Swinging on plane

MarcH

1-900-Foley-Boys
Reaction score
Handicap
Work
Found a great drill to actually feel swinging on plane instantly.

[video=youtube;-FH5r5_tROU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FH5r5_tROU[/video]

I've been struggling a lot lately with trying to perfect it and this drill has shown me the light. hopefully :)

Go to range:
5 swings horizontal to the ground
--bend over--
5 swings with same feeling but you're now acting like your hitting a ball
Hit a ball
Repeat over and over for a couple weeks

That's the plan...will update with a video comparison in 2 weeks . Hope this can help others as well.

Wow, that was very informative. I've never thought of it that way, but it makes a lot of sense. I'm going to try this out. Thanks for that video March.

This is a great drill and I do it before each warmup! He is correct in everything he said. I have people sometimes come and ask me, "what's the easiest way to get a golf swing without having to take lessons, read a book or watch something on TV?". Well, he just showed you. That's it! Start off by taking a baseball swing about 10 times. Then keep going but imagine the hitting zone a bit lower and keep swinging, then go lower and lower till your brushing the grass with your swing. There is the golf swing in about 1 minute.

But I still wanted to see him hit that ball off the tee at the end......errrrr!

Great tip Marc and one I will be working on myself! Swing plane issues have always haunted me and it takes perfect timing to hit a ball solid when the plane is off. It would be so cool to have a better and more consistent swing plane.

thanks for that....pretty interesting and I'll try it next time at the range

Thanks Marc, I really like the approach presented here--one of the more useful tips I have seen on YouTube. Getting on plane is a constant struggle for me and is the primary cause of my bad shots.

Nice video. Watched a few of his others, too. Seems like a very organic approach to the game. I like it!

Man this drill helped a lot in my swing today. I've had such a hard time getting the forearm rotation just right to get the club set shallower with the face square. My hips would shoot out ahead, arms get stuck behind causing steeper angle of attack and bigger misses. I added this drill with a Hogan drill and hit the ball great today. Finally I can attack the ball from the inside and just swing more around my body. Will be working hard on perfecting this for the rest of the month.

Here's the Hogan drill: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wpyAXvIDYw

Man this drill helped a lot in my swing today. I've had such a hard time getting the forearm rotation just right to get the club set shallower with the face square. My hips would shoot out ahead, arms get stuck behind causing steeper angle of attack and bigger misses. I added this drill with a Hogan drill and hit the ball great today. Finally I can attack the ball from the inside and just swing more around my body. Will be working hard on perfecting this for the rest of the month.

Here's the Hogan drill: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wpyAXvIDYw

Dude, that has to be the most scenic driving range I have ever seen. Nice Swing also.

This is a great drill and I do it before each warmup! He is correct in everything he said. I have people sometimes come and ask me, "what's the easiest way to get a golf swing without having to take lessons, read a book or watch something on TV?". Well, he just showed you. That's it! Start off by taking a baseball swing about 10 times. Then keep going but imagine the hitting zone a bit lower and keep swinging, then go lower and lower till your brushing the grass with your swing. There is the golf swing in about 1 minute.

But I still wanted to see him hit that ball off the tee at the end......errrrr!

He was just a big tease, great tip though.

Great tip Marc. I'm going to try that next time I'm out. Where are your cargo shorts and t-shirt? LOL Keep up the good work!!

Nice, I'm going to try this tomorrow. Thanks for posting!

This may have been the best golf video I have ever seen. I'm trying this tomorrow.

Great, great thread. Nice work, Marc. I'll be showing this to my daughter.

Kevin

That may be the simplest explanation of the swing plane I have ever seen...thanks for post it!

I watch that specific Hogan video incessantly. And I work on that on the range incessantly.

Thanks for the drill, MarcH!! I also checked out your Shoulder Iso drill.... makes so much sense.

Ty and no prob guys/gals. That video was so good I had to share it.

Monte is a great source of info for the golf swing. I've watched a ton of his videos. Seems like a real nice guy as well. Thanks for posting Marc

Thanks for sharing Marc that breaks down the swing so easy with a very simple explanation. Time to hit the range.

Dude! I would have paid my pro fifty bucks for that lesson and he would have made it much more complicated than that. I will try that out when I get to the range this morning. Thanks Marc.

This also helps to get a feel for swinging in to out and helps with the feel of a proper release through contact.

Back