UST Mamiya Shaft Spectacular - FREE Event Summary

Nate

My Friends Call Me Big Time
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Now that we've had 2 of the 6 scheduled UST Shaft Spectacular events completed I thought it was appropriate to take a snap shot at what's taken place thus far and give the rest of the participants for months 3-6 a place to come and update (after the live threads of course) when it's all said and done. A one stop summary of all the UST Mamiya goodness that takes place till July 2016!

Through 2 UST Mamiya events so far they have provided the participants with:

11 Elements driver shafts (2 custom made to design with freedom)
6 Sets of Recoils for irons and wedges
1 Set of 2 Recoil 680 Wedge Shafts
1 Set of 2 Recoil Wedge Protos
5 Elements and Recoil shafts for FW woods
2 UST FF Putter Shaft
6 Irod hybrid shafts
4 Callaway XR16 drivers
4 Cobra F6 drivers
4 Cobra F6 hybrids
4 Miura wedges
4 Cobra King wedges
2 Odyssey Toe Up Putters
1 Callaway Big Bertha iron and hybrid set (thanks #cookie!)
16 UST Mamiya hats
8 UST Mamiya shirts
8 Dozen Krispy Kreme donuts
4 Texas BBQ lunches
4 Texas TexMex dinners
4 Rounds of golf at top DFW courses (Stonebriar, Tribute, Stonebridge & Timarron)
8 Fittings on TrackMan
2 pre round breakfast
4 drinks provided during round
2 Post round lunch

AND 2 Custom UST Mamiya THP Element driver shafts! Not to mention the Danny Le experience where no one will be left behind!

And this didn't cost any of the 8 participants a cent! FREE!!!!! Could June or July include you??!! Take a chance and get on board the UST Mamiya train that is headed for Golf Improvement Land!

February Live Update Thread

March Live Update Thread

April Live Update Thread

May Live Update Thread

cc17685368dd5d623995a33e9befaaf6.jpg

4c32f48d9c971fe46a3d7b00709f6ab7.jpg

08cdcbc309300df0214789330c7b77c9.jpg

IMG_1222_zpsvy3ktmb5.jpg

286fc26d2db0ca3bc26131284794343c.jpg

DSC_7592%20%282%29-S.jpg

3a7d5ada0817d4f1858ae408b7d28ff6.jpg

cb9215c632bc4c68c6fa4c3a4cf104bd.jpg

Last edited:
This has been insanely fun to follow along to as well. UST are hooking the participants up and it's fun to watch. Nate that custom driver shaft is sweet!

I'm sure it was an incredible experience that we would all love to be part of if we're lucky enough!!! Following along was great but not like the real thing!!

Great idea. I can't even begin to fathom what it was like to be a part of these two events. The live feeds and updates did just that however.

This has seriously been a blast to follow along with. UST is seriously raising the bar, and its so much more than the free stuff. The knowledge that they're sharing to all of us through THP is HUGE, and the care they're taking to make sure all of this free equipment is fit properly (as the rest of us get to watch) is where the real value of an event like this comes from. I'm a huge fan of what THP has done with UST on this event!

OK Mr. Salesman :alien:

In all seriousness, I am really hoping hard that I make it in for May, June, or July. Looked soooooo sick following along!

Nate! Thanks for the update recap thread. It makes it way easier to follow! Have you continued hitting 86% fairways since Stonebriar?

OK Mr. Salesman :alien:

In all seriousness, I am really hoping hard that I make it in for May, June, or July. Looked soooooo sick following along!

I know, I know, but Danny Le, Lindsay and the UST staff are busting their humps to make these events different and special at the same time providing the participants with equipment that will improve their games. Heck, Danny even went above and beyond in helping me get all the shafts installed correctly. 6 live update threads will be out there so figured why not have one that gives a quick summary. I think by the end of the 6 months it is going to be quite staggering.

Nate! Thanks for the update recap thread. It makes it way easier to follow! Have you continued hitting 86% fairways since Stonebriar?

After 2 rounds I was 24 of 27. My last round I was 5 of 9 but 2 of them were short cuts I tried to take, hit my line but ended up in the rough or trees. Not really the fault of the equipment there!

I know, I know, but Danny Le, Lindsay and the UST staff are busting their humps to make these events different and special at the same time providing the participants with equipment that will improve their games. Heck, Danny even went above and beyond in helping me get all the shafts installed correctly. 6 live update threads will be out there so figured why not have one that gives a quick summary. I think by the end of the 6 months it is going to be quite staggering.

After 2 rounds I was 24 of 27. My last round I was 5 of 9 but 2 of them were short cuts I tried to take, hit my line but ended up in the rough or trees. Not really the fault of the equipment there!

I'm just busting your balls man haha, totally agree, UST has been knocking it out of the freaking park with these events! I want in bad.

Wow, that is very impressive... Where you that accurate before? Or have the shafts made all the difference for you?

Wow, that is very impressive... Where you that accurate before? Or have the shafts made all the difference for you?

I think it's a little of both. That XR16 head, as you know, is just so much more forgiving and at the same time long long long! I went with the XS Platinum which I think has helped keep the XR head more stable through the swing but at the same time given me more distance and better dispersion (side spin killed me before).

Fantastic - what a summary of swag! MD441 should be all over this thread!:alien:

Seriously, this seems like such a great experience, anyone and everyone who wants to learn anything about shafts needs to get their entry in!!

The April event is just around the corner!!

Did someone say free?

Get outta here man!!!

Excited to see what the 3rd iteration of this event has occur for them, just insane what UST is doing for THP'ers!

UST and THP knocked this thing out of the park big time, hopefully I can get lucky and attend one of the few remaining, but has been a real joy to watch these from afar, so awesome all the way around, and so much knowledge to be learned.

This is truly incredible!

I love what UST is doing with these events. Their generosity has been incredible and I have really appreciated the opportunity to learn more about their products.

Crazy how much goodness THPers have received from UST and only have to pay for travel

Why would anyone want to do this? Sounds terrible.

See y'all at the May signups.

What I am enjoying most about following these events is that fact that each of the shafts are custom fit by some of the beat and that is so underrated in my opinion. I have always wanted to learn about what makes a good shaft for me.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Great thread Nate! Following along has been awesome and its freaking awesome that this entire thing is Free.

Really a cool event. Nothing else like this on the planet. Super cool to watch and follow along with. Thanks for the summary.

These events made me switch my driver shaft. They have been fun to follow and I hope for me it's game changing with the new shaft

Nice post, Nate!

I'll second all the good stuff he said about the event and UST!!! Danny and Lindsay are awesome, patient and fun!

:banana:FREE FREE FREE FREE FREE :banana:

It's incredible to see all the great things that have come from this event!

Back