Rochester NY officer shot and killed

Ag2979

Reaction score
Handicap
Awful news from my home town tonight. A city Pd officer was shot an killed while on duty. Just sickening.

That is awful to hear.. do happen to have a name? My cousin is on the Rochester City force along with a friend of mine.

That is awful to hear.. do happen to have a name? My cousin is on the Rochester City force along with a friend of mine.
The news has not released the officers name as of yet from what I read.

Just saw this on the plane as I landed at JFK. Very sad to hear, god bless his family.

That's terrible, my thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

Horrible news. Rest easy brother.

The news has not released the officers name as of yet from what I read.
Thanks - was just catching up on it via Twitter and sending texts to family and friends confirm that they are okay.

I am very anxious for a name as well. I have a couple of friends that work for RPD in that area. There is no respect for police in the city of Rochester anymore.

I was just in that area last week when I was home . There is a beautiful polish catholic church that stands 4 blocks from the scene. We were there for a friends daughters christening.

so sad. thoughts and prayers with family and friends.

Messages from a Fallen Officer
To My Partner
You did all that you could, I fell and you stood.
You know sadness was never my style.
Those were the cards that we drew, nothing else more to do,
Except remember me, friend, with a smile.
To My Spouse
Don’t think me gone, but away, though I wish I could stay,
I’m not there, but our love did not end.
We had faith, we had love, sure as God is above
I feel your love from here that you send.
To My Children
I know for you it is hard to be alone in the yard
In that place where we laughed and we played.
My girl, my boy, know you still give me joy,
Live your life as I did, unafraid.
To Officers Left Behind
Each day you hit the street to cover your beat,
Prepare for the dangers you face.
Train hard, wear your vest - you’ll be put to the test.
Each day with your family embrace.
To the Criminals
Now that I’m here and God’s plan is so clear
To you there is but one thing to say.
You steal, rape and kill and abuse your free will
Your time will come, when there’s Hell to pay.
To All
I seem gone from you now, but I know that somehow
We will reunite in another place.
For “The good they die young,” is a song often sung,
But this verse is flawed on its face.
You see the good don’t die young, but instead they live on,
In memories, and many a heart.
The good that you do does not die when you do.
For the good, death’s not an end, but a start.

This was written by Lt. Dan Marcou. Retired as a highly decorated police lieutenant and SWAT Commander with 33 years of full time law enforcement experience.
I saw this a while back and thought it was appropriate for this sad day.

While there have been recent shootings of officers in Rochester, this is the first RPD officer killed in the line of duty since the 1960s.

Did hear from cousin and friend that they are okay but understandably heartbroken over losing a fellow officer.

The suspect was paroled less than 3 weeks ago and is currently in surgery.

Terrible to read things like this.

Just terrible news.

Just spoke with my friends wife and he is OK. He actually goes back on the road in that neighborhood next month as a LT,

This is the 5th shooting in 6 years for that department.

Glad to hear your friend is ok Ag. I have a few friends who are Police officers, and even had one family friend who was killed in the line of duty back in 2000.
I hate to read things like this. My prayers go out to this Rochester policeman's family.

Hate to hear this thoughts go out to RPD and the officers family

My best friend is an officer there and it's a horrible event. The shooter was taken to the same hospital where he is expected to recover. As someone said this isn't the first time this has happened in the city. Last time the officer survived but it was a 15 yo who ambushed them.

Daryl Pierson, 32 yrs old. Leaves behind a wife, 4yr old and 3 month old. He was on the force since 2006 as part of the tac unit and a member of the army national guard.

My best friend is an officer there and it's a horrible event. The shooter was taken to the same hospital where he is expected to recover. As someone said this isn't the first time this has happened in the city. Last time the officer survived but it was a 15 yo who ambushed them.

Anthony diponzio was the officer shot by the 14 yr old a few years back. He was WALKING AWAY from a call that had been settled. I grew up down the street from him.

Daryl Pierson, 32 yrs old. Leaves behind a wife, 4yr old and 3 month old. He was on the force since 2006 as part of the tac unit and a member of the army national guard.
This is just sickening that some have so little regard for human life.

This type thing is always horrible enough, but to happen to such a young father and husband is completely unjust.

Thoughts out to his family and all those that serve and protect us, that are affected by this news.

The suspect was paroled less than 3 weeks ago and is currently in surgery.

so taxpayers will foot the hospital bill, then pay to incarcerate for the rest of his life.... the officer's family loses twice with this deal,seems to me

so taxpayers will foot the hospital bill, then pay to incarcerate for the rest of his life.... the officer's family loses twice with this deal,seems to me

Depends on when the arrest is made, lots of times it's not made until they are released from the hospital so the department doesn't get footed with the bill.

If I was the surgeon I'd have a tough time fixing the guy.

How sad...thoughts going out to their family.

Man theres been a ton of posts online from my friends about this. So damn sad I cant stand when this happens. With family friends who are officers in the area and this being so close to home its just awful.

Back