The Morgan Cup - Want to be a Tour Player?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have hit both companies equipment and I can guarantee that equipment will not be the deciding factor. The club between the ears will be the bird that tells the tale.

Seth, glad to have you as a TH supporter buddy.

Glad to support! Also, I am hoping to get my Team Hackers Support tag in my sig by lunch.

So we have Calloaway vs Calloaway this morning. Team Hackers vs Team Paradise. Brother big vs Brother little. One-T just threw a 74 up and TC gets upset when he shoots a 74. And a little first round preview. Who you got? I'll take TC throwing down the hammer today. It will be ugly and over quickly. Talk about it.

Agreed. TC wins 4 and 2, and OneT makes him laugh the whole time.
So we have Calloaway vs Calloaway this morning. Team Hackers vs Team Paradise. Brother big vs Brother little. One-T just threw a 74 up and TC gets upset when he shoots a 74. And a little first round preview. Who you got? I'll take TC throwing down the hammer today. It will be ugly and over quickly. Talk about it.

I have no idea anymore what to post in this thread, I can't figure it out. From 9am EST - 5pm EST. I'll go One T's approach (make all the jokes you want) from this point on though.

Any of the TM guys worried the Callaway guys will have an advantage since they've had their irons for so much longer?
I don't think so. TM guys have had their woods and wedges for quite a bit longer, so some could look at that as an advantage as well. I'm really not worried. Even though I went away from an iron I don't normally play currently, I got the perfect shaft and I am comfortable with the heads and I've never taken that long to get used to a set of irons. I'm probably going to have a solid two-three weeks of play and practice to get the yardages dialed in, which is an eternity in my book.

I think the timing of the equipment has been ideal. It's given us enough time to talk about them on the boards and get them dialed in for the event. We also still have a few pieces that are yet to arrive, which is exciting.

Each sponsor worked a little different in what they decided to get out first. Any new club is an adjustment but I do not feel there is an advantage either way. Just depends what the strength of the player is.

Any of the TM guys worried the Callaway guys will have an advantage since they've had their irons for so much longer?

I have no idea anymore what to post in this thread, I can't figure it out. From 9am EST - 5pm EST. I'll go One T's approach (make all the jokes you want) from this point on though.

I'm going to go explore the forum.

Each sponsor worked a little different in what they decided to get out first. Any new club is an adjustment but I do not feel there is an advantage either way. Just depends what the strength of the player is.

I agree. While some things didnt quite go as planned or might have had to change in the end I think all things equipment will be equal. We'll have plenty of time to adjust and get to know our equipment. But..winners still play Callaway.

Cool, hope to see some good posts.

I'm going to go explore the forum.

Agreed. All joking aside about everything, in the end the person holding the club determines good shot or bad. Having the sponsors linked to both teams adds an interesting twist in my eyes.

I agree. While some things didnt quite go as planned or might have had to change in the end I think all things equipment will be equal. We'll have plenty of time to adjust and get to know our equipment. But..winners still play Callaway.

I'll take TC. One-T doesn't realize its far too hot to pee excellence. Instead, he will sweat it all out, ultimately leading to bathing in his own non-excellent urine.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk

Cool, hope to see some good breast.

Agreed. All joking aside about everything, in the end the person holding the club determines good shot or bad. Having the sponsors linked to both teams adds an interesting twist in my eyes.

I agree TMex. Its always going to come down to execution in the end. Who is going to execute the shots and make putts.

I'll take TC. One-T doesn't realize its far too hot to pee excellence. Instead, he will sweat it all out, ultimately leading to bathing in his own non-excellent urine.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk

hahaha nice, very nice.

Yeah, despite a few complaining, that is really not the case. Both sides of staffers were limited in choices and both sides of staffers were reigned in on shaft choices. I think both sides were treated incredibly well for this event.
I could not agree more myself.

So last night while I was hanging with the girls DirtyDawg announces that he shot a handicap aided round of 71, not bad...his handicap shows he's an 8.8, but this is the internet so I'd say he's closer to a 10, maybe 11. So that means he probably realistically shot a 81 or 82 and everyone assumes I'm emailing my captain ducking him. Not so fast my friends. I duck nobody, never had and never will. Handicapped my last 2 rounds were a 66 and a 69, so if we wanna play handicaps all day I guess we can do that. But oh no....the Morgan Cup is not handicapped is it?! Uh-oh.

On another note, have fun out there today TC and One-T!

I don't think we can complain about the equipment. Both TM and Callaway offered us some great options. The shaft curveball was unexpected, but nothing you do about it. In the end we are still getting some amazing equipment to use in this once in a lifetime experience. I know Callaway has been very generous with us as has Taylormade with it's staffers.

So last night while I was hanging with the girls DirtyDawg announces that he shot a handicap aided round of 71, not bad...his handicap shows he's an 8.8, but this is the internet so I'd say he's closer to a 10, maybe 11. So that means he probably realistically shot a 81 or 82 and everyone assumes I'm emailing my captain ducking him. Not so fast my friends. I duck nobody, never had and never will. Handicapped my last 2 rounds were a 66 and a 69, so if we wanna play handicaps all day I guess we can do that. But oh no....the Morgan Cup is not handicapped is it?! Uh-oh.

just come out and say I pitty the fool!

Wait, this isn't handicapped? Oh crap, I feel bad for Team Hackers.

I agree with everyone else. Even if there was any advantage to be had Callaway vs TaylorMade as far as who got what when, it's negated by the fact that both teams are 4 Callaway and 4 TM staffers. The irons I chose should not be decidely different than what I have now, and are fitted for the first time ever.

Both companies have been outstanding through this process, and have provided us with the best equipment available.

Coming from the guy that's index says 4 something at one place and 7 something here...hehe

I don't think we can complain about the equipment. Both TM and Callaway offered us some great options. The shaft curveball was unexpected, but nothing you do about it. In the end we are still getting some amazing equipment to use in this once in a lifetime experience. I know Callaway has been very generous with us as has Taylormade with it's staffers.

Both companies had shaft curveballs.
I truly think its in bad taste to look at any of that one-sided without knowledge of both sides, as I said before

just come out and say I pitty the fool!
Nope, I don't pitty no fool from Team Hackers. As soon as you show pity for the fool you start feeling bad for them and want to ease up on them, that's not happening.

I do respect the fool though, as I do all my opponents in The Morgan Cup. DD's no fool though, he's just a guy driving a tractor and playing to his handicap....can't disrespect that.

WOW, lots to catch up on this morning, good luck out there Calloways, hit em straight TC, and One-T I just hope you can hit them. I'm too tired for good trash talk today, is it too early for bro hugs?

Both companies had shaft curveballs.
I truly think its in bad taste to look at any of that one-sided without knowledge of both sides, as I said before

yes that I know. Which is why I meant that to be about both companies. There is nothing you can do about that. I know some TM staffers had to choose different options from what they originally were looking for. It happens, it's up to the companies to offer us what they would like and both companies have offered plenty of great options.

I just purchased plane tickets. I will officially be attending the Morgan Cup!

WOW, lots to catch up on this morning, good luck out there Calloways, hit em straight TC, and One-T I just hope you can hit them. I'm too tired for good trash talk today, is it too early for bro hugs?

Dude its never to early for bro hugs. Let me check my iPhone first for an app...

Dude its never to early for bro hugs. Let me check my iPhone first for an app...
This thread is getting me all messed up, I went up and bro hugged some lady at the Grocery Store last night. I thought I heard her say "Morgan Cup Team Hackers" but it turns out she was talking to her daughter "Morgan" about a hacksaw. She didn't appreciate the bro hug one bit. Stepped back and floored me with a roundhouse kick to the jaw...pretty mobile for an older lady!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back