New Odyssey Putters?

It's listed as Tour Black which confuses me. They finally started slinging those Proto's too. I miss the blade putters at times. The DART is just so easy to aim and the insert is the best i've ever hit.

I saw this putter at GG a few weeks ago, pretty sure its not a Tour Black but a White Ice DART. Thats what it said on it.

That price from Golfsmith is consistent with what I saw at Golf Galaxy.

I wonder if not calling it a Tour Black would make it less confusing. Tour Black to me, says milled not insert.

That price from Golfsmith is consistent with what I saw at Golf Galaxy.

I wonder if not calling it a Tour Black would make it less confusing. Tour Black to me, says milled not insert.

I agree. Id love to see a Tour Black Backstryke. No white ice insert. Milled face.

Make it happen. Or just lend me your PT. Either way, you'll be ok in my book.

I agree. Id love to see a Tour Black Backstryke. No white ice insert. Milled face.

That would be sick. Expensive as ****, but so sick.

More Odyssey milled faced putter would be great, even if they did a non-Black Series line, I just love the Odyssey milled faced putters. Really expensive, but best feeling putter face I have ever putter with.....some day.

I'm in the market for a putter and after hitting several, I think I've decided to go with the DART mallet. I prefer the tour black, the only only problem is I need it to be 33" and they only offer the tour black in 34 and 35. I'm fairly new to the game and have never had a shaft cut down. Has anyone had the shaft cut down on a DART putter? I'm trying to decide if I would be better off to get the 34" and have it cut down, or just go with the regular DART mallet which comes in 33".

I'm in the market for a putter and after hitting several, I think I've decided to go with the DART mallet. I prefer the tour black, the only only problem is I need it to be 33" and they only offer the tour black in 34 and 35. I'm fairly new to the game and have never had a shaft cut down. Has anyone had the shaft cut down on a DART putter? I'm trying to decide if I would be better off to get the 34" and have it cut down, or just go with the regular DART mallet which comes in 33".

I use 33" putters too and most of the time GG doesn't have them. I have them cut down all the time. You might lose the grip but that's it. No issues at all with cutting an inch off. And sometimes they can save the stock grip.

Plus the inclusion of the interchangeable weights cam help if you need to adjust the weight at all.

the darts are sticking around, as i was told by a Callaway rep today but some "new" alignment aid will be coming to Odyssey this next year.

the darts are sticking around, as i was told by a Callaway rep today but some "new" alignment aid will be coming to Odyssey this next year.

Probably some sort of hybrid ghost, two ball, dart technology thing.

I've been gaming an old Nike Blue Chip OZ T100 mallet for sometime now, I think I got it in 2004. Every time I try a DART I get that "OMG! WANT!" feeling. That new special edition might put me over the top ... once it goes on sale! :drool:

That's funny, I'm still gaming the same ol' Nike Blue Chip Oz mallet as well! And I have the same reaction when I try out the DART. It's more than I want to spend, but I think I may go ahead and bite this weekend on one.

It does make me wonder though, if many of the pros on tour are rolling putters shorter than 34", why wouldn't they offer the tour black in 33"? I guess I don't understand why the regular DART mallet comes in 33" but the tour black doesn't?

Last edited:
Also in the same boat have been looking at the DART for a while and have demoed it like it very much but dont know if it is worth the $$$$

Has anyone hit these side by side with the original DART mallet? For me, I've noticed the tour black is easier to align at setup. However, what I prefer with the original is that my peripheral vision picks up the white center line easier during the swing and I seem to hit the sweet spot consistently. With the tour black and the added white, I have a harder time focusing on the center alignment as it doesn't stand out like it does when striking the ball with the original. Does this make sense at all or am I just crazy? :dont-know:

I agree 100%! Id take the Tour Black just because of how much essier it was to visualize the line. But like you said, the original DART has its advantages too. Either way, the DARTis hands down the easiest putter to line, imo.

Has anyone hit these side by side with the original DART mallet? For me, I've noticed the tour black is easier to align at setup. However, what I prefer with the original is that my peripheral vision picks up the white center line easier during the swing and I seem to hit the sweet spot consistently. With the tour black and the added white, I have a harder time focusing on the center alignment as it doesn't stand out like it does when striking the ball with the original. Does this make sense at all or am I just crazy? :dont-know:

Agreed, I just have to make my mind up on which one I'm going to go with. I wish I had the chance to try them both on a real putting green. I went to GG today with the full intent of coming home with the tour black. But they had a 33" original on hand and I felt I was striking it better than the tour black. However, I'm not sure if it's because of what I described where I was hitting the sweet spot more consistently, or if it's because it was the right length for me which also caused me to make a more consistent stroke.

Last edited:
Man, that's a tough call. Choosing putters is probably the hardest decision I had to make. Having the right length definitely makes a difference. Do they offer a free putter fitting at GG? I know they used too at times. Might be something to look at in conjunction with your purchase.

Agreed, I just have to make my mind up on which one I'm going to go with. I wish I had the chance to try them both on a real putting green. I went to GG today with the full intent of coming home with the tour black. But they had a 33" original on hand and I felt I was striking it better than the tour black. However, I'm not sure if it's because of what I described where I was hitting the sweet spot more consistently, or if it's because it was the right length for me which also caused me to make a more consistent stroke.

I decided to go with the tour black, mainly because of what you mentioned with being able to visualize the line better. It's hard to tell with the fake putting surfaces in the store, but I think it will definitely make a difference on a real putting green. GG's putter fitting is about $20 I think. I ended up getting one on the bay for $150 from an authorized Callaway dealer. I'm hoping I get it before Thursday this week so I can get it cut down while I'm up by Golfsmith. I signed up for Thursday for the free 30 min. GolfTec swing analysis that's in the contest thread. It's about a 45 min. drive for me to the nearest GS or GG so it would be nice to get it all done in the same trip!

Nice! Post some pictures when you get it in. Curious if the Tour Black also includes the weight kit. I love having that option if I were to cut mine down.

I decided to go with the tour black, mainly because of what you mentioned with being able to visualize the line better. It's hard to tell with the fake putting surfaces in the store, but I think it will definitely make a difference on a real putting green. GG's putter fitting is about $20 I think. I ended up getting one on the bay for $150 from an authorized Callaway dealer. I'm hoping I get it before Thursday this week so I can get it cut down while I'm up by Golfsmith. I signed up for Thursday for the free 30 min. GolfTec swing analysis that's in the contest thread. It's about a 45 min. drive for me to the nearest GS or GG so it would be nice to get it all done in the same trip!

Back