Golfing without a glove

I played with out a glove for many years, and most of my college career. When i went back to wearing a glove I was able to feel what my hands were doing at impact. I don't know if its something I've become more informed and payed attention to or if not wearing a glove for so many years has helped me now being about to feel and control them better.

Tapatalk... Loved by me hated by the wife.

Glove all the time for me with the exception of putting.

Glove all the time. even putting.

I use a glove all the time, even for putting, but I do take it off traveling between holes when its hot to let my hands cool off.

Never have played with a glove and never will.

I have to wear a glove with my sweaty hands. The other day, I was in the yard swinging my dad's club, and I threw it over a fence into the neighbor's yard. And they have brand new grips on them. This was the first and last time I will ever take a full swing without a glove on.

This. Sweaty hands makes it impossible for me to not use a glove. I wear mine on everything cept putting. Use to carry a rosin bag in my golf bag to dry up the moisture on my right hand to get good grip.

Two gloves...all the time...even putting/chipping. Only take them off to shake hands after the round.

I don't wear a glove for chipping or putting.

Tapatalk... Loved by me hated by the wife.

I go a few weeks of wearing a glove and then not. I would prefer not wearing one but find myself having to if it's humid outside.

I have done this the whole summer and won't go back till the fall. I just use my towel to keep the hands dry

Ive tried to go glove-less, as I feel that I swing better without it, but after 2 holes, I can barely grip the club good enough to keep myself from throwing it.

I usually have to switch between gloves to let them dry out...

Alright, I'm sure this has been discussed numerous times on this board but I haven't found anything recently.

So, it was ungodly hot today. The heat index was 100+. I was striking the ball well for the first five holes but felt like I had no control. Honestly, I wasn't really sweating badly or anything but I just had no feel with my clubs.

I then took my glove off. Now, I normally don't wear my glove from about 100 yards and in but I took it off for everything - drives, hybrids, long irons, etc. I was hitting the ball as well as I ever have. I was crushing my 5 wood and hitting my long irons as well as I possibly could. I just felt like I had great control over my shots without a glove on - driver included.

Does anyone here not golf with a glove? I shot my career best round today without a glove and am seriously considering playing without one for the near future. I'd love to hear what other people think about using a glove.

I haven't played with a glove for many years. Never seemed to help my game, so it was just money wasted. Played last weekend in a 36 hole tournament, took 2nd in my flight, temps pushing 100 both days, and shot my best rounds in a month and half.

No glove for me anymore.

I never wear a glove....I tried because everyone else did but found that it would turn black from sweating inside it. I switched to Golf Pride BCT grips and found I don't need one no matter hot humid it is (like today). In fact I seem to be able to draw a ball when I did put a glove on with these grips? I guess because of the amount of grip I don't know

Personally, Wearing glove allows me the confidence to loosen my grip pressure which i turns improves my release and club head speed. (Loose is fast). I do however remove it for putting, chipping and pitching. Without the glove, around the green when grip isn't my top concern, I prefer no glove as it allows me to "feel" the club more.

I never take my glove off. One I am prone to sweaty hands and secondly I am just used to it now and it feels strange without it.

Always wear a glove. There's a reason 99% of the tour wears them, and it's not advertising. They help you keep a better grip on the club.

Oh and I don't wear it for chipping or putting. Fairly normal, better feel.

i dont think i could play a round without a glove tbh

Glove for me on all shots apart from putting and chips around the green.

After reading over this thread, I noticed a lot of people saying they go gloveless when using their wedges. I decided to see if it worked for me. Definitely felt like I had more feel/control using my wedges w/o a glove, as I had some pretty amazing up and downs to save par today.

Always love picking up a new tip/tweak from THP!

I haven't worn a glove in at least 10 years. And I play many rounds in heat, humidity, rain, etc.

I do not use gloves when I golf. However, I played yesterday and today in a tournament and the heat index was over 100. I considered using one late in yesterdays round because I thought the club turned in my hands a few times on full swings. I didn't put it on because I was having a great day. Today I got some out to keep in the cart but I focused on keeping my hands dry and never used them. Good news is my team won the 2 day Pot of Silver.

Glove for everything apart from putting...might try pitching and chipping without having read some of the comments

Back