrid for loft and length are identical, so maybe they should match?

BDoubleG, I use the M3 and M5 mashies and have about a 20 yard gap between the 2 which works pretty well for me. I carry a 5 iron, but rarely use it as the M5 (26*) goes about 5-10 yards further and I'm just more consistent with it. And I can just choke up an inch and get my 5 iron distance.

Pretty excited that my Mashie M1 came in today, cant wait to get it out on the range tomorrow and the course this weekend.

Pretty excited that my Mashie M1 came in today, cant wait to get it out on the range tomorrow and the course this weekend.

Definately let us know how it goes. I'm pondering hybrids, and the new Mashie is up on my list for sure.

Definately let us know how it goes. I'm pondering hybrids, and the new Mashie is up on my list for sure.
Will do. Im excited to see how it works, as it's a 15.5* M1. This weekend I am going to go Driver, M1 (15.5* hybrid) and 3H (19*) to see how those gaps work for me, rather than my usual set up of Driver, 3W, 3H.

I think it will be a good setup for me, if so, then crank up the RBZ pondering.

Back