My swing...Tell me what you think

Gianna1025

Reaction score
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Handicap
Went to the range today and was working with a Tour Striker Pro. I have some videos to share. Let me know what you think

And one from down the line
[video=youtube_share;7NR-ncs-ZaY]http://youtu.be/7NR-ncs-ZaY[/video]

Looks really really good man. Your back looks a little rounded at setup, but I think your swing is fluid and powerful man.

Looks really really good man. Your back looks a little rounded at setup, but I think your swing is fluid and powerful man.

I agree with this. Very nice swing, but you could stand up a little straighter. And if I had to say anything else, it would be that you could start your downswing with you shoulders a little more and let your arms follow. You're sort of starting with your arms and letting your shoulders follow. But a very fluid swing. Nice job man.

Looks great. All I could say is a little more shoulder turn. It's hard to see on youtube, but it looks in the second video like you might go past parallel on the backswing which has caused me issues as well.

Set up needs to look more "athletic". Stick your chest out more/pull shoulder blades back. Look at tour pro vids to compare.

Sucking the club way inside on the back swing then your inside and drag the handle down the line (more inside out path), you can tell by how high your hands finish.

You unwind beautifully through impact and create a lot of speed, if you would only set up a little better and swing more on plane (in to in path) you'd be hell on wheels.

Weight xfer looks good as well.

Overall pretty good action just needs a little polish.

Do you struggle with high, right pushes? Pause the 2nd video at 3 seconds on the downswing and your head is in front of the ball. At this point, you have to throw or release early the club to save it from going dead right. I was doing the same thing and hitting lots of high, right blocks. Try moving the ball position more forward in your stance so at address the ball lines up with your left ear. Trust me it will feel awkward with a short iron but it makes a difference.

Meh head position looks fine. You want to be on top of it with an iron.

Meh head position looks fine. You want to be on top of it with an iron.

It's okay to have your head in front of the ball at impact? If so, I'm going back to my old swing lol

Set up needs to look more "athletic". Stick your chest out more/pull shoulder blades back. Look at tour pro vids to compare.

Sucking the club way inside on the back swing then your inside and drag the handle down the line (more inside out path), you can tell by how high your hands finish.

You unwind beautifully through impact and create a lot of speed, if you would only set up a little better and swing more on plane (in to in path) you'd be hell on wheels.

Weight xfer looks good as well.

Overall pretty good action just needs a little polish.

Anyone in particular I should look at?

It's okay to have your head in front of the ball at impact? If so, I'm going back to my old swing lol

Haha no! He looks at tad ahead at impact but I think its the camera angle that is making it look that way. You can see the mat is at a small angle, if it were square he'd look more on top I'd imagine.

Anyone in particular I should look at?

Doesn't get much better than Scott. But all of em do it so good.

be08e57a.jpg

You're a little too far inside on your take away....that is compounded by...
5375093a.jpg

A straight right leg (loss of power) and an over swing the crosses the line.
These are tough positions to play consistent golf. Your shoulder turn is strong, good stance. By keeping the flex in your right leg it will shorten your backswing and really harness all the power of the swing.
Try to get the club moving back not around your body. The shoulder will
route the club around your body. You don't have to force it will your arms.

Thanks Tadashi, so you're saying most of my problem is in my stiff right leg?

If that is all you changed you would
Improve. But also try not to suck the club so far inside the line or behind you.

Back