Rules on white belts

According to Paul Azinger no one should ever wear them. I believe he said anyone caught wearing a white belt should have it taken and be spanked with it while being told "this hurts me more than it hurts you."

Personally I kind of like them with bright gear :)

I only wear my white belt with my black or gray pants. It also looks really good with a white shirt.

I have a woman. I don't have to worry about how I look. That's for single people.

I have a woman. I don't have to worry about how I look. That's for single people.

I do to but have this nagging habit of wanting to look nice & put together. You never know who you are going to meet on the course.

White shoes I wear a white belt, black shoes I wear a black belt.

I go white belt if I have lots of color on and colored/white shoes. Black with black shoes.

Once our waists reach a certain size, white belts just make us look like beach balls.

That's what she told me last night :bulgy-eyes:.

What about men in their early 30's and chunky?

You're a beach ball too Matt :D jk I think younger guys can get away with a little chunk in the trunk. Us older guys don't get to wear all the cool stuff any more :at-wits-end:

I fail at fashion. There won't be any white belts for me, unless someone at Callaway tells me to wear it for the MC.

You're a beach ball too Matt :D jk I think younger guys can get away with a little chunk in the trunk. Us older guys don't get to wear all the cool stuff any more :at-wits-end:

Hey, I resemble that remark! I guess I need to hit the gym.

I fail at fashion. There won't be any white belts for me, unless someone at Callaway tells me to wear it for the MC.

Work & suits, i'm all over it but this golf stuff is like a foreign language.

Hey, I resemble that remark! I guess I need to hit the gym.

haha I hear ya buddy! I think the biggest thing is age related IMO.

I like the white belt with white, black, or gray slacks and shorts. I'll save the khakis for black or brown belt. I will wear the white belt with khaki shorts as I'm not a fan of black or brown shoes with shorts. Not really a fashion rule there, more of a personal preference.

As others have said, ALWAYS match the belt to the shoes and preferably the hat also.

I have 3 belts in my golf wardrobe and they're all white. The white belt goes with any color, especially khaki, contrary to what everyone else is saying. It doesn't really have to match the hat. I can't say much for shoes as all I wear are white shoes. Might look funny with black or brown shoes. Who cares anyway, wear whatever you want and don't worry about what anyone else thinks. Look at Rickie Fowler, he looks like a prison inmate on Sundays but I love it... it's original. Golf is about having fun so you might as well dress fun.

Just make sure you dress like Rodney Dangerfield on the course and you are guaranteed to be the only fashion success in the 4 ball.

Wearing a white belt is like wearing white socks with a suit

KellyBo told me, "old men with fat bellies are prohibited from wearing them". :bulgy-eyes: That's about all I got to say about this.

That's my rule too OG....LOL

According to Rickie Fowler: Match the belt with the shoes. That goes for all belts.

It's my personal philosophy to always dress in an opposite manner of Fowler.

You know what Paul Azinger says about white belts........

"A player wearing white belt should have it removed, be beaten with it while being told this hurts me more than it hurts U" :beat-up:

It's my personal philosophy to always dress in an opposite manner of Fowler.

Exactly. Good on you Wake.

I fail to see why any sane person would take much notice of how to dress on a golf course from someone(Mr Fowler) who looks as if he got dressed in the dark.

Wear what the hell you like, not what others wear. That is what I do, but then again I may just be an old fart with no idea.

In everything, not just golf, you should try to match your belt to your shoes. Personally I wouldn't wear a white belt with white or light colored pants.

I would never wear a white belt without white shoes but I also still wear dr martins from like 2003 so take that for what its worth.

old me with fat bellies are prohibited from wearing them, unless they are wearing cargo jorts or loudmouth shorts. :angel:

This is my rule! :act-up: I'm a plumper and dark belts just don't look good with some of my loudmouth shorts. I figure with the crazy pattern of the shorts people's eyes aren't drawn to my waistline! :banana:

EDIT: Forgot my Avi picture shows me in a white belt with non-loudmouth shorts. GUILTY........

This is my rule! :act-up: I'm a plumper and dark belts just don't look good with some of my loudmouth shorts. I figure with the crazy pattern of the shorts people's eyes aren't drawn to my waistline! :banana:

EDIT: Forgot my Avi picture shows me in a white belt with non-loudmouth shorts. GUILTY........

You're da man! Heck, I never thought about what color belt to wear with loudmouth shorts. I'll be sporting a pair in Orlanda come May :bulgy-eyes:.

White belts should be worn with white shoes. Color of pants, shirts makes no difference.

Back