Evolution of a new golfer

turboboost4me

Reaction score
Handicap
Hello my goal with this thread is to show my self and any one that's interested how i progress with my game over the next year. I played my first round of golf last June and was hooked after the first swing. My first round of golf i shot a 80 its a 9hole course. Last round of the year i shot a 48 playing once a week. I have bought a membership at my local club and will be playing 3-5 times a week. I will update the tread as i work on my swing and game. Will be shooting lots of video of my self to study and hopefully help correct my poor swing. Any feed back on my video's or ideas of what i can do are always appreciated.

Heres my first trip to the driving range this past Sunday.

<br>

The sun was brutal it was strait a head of me and at just the right height so when i looked up i would be blinded by it.

UPDATE PAGE 2 2/12/12
UPDATE PAGE 4 3/16/12 small update

I will be going to the driving range every other week till the course opens. I will post updates as i go and see if i can acctully hit a golf ball with just a little skill by the end of the summer

Last edited:
Good luck and I look forward to following along.

Pretty good swing you have there, very good for a beginner! I can't wait to hear how your journey progresses. All of us have gone through this beginning phase and it is a great idea to document it!

Best wishes on your journey! Thanks for sharing it with us.

It sounds like you got the right mind set to get your swing where you want it. I'm rooting you on and have fun with it!

This will be awesome. Looking forward to see how you go. Good luck and happy hitting.

Good luck this year! Great idea! I am sure you will get tons of feedback and hopefully be where you want to by the end of the year! Looking forward to see how it goes!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II using Tapatalk

Good luck in your journey!

good luck and I will be watching your progress

Awesome! Thanks for sharing

Best of luck and just always remember to have fun! Looking forward to reading about your progression.

Tappin' from CM's iPad!

Awesome idea and it'll be good for yourself to look back on after a year and see how far you have come. I will be tuning in to this regularly to see how your getting on. Good luck!

Good luck this year! Just remember that golf can often be day to day. One day you have it, the next day you don't. I never allow myself to get too high when its good, or too low on the bad days. This is the one thing I know for sure after having now played for close to 40 years.

Good luck!! consider me subscribed

Good luck Turbo. There couldn't be a better community to get feedback and support.

On a side note, I have been playing with a couple people for a few years now. When I first met them, they had only been playing for a year. They've been playing for 3-4 years now, and your swing already looks better than theirs. That is a tremendous accomplishment on your part.

~Rock

best of luck in your journey

I've spent some time looking up some different stretching exercises. I was vary sore and stiff after going to the range found all those mussels i haven't used in a few months also will hopefully get me loosened up to rotate my upper body better. i have started to put together some different drills i can do at home to help me better learn a proper golf swing.

On a side note from the looks of thing this post may get long since it will go on for about a year. I will edit my first post with the date and what page of my newest update in on to better direct people to the newest updates. also thanks for all the encouragement so far much appreciated.

Good luck turbo, I just started playing back in June. My first round ever I shot a 127, I took that card and posted in my garage right over top of where my clubs sit. Now every time I shot a new PB I post that card right below the last one as a confidence boost before I go out. With the help on this forum I have moved my PB down to 85 and still float around a 90 avg. I hope you succeed in this wonderfully evil game of inches!

Best of luck Turbo...the stretching and exercises is exactly what I am working on this winter.

Went to the local hardware store and bought some fiberglass poles to make some alignment sticks. was not going to pay 30bucks for some at dicks. I spent $3.48 and made 4 of them. Figured id do a little putting tonight.

after looking at the video realized my putting cup was off so that's why o missed the first 2.

Went to the local hardware store and bought some fiberglass poles to make some alignment sticks. was not going to pay 30bucks for some at dicks. I spent $3.48 and made 4 of them. Figured id do a little putting tonight.

after looking at the video realized my putting cup was off so that's why o missed the first 2.

Thats what I like to say when I miss a putt, the hole placement was in the wrong place haha

I figure if I can't be good at golf I better start learning all the excuses Lol

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Love your baffles!!!!!! This will be a really interesting thread, look forward to reading this

Back