Best Shot Of Your Round

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday afternoon I snuck out for a quick 9 Holes at Morro Bay. Had been thinking about tweaking my grip and setup, once I did things fell into place! Best shot was my second on a short dog leg left par 4. Had about 130 up the hill + the pin set back and wanted to stay under the pin to give myself essentially a straight uphill putt. I hit a smooth PW dead at it and when I got there I had about 4 feet. Rolled the birdie and received a compliment from the guy on the next tee box.

After some struggles with short irons, today I hit them a bit straighter. Number 3 is a par 4 that has a downhill shot to the green and was playing down wind today. I hit one of my better iron shots in several weeks, 147 yards, nine iron; felt good off the club, looked good all the way, way up in the air and came down right on the flag. It grazed the reflector on the flag, hit a couple of feet behind the hole then spun back to two feet in front of and left of the hole. Easy birdie. If it had missed the flag, could have been a two??? We will never know.

Did not play today, but yesterday in the tournament @ Myrtle Beach I pushed a drive and ended up on a mound with the ball lying about 2' above my feet. 187 yards out and needed to cut the ball from that stance. I told my playing partner that this was his hole as we were playing best ball. I hit my 4 hybrid to the front edge of the green with the perfect cut and the ball rolled to within 10 feet of the pin, unfortunately I missed the putt, but he proceeded to bogey the hole, so I saved us a stroke. It turned out to be a very important stroke as we won our flight by one stroke.

Did not play today, but yesterday in the tournament @ Myrtle Beach I pushed a drive and ended up on a mound with the ball lying about 2' above my feet. 187 yards out and needed to cut the ball from that stance. I told my playing partner that this was his hole as we were playing best ball. I hit my 4 hybrid to the front edge of the green with the perfect cut and the ball rolled to within 10 feet of the pin, unfortunately I missed the putt, but he proceeded to bogey the hole, so I saved us a stroke. It turned out to be a very important stroke as we won our flight by one stroke.

Great shot! A cut from that stance is awesome.

Thanks Lefty, I told my partner there was just no way, I probably could not duplicate it with 50 tries.

Chipped in for birdie on a par 3, from about 5 yards off the green. Been a little while since I've chipped in, always nice watching those fall.

Nothing too exciting today, hit fairways well, not particularly long off the tee. But on the 415 yard, Par 4 #18, crushed my tee shot leaving me with a little over 100 yards to the center of the green.

best shot for me today, hole 17 which is a par 5, my third shot landed 92 yards from the pin. Itook my pitching wedge and took an easy swing and made a great connection and it went up in the air and headed towards the pin and hit the pin and dropped in the hole for a birdie. Great feeling it was and shame i made a mess of the 18th which was a par 3 and i took a 7 after landing in the bunker. Golf gives you a high one minute then its straight back down with a thud.

Par 3 3rd hole i hit a knock down PW shot from 130 it landed about 15ft past the hole and spun back to about 3ft. Par 3 8th hole i hit a 7 iron from 175 with a nice draw and it landed about 3 inches left of the hole and ended up about a ft away for another birdie.

Nothing stands out for me. I hit driver fairly well today, hitting 9 straight fairways at one point. That is until 18 when I blocked 3 straight into the woods. SHOOT ME!

I was playing in a texas scramble open today with three good friends. 14th hole - 2nd shot was 145 yards to the pin slightly uphill with the wind helping a touch from the left. Hit a sweet 9 iron with a slight fade, bounced once, hit the pin and stopped 2 feet away - it felt great! Haven't done that for a long time!!! (Oh and I holed the putt too :) !! )

Thinking about my round yesterday I actually did have some decent shots eventhough I scored so poorly. I chipped one in to save par on a hole. I also hit a real nice 5I to a downhill green that I couldn't see that hopped and stopped about 15 feet from the pin.

Side hill lie on the edge of a bunker in the rough, ball below my feet about 6 inches and a tree blocking the direct angle to the green. I hit a 8 iron with a slight cut onto the green. Best shot of my day

Is there a worst shot thread? Cause the one where I snapped my PW at the hosel by hitting a root I couldn't see was it.

Took a while to get the broken bit of shaft out after I got home. I didn't have much shaft left to try and pull it out, so after heating it up I ended up drilling it out and cleaning it up. Now I wait for a replacement shaft. I'll be PW-less when I play this week.

Actually, there is!

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?21382-Worst-Shot-of-Your-Round&highlight=worst

Par 5--Pin high in the fringe in 3. The pin was on top of a ridge that ran from front to back. I didn't want to leave it short so I gave it a little extra. It ran over the ridge to the other side fringe. Good news is I drained the par putt coming back. Good thing because it probably would have gone off the other side again.

The last hole I played today before the round was canceled due to lightning was a par 3 playing 163. I pulled an 8 iron and it hit about 3 feet short of the hole rolled over the hole and popped up in the air and stopped about an inch on the other side of the hole. That was the closest I've gotten to an ace.

On a short par-4, I found a fairway bunker off of the tee. I had about 65 yards to go to the pin, ball a little below my feet, and the pin was tucked behind another bunker. I decided to hit a 3/4 lob wedge and clipped it right off the top of the sand, the ball landed 5 feet from the pin and spun back a couple of feet. I went up and knocked the putt in for birdie, set up by a great shot out of that fairway bunker.

On a short par-4, I found a fairway bunker off of the tee. I had about 65 yards to go to the pin, ball a little below my feet, and the pin was tucked behind another bunker. I decided to hit a 3/4 lob wedge and clipped it right off the top of the sand, the ball landed 5 feet from the pin and spun back a couple of feet. I went up and knocked the putt in for birdie, set up by a great shot out of that fairway bunker.

65 yard bunker shot is very impressive to even hit the green, much less be close enough to make the putt. The long bunker shot is the one the pros say they absolutely hate, nice going dolphin.

65 yard bunker shot is very impressive to even hit the green, much less be close enough to make the putt. The long bunker shot is the one the pros say they absolutely hate, nice going dolphin.

Thanks DawgDaddy, it was actually far enough back to where I could take a regular fairway bunker swing at it at 3/4 length and hit the ball first instead of trying to hit down into the sand. Like many other people, I hate the 25-40 yard bunker shots.

Thinking about my round yesterday I actually did have some decent shots eventhough I scored so poorly. I chipped one in to save par on a hole. I also hit a real nice 5I to a downhill green that I couldn't see that hopped and stopped about 15 feet from the pin.

What did you shoot?

**I workabilitied that post using Tapatalk**

Pretty poor round all in all, yet I had a couple of just great shots out of the blue. On a long par 5 my drive was a bit too far left on a sever slope, way above my feet. Not sure how it kept from rolling to the bottom as it was on dirt with a couple of grass clumps. I hit my 3w absolutely perfect with a nice draw and long. Didn't get to the green from there, but possibly the longest 3w shot I've ever hit and off a horrid spot.

On the hole prior to that my second shot to the green was pin high left of the green and short sided well below the raised green. I pulled off a beautiful flop that saved par.

My best shot was a down hill snake put for birdie on a 135 yard par three

My best shot was a down hill snake put for birdie on a 135 yard par three

At first glance I thought that said a 135 yard putt. That would definitely be a best shot of the round!

Had an amazing drive on slight downhill straight at the pin 380yd Par 4. Hit my new Octane perfect with a Gary Player walk off swing and drove my tour i 322 yards. By far the longest drive of my life. Before that my big drives were around 270. Had to check the shot tracker twice and then went and looked at the closest sprinkler head which was a few yards behind me. It read 62. Best part was I followed up with a nice shot with my wedge and tapped in for a birdie, woo hoo!!!

What did you shoot?

**I workabilitied that post using Tapatalk**

93. I must have lost 6 balls at least. It was bad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back