Evolution of a new golfer

My two cents...try to keep some flex in that back leg. Straightening the back leg can promote the unwanted too steep backswing. Otherwise you are looking great, especially for a newer golfer. Keep up the good work!

Well my local course opened up to day picked up my membership on the way home from work and all set to play some golf this weekend cant wait.

Finnaly got to [lay some golf this past weekend. played 18 and shot a 110 vary happy with that number as a starting point this year was the first time i ever played 18 straight anyway. Has some good shot and some not so good shots during the day. My goal is to brake 100 in the next month which i think is a goal that is in reach for me. Shot a 60 on the front 9 and a 50 on the back 9. Going to play again this Friday with the wife who is 5 months pregnant at the moment and she still shot a 84 when we played on Sunday. Was great to get out in the beautiful whether.

Got out for another 9 quick hole this after noon. had the wife with me and she noticed i was standing maybe a bit far from the ball so i moved in a few inches and also changed my grip just a bit and bam 220 yard hit right down the fare way with my 3 wood. felt really good but thought it just might of ben a flux then i had 4 more hits also vary stright and arounf 220 yards also so i thinlk i may have found a swing that works most of the time. need to work on my short game alot. but feels good to get to a green in 2 when its 530 yards

Your swing looks pretty good from my end of things. I play with some people who have been playing golf longer than you and their swing doesn't look nearly that good. Keep it up, and you'll break 100 in no time.

~Rock

Ben a little bit since i have posted in the thread life has gotten busy with the new baby on the way in augest. But i have ben playing about 18-27 holes aweek. My game has evolved nicelly so far this season im shoting a consistent 52 on my 9 hle cousre i got to. I think my short game has improved the most. From 100 yrds and in i can get it on the green 90% of the time putting is hit or miss but when it starts to get lighted out sooned in the morning ill be hitting the putting green before work. I should be able to get some video of my swing this weekend.

First off, congrats on the baby. Golf s fun but it ain't that important. Hope you have a golfer. Second, your swing ain't bad. It does need work. Tempo is really pretty solid. You rotate your shoulders with your hips, so I bet you fade the ball or pull something silly: Try getting those hips a little ahead. Also, you hands don't turn over very well. Give a little enphisis to keeping your head home but your hands turning ahead of your body. A good drill I find is taking half swings making sure the clubhead goes from pointing up at the back to pointing up at the follow through while starting the swing with your left hip. An old Jim flick special. Once you get that going straight, add length to the swing. It's the drill that taught me how to swing a golf club

Last edited:
Playing my first scramble today 3 holes in doing okay
aefc2865-7325-1508.jpg

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Been a little while since i posted in here figured i would give a little update. Have been playing at least 18 holes a week and doing ok average score lately have been 102 almost there to brake 100. I was hopping i would be able to hit ball in the back yard after work in to a net but the bugs are so bad at my house i cant even be out side its been like that for 2 weeks now. I did get a RBZ 5 iron from taylor made and i love it (also some posts from me in the RBZ testing tread on it). This one club has shown me that i need new clubs at this point i need a game improvement club till i get better. My short game is doing better than my long game from 100 yrds in i can for the most part get it on the green or within 5 yards or so. Long game still hit it right and i am struggling with that going to get some more lessons i hope for my bday coming up in july. My putting is hit or miss one day i 1 or 2 put next 3 or 4 putt. I plan on leaving the house early before work a few times a week and just putt and chip to get in some practice. I had a bunch of video but my video camera is broken and cant get any of the video off it. brought it to bestbuy for repair but they could not guarentie they could save any of it for me.

Got out for 9 holes tonight was the only one there got to love living in a small town. Shot a personal best of 41 from the white tees tonight. Tried something new tonight i would only think of one thing hit the ball in the middle of the club face i focused on the ball and that was it. To me it seemed like i made more quality ball strikes tonight then i have in the past. Seeing i shot my lowest score yet i say it helped me by clearing my mind and only thing of hitting the ball. Also my putting was on tonight didn't 3 put at all tonight and my shipping was also good. My driving the ball is so so still hitting it right so i have just been hitting my RBZ 5 iron and getting about 200 yrds with it so it taking me a extra shot or 2 to get to the green on the longer holes. all in all a good night for me at the course.

Had a awesome day golfing got to the driving range to work on my swing a bit. Got my big bucket of balls and started to swing at them after about 10 hits and hitting them right every time i stopped and had to think about what I was doing. First i realized my stance ha ben changing every time i aproched the ball so that was the first thing i worked on today. I have come up with a way to have the same stance and distance from the ball for me. after I figured that out i hit the ball alot less to the right. As other posters have said in here to me my hips don't always clear vary well and rotate vary well so i did a little stretching to loosen up a bit and worked on rotating my hips a bit. So i got my hips rotating a bit better and hit a few straight as a arrow which made me vary happy. So i started to work my way through all my irons hitting about 8-10 balls each and had vary good luck hitting them vary straight. So being happy with my swing i bought a second large bucket of balls hit all of them so hit about 200 or so balls and made some vary good progress with my swing and my ball striking today. then i hit the course and played 9 holes. shot a 40 a new personal best at my course for me. It was nice to hit some balls t the range then play sure wish my course had a driving range to warm up on.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

Are you hitting them straight right or are they turning left to right?
From the video i would've thought you're swinging from the inside out, on a steeper plain than what you adress with. But that may just be the perspective.

Nice to see a vlog of somebody's swing evolution, keep it up :)

Are you hitting them straight right or are they turning left to right?
From the video i would've thought you're swinging from the inside out, on a steeper plain than what you adress with. But that may just be the perspective.

Nice to see a vlog of somebody's swing evolution, keep it up :)

for the most part the turn right like a slice but not as bad

I got my video camera back from bestbuy so I will have a video up this week of my new swing

Had a awesome day golfing got to the driving range to work on my swing a bit. Got my big bucket of balls and started to swing at them after about 10 hits and hitting them right every time i stopped and had to think about what I was doing. First i realized my stance ha ben changing every time i aproched the ball so that was the first thing i worked on today. I have come up with a way to have the same stance and distance from the ball for me. after I figured that out i hit the ball alot less to the right. As other posters have said in here to me my hips don't always clear vary well and rotate vary well so i did a little stretching to loosen up a bit and worked on rotating my hips a bit. So i got my hips rotating a bit better and hit a few straight as a arrow which made me vary happy. So i started to work my way through all my irons hitting about 8-10 balls each and had vary good luck hitting them vary straight. So being happy with my swing i bought a second large bucket of balls hit all of them so hit about 200 or so balls and made some vary good progress with my swing and my ball striking today. then i hit the course and played 9 holes. shot a 40 a new personal best at my course for me. It was nice to hit some balls t the range then play sure wish my course had a driving range to warm up on.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

There is a way to get better feel with a hip turn by hitting chip shots. Set up for a chip with the ball just inside your back foot and your stance open to about 30 degrees. Now take the club back to about waist high just with arm swing then instead of swinging arms back down just rotate your shoulders, hips, torso (everything above your hips) back to the ball, try it it works. You will learn to control that rotation better with this partial swing than you can with a full swing and then when you hit your driver when you get the club and your hands back down to about waist high on the downswing do the rotation and keep your hands and arms going through the ball. The only way to really hit the ball hard is to use this rotation, you will hit the ball a ton. Arm swing alone is not going to do it. This drill also helps your short game, chipping, pitches, half shots, everything except flop and lob shots, those have to be hit with arm swing mostly.

Got out for 9 holes tonight was the only one there got to love living in a small town. Shot a personal best of 41 from the white tees tonight. Tried something new tonight i would only think of one thing hit the ball in the middle of the club face i focused on the ball and that was it. To me it seemed like i made more quality ball strikes tonight then i have in the past. Seeing i shot my lowest score yet i say it helped me by clearing my mind and only thing of hitting the ball. Also my putting was on tonight didn't 3 put at all tonight and my shipping was also good. My driving the ball is so so still hitting it right so i have just been hitting my RBZ 5 iron and getting about 200 yrds with it so it taking me a extra shot or 2 to get to the green on the longer holes. all in all a good night for me at the course.

That's actually something I've considered myself, good luck with your driver though!

Well finally got to play 9 holes today have not played in 2 weeks. My daughter decided she wanted to new born 6 weeks early. She w as born on July 7 and it's been a long 2 week's. She has been stuck at the hospital in the NICU ( newborn intensive care unit ). She and the wife are doing great and the doctors said. She has a great chance of being discharged on Tuesday of this coming week.

Here's a few pics and to keep it golf related one of my newest favourite pictures

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1342979340677.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1342979340677.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 0
  • uploadfromtaptalk1342979415887.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1342979415887.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 0
Man Turbo, glad to hear your Daughter and Wife are okand those 2 pics put everything in perspective. I'm also glad your playing ok, keep at it, this is a good thread.

Back