Open Championship Predictions

I can say that I did not pick any Americans in my 4 picks to win it. Still think Rory is gonna play well after the Open victory and Luke played very well at the Scottish Open. Hoping the weather does not wreak havoc as I also went pretty low on my scoring prediction.

Great read, but I gotta say if Phil finishes top 15, everybody else owes JB something. I vote a beer, but if you don't live near each other, a sleeve of his favourite ball would do just as well. I think he plays mediocre on Thursday, then well on Friday and Saturday, then plays alright on Sunday, just enough to finish top 10. I've got Donald, McIlroy, and Westwood all finishing top 5, so should be a great tourney to watch (just wish I had a PVR so I didn't have to get up a 6 to watch lol)

+1 For GolferGal & Smallville- Sergio finally wins a major!

P.S. I'm a bit biased because I'm Spanish :rockon:

i liked the read - i think rory brings it home!!

should def be fun to watch. I love this major. I have to set my alarm since im aiming to be off work at midnight tonight. maybe ill just DVR and fast forward through shots hehe

Me gusto Sergio...but I didn't take him in the contest...I really wanted to...but I didn't.

Glad people enjoyed the article. It is always fun putting these together.

Excellent read. I quite enjoy reading the staffs take on the majors.

I was expecting more people to call me crazy for picking Stenson as my dark horse.
Not that crazy. His recent history at the British is quite impressive!

I was expecting more people to call me crazy for picking Stenson as my dark horse.

I was expecting more comments on my prediction of a 61 year old! Course all I did was mention making the cut top be a splash. Still hope the weather turns bad.

Predictions

Predictions

Good read on the staff picks and I agree with the Rory love but can not agree with the Phil Mickleson blow out picks. Well at least JB got it right. I am surprised with the lack of spirit for Phil here! Come on guys & you to GG, the man is overdue and this is his Open to prove it with a top 10 or less….. This should be a fun Championship for sure!

I was expecting more comments on my prediction of a 61 year old! Course all I did was mention making the cut top be a splash. Still hope the weather turns bad.

If the weather turns bad, I would say the odds go up for Paddy. He is tough as nails in bad conditions, somewhat like the 61 year old guy.

That's why I picked him. But he has had some less than stellar rounds this year so I figured someone would give me hell for it. I was just surprised no one did.

I was just glad you didnt give Gmac the GG Kiss of Death by picking him haha.

GG - We were just chalking up your pick of Stenson to the fact he strips down to his underwear to hit golf shots.

Looks like the weather is going to be NASTY! I bet it will be a first major victory for someone, I think it will be a dark horse winning this one.

Looks like the weather is going to be NASTY! I bet it will be a first major victory for someone, I think it will be a dark horse winning this one.

Haven't seen any new forecasts, but I hope you're right!

So far through three rounds I have mixed results on my predictions. Since this isn't the tournament spoiler thread, I suppose Spoiler Tags can't hurt.

Spoiler
  1. Winner-Sergio Garcia. Currently T25 and shot 4-over today and is 9 back. One person's pick is better than this, but if your pick isn't even Top 10, it's not very good. MISS
  2. Darkhorse-Tom Watson. Currently T25 and shot 2-over today in the worst of conditions. Based on World rankings, I don't think anyone else's darkhorse can compare at this point. HIT
  3. Who shoots better? Rory McIlroy. Westwood and Donald both missed the cut. Most everyone picked this one. HIT
  4. Does Phil finish 15th or better? - He is T7 and at even par and can't putt. If he can get some to fall tomorrow, watch out. If Lefty can't putt tomorrow, then he could easily fall out of the top 15. But I hope he stays there and can make a run at the title. MISS

So far, at +4 young Rory isn't quite living up to that "Next Tiger" tag now is he?

I think DJ shoots about 67 to win it tomorrow.

I really hope DJ puts a good round together tomorrow and wins this thing. I may shave my goatee and leave a soul patch if he does.

Who's comparing him to Tiger?

I think a ton of the media were saying it. I don't have direct quotes but it had that buzz but that's just my opinion it just really felt like everyone was but that's just generalizing. I'm just glad head to head Rickie did better :alien:

Edit: JRod has my back.

Back