Krank Rage Driver?

I must be the only one who saw that this was started as a specific driver thread.
I have never been known as the guy who starts issues or such, but looks like I am letting stuff get to me, here.
Maybe its time to find a new sandbox.
Thanks,
LaMont in AZ

Wow, it seems to me like you are taking this very personally.

Do you have some financial, professional, or personal connection to Krank? (I'm not being sarcastic, I'm actually wondering.)

Any time a thread about a certain club gets started, other options are suggested. And that's every golf forum, not just here. People chime in with their own personal experiences as well as things they've read. Hell, between Diane, Claire, Gasman, Smallie and me, we're lucky this thread didn't turn into a discussion of the merits of bacon flavored grips on putters!

Last edited:

Do you have some financial, professional, or personal connection to Krank? (I'm not being sarcastic, I'm actually wondering.)

Any time a thread about a certain club gets started, other options are suggested. And that's every golf forum, not just here. People chime in with their own personal experiences as well as things they've read. Hell, between Diane, Claire, Gasman, Smallie and me, were lucky this thread didn't turn into a discussion of the merits of bacon flavored grips on putters!

Or half naked women wearing pumps and hello kitty tattoo's.

Any time a thread about a certain club gets started, other options are suggested. And that's every golf forum, not just here. People chime in with their own personal experiences as well as things they've read. Hell, between Diane, Claire, Gasman, Smallie and me, were lucky this thread didn't turn into a discussion of the merits of bacon flavored grips on putters!

What are you implying Harry? hehe

I must be the only one who saw that this was started as a specific driver thread.
I have never been known as the guy who starts issues or such, but looks like I am letting stuff get to me, here.
Maybe its time to find a new sandbox.
Thanks,
LaMont in AZ
As stated by Harry Longshanks, people will chime in with various opinions on a topic, if you feel a post is innapropiate for a thread there is always the option to report the post with your concern, and lately that option has been excercised in several threads. Using the report option or even private messaging the individual can usually avoid any issues being aired in the open forum.

What are you implying Harry? hehe

I'm implying that between Diane, Claire, Gasman, you and me, we're lucky this thread didn't turn into a discussion of the merits of bacon flavored grips on putters!

Me? I'm shocked!

golf.jpg

So it's not a putter!

Using the report option or even private messaging the individual can usually avoid any issues being aired in the open forum.

No financial, emotional or grocery-based stake in Krank, at all for me.
I agree that many an issue can be solved by using the PM route. If I recall correctly, I sent a very similar PM to someone in power, recently with this same advice.
Thread went south, they sometimes do.
Over-reaction, probably.
Oh, and if anyone has issues with a Hello Kitty tattoo, I'll be around, LOL!
Thx,
LaMont in AZ

I have one of their 5 woods and two of their hybrids. I seem to get good distance with them. I have not had a durability issue. The company was easy to deal with and seemed to truly believe in the product they were selling. Sign up for their e-mails and the send some really good private sale offers.

My two cents.

If it isn't a major OEM or advertiser THP will not promote a non advertising club manufacturer over an OEM or advertiser. If your reading comprehension is at a 2nd grade level or better and you read the reviews you can definitely see that THP is not gonna rag an OEM, no how, no way. An OEM could come out with the worst piece of crud ever and THP would give it rave reviews and standing ovations. I have not read a bad review of a major OEM on this site.

Got to keep those freebies coming, right boys?

My two cents.

If it isn't a major OEM or advertiser THP will not promote a non advertising club manufacturer over an OEM or advertiser. If your reading comprehension is at a 2nd grade level or better and you read the reviews you can definitely see that THP is not gonna rag an OEM, no how, no way. An OEM could come out with the worst piece of crud ever and THP would give it rave reviews and standing ovations. I have not read a bad review of a major OEM on this site.

THP promotes plenty of non major OEMs. Yonex comes to mind right off the bat.

I see Yonex on PGA players bags. That is big time advertising ain't it. Pretty heady stuff for a tour player to be playing Yonex and have it on his hat or bag. Of course THP would promote Yonex, Yonex is better known then say a Krank. And wouldn't we all want some free Yonex stuff. I know I would. Don't lie you would to.

Now one has to ponder the fact that THP is promoting GEEK over Krank. Does Geek advertise here or give away free stuff to the THP staff and members?

Hey, it is what is is. Just don't rag one manufacturer over another when we all know your advertising dollars are paid by the Big OEM's. And as long as you get the big bucks and freebies from the big OEM's or your advertisers, aren't you going to push them over any other manufacturer. If you're that obtuse ain't no need to reply.

Hold on, what's being pushed?

--
tapatalk

Its an old thread that I found. I'm just stating the obvious about how reviewers will push their advertisers, who pay the bucks and bills, over non-advertisers.

No don't get me wrong. I actually like THP for the most part. I just find it more then coincidental that the major OEM's and advertisers are always getting the best reviews and the little guys are held in a somewhat lower regard. Tell me it ain't so.

We all know it s fact, the OEM's give us freebies and we want to keep those coming. The Advertisers pay the bills so we will give them a favorable review to keep the money flowing. Its business and it is what is. Can't deny that.

Can't tick those people off by telling the truth about what a piece of junk one of their particular products may be. Now can we? They may cut off our freebies and our money. Honor be damned!

The heavy driver seems to be getting very good reviews from everyone involved, I wouldn't consider them a major oem.

You entitled to an opinion but I wouldn't question someone's honor dude.

--
tapatalk

Its an old thread that I found. I'm just stating the obvious about how reviewers will push their advertisers, who pay the bucks and bills, over non-advertisers.

No don't get me wrong. I actually like THP for the most part. I just find it more then coincidental that the major OEM's and advertisers are always getting the best reviews and the little guys are held in a somewhat lower regard. Tell me it ain't so.

We all know it s fact, the OEM's give us freebies and we want to keep those coming. The Advertisers pay the bills so we will give them a favorable review to keep the money flowing. Its business and it is what is. Can't deny that.

Can't tick those people off by telling the truth about what a piece of junk one of their particular products may be. Now can we? They may cut off our freebies and our money. Honor be damned!

How about the Nicklaus Driver's eh? No real advertising out there at all yet being reviewed here.

Anyways, I really think you're off base here, there have been clubs reviewed by people that just did not work for them even though they did for others and that's part of the review, the good with the bad.

I'm just not sure why your panties are all in a wad? To me personally it sounds like you're the one with the agenda with how hostile the posts are coming off. Having an opinion is great but questioning integrity is not cool.

JV, I was concerned about that as well when I joined not too long ago. However, a deep run through the review threads - especially the open review threads - shows that THP is very fair to all kinds of manufacturers. My next purchase will be a driver and reviews from THP have lead me away from a big OEM like <insert major OEM here> because it doesn't seem like their clubs are quite right for my game. That's where THP is different, if you read what the people in the open review threads say, you can find information that will be analogous to your game and your swing. And as a matter of contention, I'd say that THPers in general root for the little guy. It is always cool being the first guy at your course/club/group that has something which improves your game. If you're buying major OEM, you're never that cool.

I absolutely love it when my honesty and ethics are questioned.
Major OEMs get preferential treatment? Really?
THP reviews EVERY piece of equipment sent to them regardless of who makes it.
THP holds open demo days for ANY company that wants to participate.
THP sends its equipment to regular consumers to review rather than just writing editorials.
Driver Shoot Outs pitting EVERY company against each other.
You find ONE other place that offers that kind of feedback.
Instead most places offer the same guy writing every review or the same group of guys hitting off mats into a simulator. Nothing wrong with either type of coverage, just different from what we do.

How dare you come in and tell me that someone is paying for a positive review here. That has NEVER happened. Not once, not ever. I love the logic here, that a company because of their size has influence whether they advertise or not. Have you ever thought maybe golf companies with millions in R&D are actually making pretty darn good equipment? Hmmmm, maybe that would explain the positive reviews from the testers on THP. Maybe companies large and small are putting out some of the best equipment across the board that has ever been done?

The list is endless for small companies on THP that are not advertisers being raved about. Just in the last month we have Boccieri, Nicklaus, SeeMore by regular consumers. Heck, THP has been raving about smaller OEMs such as these for years since the first THP demo day. You should really understand how the world of advertising works with in the golf industry and how the decision makers have nothing to do with PR or anything else. The ONLY instruction sent to testers when they are about to review a product is to be honest.

Jesse,
You are so far off base that its almost comical. We know where you are regurgitating your information from and that too is so off base its absurd. But once again, thanks for questioning my honesty and integrity in this business. I urge you if you want to know the truth, come to a THP Outing & Demo Day and see what unbiased really is rather than being unoriginal and flat out incorrect.

Ask questions about a process you clearly dont understand before making accusations.
Find out what really goes on here.
But questioning the integrity of the THP reviews, questions the integrity and honesty of the 100s of forum members that have taken the time to review equipment here.

Sensationalism covered up as journalism is not objectivity. Remember that phrase!

Last edited:

Go check the many posts in the Boccieri Heavy Driver thread. There are pages and pages about my fellow testers loving that thing. It hasnt clicked for me yet, but I am the only one who hasnt made the switch already. Boccieri is far from a major OEM.

My two cents.

The first bolded line shows how little you know about THP.
Before questioning someone's integrity and honesty, you should at least get your facts straight.

I guess us that are testing the nicklaus driver must be the exception? I can point you in the direction of a forum where you would fit right in. Unbelievable some of the comments made

I tapatalk better then I golfatalk

I see Yonex on PGA players bags. That is big time advertising ain't it. Pretty heady stuff for a tour player to be playing Yonex and have it on his hat or bag. Of course THP would promote Yonex, Yonex is better known then say a Krank. And wouldn't we all want some free Yonex stuff. I know I would. Don't lie you would to.

Now one has to ponder the fact that THP is promoting GEEK over Krank. Does Geek advertise here or give away free stuff to the THP staff and members?

Hey, it is what is is. Just don't rag one manufacturer over another when we all know your advertising dollars are paid by the Big OEM's. And as long as you get the big bucks and freebies from the big OEM's or your advertisers, aren't you going to push them over any other manufacturer. If you're that obtuse ain't no need to reply.

Your hand must be in kranks pocket, that's why your getting so worked up huh?

So your upset that you haven't been picked to review any of the "freebies" as you put it?

The members of THP tell it like it is, good, bad and ugly. They review the big boys (nike) and the lesser knowns (swing thought) all with complete honesty. These are all regular guys and girls that love the game and all that it has to offer. Offering up an opinion is a bonus
If you if think there is an agenda....don't read the threads. But if you stay, read the threads and offer some constructive feed back. Questioning someone hard work is hardly fair.

Tapatalk'n from my iPad

So your upset that you haven't been picked to review any of the "freebies" as you put it?

The members of THP tell it like it is, good, bad and ugly. They review the big boys (nike) and the lesser knowns (swing thought) all with complete honesty. These are all regular guys and girls that love the game and all that it has to offer. Offering up an opinion is a bonus
If you if think there is an agenda....don't read the threads. But if you stay, read the threads and offer some constructive feed back. Questioning someone hard work is hardly fair.

Tapatalk'n from my iPad

Well said! Would add rep if I wasn't on tapatalk , and honestly Jesse, before reviewing the nicklaus driver, I would of never games a non major oem club. But Im so happy I have the chance, because after tinkering I love the driver and its opened my eyes to the lesser known manufactures, now when looking for a new club I am Going to demo every single manufacture I can. And Im very thankful for being a member of thp, because if this. So maybe you should read every thread and not just pick a random one to complain about

I'm gonna go ahead here and state that THP is definitely not biased. I could give you multiple examples of guys here who stated that certain pieces of equipment just wasn't for their game. I was lucky enough to demo a Seemore putter. I had seen a Seemore once before being a tester, and even when looking up their putters before getting mine I thought the whole RST system was gimmicky and I stated that in the thread. For the past 2 weeks I've tried going back to my old putter with not so great results. I gave a very positive review to Seemore based on A. Their great customer service and B. Their solid product which produced very well for me. Just because I got to test a club doesn't mean I have to game it, but yet it's in my bag and that's my choice. There are some good components out there, and I game some but OEM's didn't get to where they are by putting out bad or less than stellar clubs.

I will add to this just a bit. What about our golf ball testing? Would people consider Polara or Vision to be a major OEM? Sure we have tested and reviewed Bridgestone, Nike and Srixon golf balls as well but I don't think Polara and Vision would be considered a popular brand. Here is a list of all the companies we invited to our 2010 Driver Shoot Out (just to give you an example of how 'biased' we are):

Taylormade
Nike
Callaway
Cleveland
Srixon
Wilson Staff
Bridgestone
Adams
Mizuno
Titleist
Cobra
Ping