Reaction score
Handicap
Both my wedges are in this shape
aeffd00e-308a-802c.jpg
aeffd00e-3099-e5c0.jpg
aeffd00e-30a8-635d.jpg

I tapatalk better then I tapaputt

as long as the grooves are still good i see no reason to replace it

grooves look fine to me in those pics. No need to replace unless you really want too

I just hate how they are so beat up looking

Those grooves still have a lot of life in them. And if you ever feel like they're not sharp enough, you can buy a great groove sharpener for $20. I used one on an old wedge, and managed to get the ball to stop almost as well as my Vokeys

Those grooves still have a lot of life in them. And if you ever feel like they're not sharp enough, you can buy a great groove sharpener for $20. I used one on an old wedge, and managed to get the ball to stop almost as well as my Vokeys

I had the same experience with a groove sharpener. Good option

I wish mine looked that good my are beat up pretty good, but still stop the ball good.

All wedges are going to look beat up with use. Shouldn't affect the way they play.

Matt - There is nothing wrong with those wedges unless you just got the itch to buy some new ones. There may be something on the market that will give you more confidence and help you play better. If that is the issue, we all are guilty of looking for the best clubs etc. You are the man with the money so do what makes ya happy.

Unless you've noticed a drop in performance with them, I'd say keep them around because you are used to them. Don't bother spending the money on new ones.

They look like they have a lot of golf left in them.

I just hate how they are so beat up looking

Then buy a new set...and replace them in two months when they look beat up. They are wedges. They are gonna get beat. They are forged wedges...they are gonna get beat worse. Serious golfers play wedges with "character"!

Yeah, those are really too beat up to use. Get yourself some new ones.

BTW, I'll give $20 scrap price on those! LOL!

J/K my friend. Those mizzies have a ton of play left in them. Heck I see no discoloration on the face, hardly any scratches at all and the only place they do look beat up is on the sole and if a mizuno wedge is not scratched up there, it is not being used!

They might have a lot of life left but if your not feeling them You might have to change them. Mental just might be as important.

I actually tend to go the other way with my wedges, I want to hold on to them too long because they seem like an old friend and I know what they will do. When they stop biting it takes me a while to decide on what to replace them with.

Thanks Guys. I'm gona keep them, I need to stop changing equipment so much

I actually tend to go the other way with my wedges, I want to hold on to them too long because they seem like an old friend and I know what they will do. When they stop biting it takes me a while to decide on what to replace them with.
I know what you mean DD, I just recently replaced my wedge set and it was tough. On the other hand, I did resurrect an old 60* Cleveland that I had put away about 2 years ago. Forgot how much I loved that one!

I'm sure cosmetically they don't look all that great but the groves look ok. As along as you are getting the spin you need keep them and i agree with sharpening them.

---
- Tapatalk... Loved by me hated by the wife.

They spin good for me

Back