Pacific Northwest golf at its finest!

golf4life

Grip n rip
Reaction score
Handicap
Saturday I left for a business/vacation trip to the Vancouver area. Wed-Friday I'm in meetings in downtown Vancouver, but until then I'm with family and played golf at Sandpiper in Harrison, BC (Fraser Valley).

http://www.sandpipergolfclub.com/

For someone stuck out east most of the time, I just love the mountain, pine tree and river golf that the west gives you. Unseasonably warm (about 50*) temps let us play this beautiful course that runs between mountains along an arm of the fraser river.

Unfortunately all pictures to follow taken with my crummy phone camera....

Here's a view back from the putting green to the clubhouse and the moutain that this course sits at the base of:
sandpiper7.jpg

My brother's practice swing teeing off along one of the holes that runs by the river.
sandpiper4.jpg

Signs of the rather cold winter they've had to this point: Water hazard still frozen over with multiple golf balls dotting the surface:
sandpiper5.jpg

A view back towards the river and mountains from somewhere on the course:
sandpiper6.jpg

A view on one of the downhill par 4s that is well shaded (thus the remaining snow)
sandpiper2.jpg

Crossing a footbridge to get to the back tees over a mountain runoff stream:
sandpiper3.jpg

Overall, a beautiful, pretty tough course that was in surprisingly good shape for just being uncovered from snow. Today we're playing in Abottsford at Ledgeview, not as pretty but quite challenging too. I'll try and take some more pics today.

Nice pics from the phone camera golf4life. Great views of the mountains and streams, enjoy your time on the course.

Great pic's, beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

Thats great G4L, I wish you could make it over to Victoria and I'd take you for a round at Bear Mountain, but maybe next time man. Glad you are enjoying our westcoast golf and having a good time in Vancouver. Watch out for Super Tuna, he's very very sneaky.

That's gorgeous, g4l. So jealous.

that looks like a great place

I live about an hour, to an hour and half south of Abottsford. I go up there frequently to watch the AHL hockey team. I really love living in the northwest with all these great view golf courses we have. It's rare we get weather like this in February, heck even through June it's rare. I had too many plans already to go play a round of golf which is a bummer. Glad somebody got out there and enjoyed it!

Thats great G4L, I wish you could make it over to Victoria and I'd take you for a round at Bear Mountain, but maybe next time man. Glad you are enjoying our westcoast golf and having a good time in Vancouver. Watch out for Super Tuna, he's very very sneaky.

Yeah, I love it out here. We're probably going to be in the area for about 3 weeks this summer. Might be very possible to make it out to the island then! And yeah, I bet Super Tuna is sneaky.

I live about an hour, to an hour and half south of Abottsford. I go up there frequently to watch the AHL hockey team. I really love living in the northwest with all these great view golf courses we have. It's rare we get weather like this in February, heck even through June it's rare. I had too many plans already to go play a round of golf which is a bummer. Glad somebody got out there and enjoyed it!

Yeah, my brother lives about 5 minutes from where they play, he goes all the time too. Am jealous of all you guys who live out here... well, at least when it's not raining.

Yeah, I love it out here. We're probably going to be in the area for about 3 weeks this summer. Might be very possible to make it out to the island then! And yeah, I bet Super Tuna is sneaky.
Its on then!!!!!!!! We will have a blast.

Great pics G4L, man that place is gorgeous! Love the mountains and tall trees. We have no mountains and a couple courses (my home course included) hardly have trees at all.

Great pics...

Thanks everyone, I'm no photographer, but its hard to take bad pictures out here. Be jealous of CB and others that make this their home (at least when its not raining for a month straight).

And Jake, yeah, the trees are impressive and also really force you to hit pretty accurate tee balls. My brother wanted to play from the back tees and several times we were hitting out of tree lined chutes. Not necessarily my strength but it forces you to really focus on the tee, and sometimes you pretty much have to work the ball left or right if you want to hit driver.

Thanks for posting this! It looks gorgeous up there. We have a course up near us that has those chutes and it is a fun challenge to get through them.

amazing stuff buddy! enjoy the time up there!

Very Nice. I lived in the NW last year when I was working up there. Was a member at Oakbrook G&CC in Lakewood. Great golf in the NW.

Dude slice.

Sand Piper looks like a great course. I'll have to make it out there one of these days.

Dude slice.

Sand Piper looks like a great course. I'll have to make it out there one of these days.
LOL, see there he is sneaking up on us.

Back