Finger on the Trigger HELP PLEASE!!

I am a little confused about why I couldn't hit the mizuno's today when last time I was hitting them great now its almost the opposite the burner 6 iron was carrying an average of 150yards which was great.

I am a little confused about why I couldn't hit the mizuno's today when last time I was hitting them great now its almost the opposite the burner 6 iron was carrying an average of 150yards which was great.

Man, that's just golf sometimes. One day you'll hit something great, and the next day you hit something else great.

Which irons do you want? Forget for a second what's on sale. I think that should have something to do with it to a degree.

Well originally I wanted the Burner 2.0 but the guy had me try the Mizuno's that day and I hit them well so I figure on them but now it has flipped. I don't know to be honest both are appealing to me but the mizuno's seem nice but I didn't hit them well so the Burners seem nice now. I am terrible at making decisions like this.

Yea I am in a tough spot. Watch I will go back this weekend and the mizuno's will be the better of the two. I feel like upgrading my irons to anything at this point would be helpful.

Well originally I wanted the Burner 2.0 but the guy had me try the Mizuno's that day and I hit them well so I figure on them but now it has flipped. I don't know to be honest both are appealing to me but the mizuno's seem nice but I didn't hit them well so the Burners seem nice now. I am terrible at making decisions like this.

hahaha, well, it's suppose to be a fun process buddy. Try to enjoy it. Which Mizuno's?

JPX-800 HD's

Do i go with the mizuno's even if I don't hit them well or do I go based on what I hit the best? I am confused/ annoyed just when I thought I had this figured out I get thrown for a loop.

Do i go with the mizuno's even if I don't hit them well or do I go based on what I hit the best? I am confused/ annoyed just when I thought I had this figured out I get thrown for a loop.

You want to go with what you hit the best. You'll enjoy that a lot more.

SO do i go in over the weekend and not even swing the Mizuno's again and torture myself. Should I just go with the taylormades or should I swing both and hope I can get an answer?

I honestly can't sleep I can't stop thinking of what to do. This is tough.

I'd swing both and go with the one that you hit the best. And stick to it. Why buy something that you have to work at to hit solid, confidence in the clubs will take a few strokes off your score. Lack of confidence can turn 3s into 8s. Haha

Yea thats the thing the first time the mizuno's hit pretty amazing so I thought they are it but after tonight I am lost not to say the burners are bad. I want to get the club that fits me best gives the best distance and overall performance. I don't want to make a dumb mistake or flip a coin over this if you know what I am saying. What if the mizuno's hit better over the weekend then I am back to the beginning.

Any other suggestions?

I never put the finger on the trigger unless I intend to shoot. Pull that trigger already.

Are you just boiled down to those two sets of irons? I've not hit those Mizuno's but maybe some others have?

buy what you like and hit the best....sounds like 2.0's so far?

Yea I might go for that but if the Mizuno's are more forgiving is that a better club to help me improve in my game? I will admit I am a terrible decision maker when it comes down to things like this. I appreciate the input from everyone.

Yea just hose two and thats the thing the first timethe mizuno's hit great then last night not so much but the burners hit decent. So now I am confused and stuck.
Are you just boiled down to those two sets of irons? I've not hit those Mizuno's but maybe some others have?

You just need to make the decision and whatever that is, will be the right one. I can assure you that if you stick around THP for any amount of time, you'll want something different soon anyway. It's what we do, haha.

I think if you can save the money, then you go with the 2.0's. They're awesome irons, and like I said, you can take the money you save and invest in other clubs.

yea that sounds like a reasonable solution! Thanks!!!

I'm confused as to why you ate only looking at these two sets. There are so many clubs out there and you are stuck on two sets. I suggest you go back pick every club that fits your eye and swing them. Both sets are good but there are so many more sets to compare. If you are really up grading then give them all a look see. You may find that these dont even compare. And since you don't strike me as a new clubs every year kinda guy, get something you're going to love long term.
Sorry to be Johnny late to the show but I don't think either set you have chosen is going to make you happy.
As far as the SC putter, same thing roll all the putters that are pleasing to your eye. And you don't have to be good enough to roll a Scotty.

I'm in a bit late on this but it seems like you are rushing your decision a bit. Have you hit any other brands like Ping, Nike, Callaway, etc.? There may be another brand that works out better for you. When I was first selecting my irons, I went to Golfsmith and hit almost everything there and wrote in a notebook what I thought of each iron and eventually getting it down to 2 different irons. I then compared those 2 irons for a couple weeks to really see which one I hit better. In the end, I was very happy with my purchase and felt like they were the best irons for my swing.

Don't rush into a sale that you aren't 100% sure about. It's your money and you should be completely satisfied with what you spend it on.

Yea i guess that is a thought but they were in my price range or around 700-800 for irons. I might go try hit some others.

The reason why was because they seemed to be the most forgiving and game improving clubs from what I found.

Back