The one hop and stop pitch shot

tequila4kapp

Tom Watson called to say “Hi”
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
USGA 13.5
I'd like to add this to the arsenal but don't know how to do it, Freddie. Can you walk me through the set up and swing? Thanks.

Here's a video using Trackman to act as a guide to help out with the 50 yard pitch shot.

Here's a video using Trackman to act as a guide to help out with the 50 yard pitch shot.

As a gearhead and a number hound, I freaking loved this video.

Nice vid Paladin, it certainly gives some good food for thought.

Thanks for the share

And now I'll spend all morning watching trackman youtube videos. Thanks Paladin.

i think -crw- posted a video like this awhile back, but maybe it was a different one

i would think it would take a lot of practice to completely switch methods. but it's interesting and something i would like to implement. personally, i like the idea of cutting my wedges rather than drawing them because i always thought that meant more spin and stopping power. interesting to hear that it's actually the opposite.

Mike Bender teaches his guys to play this shot off there back foot, open stance, and to swing out to the right. This produces tight low draws.

Zach Johnson spins his lw at something like 12000 rpm using this technique.

Love this video! Most of the courses around my area are short leave you with a 50-70 yard approach shots with a 260-280 yard tee shot. Incorporating a shot like this in your game can be deadly to your fellow competitors. Thanks for the post!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Ok, the one hop and stop is now doable. Now getting it to one hop and stop in the right place is the issue! Great video!

Appreciate the above video with Rice.

Rice's lesson is spot on with a pitching lesson I had last month with my instructor - both wanted similar Trackman numbers and taught similar technique. They must talk. lol.

Great video. I learned so much there thst will help me in my practice to #Own125

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Awesome video. Makes sense now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great video paladin!

Great video! Thanks paladin!

As a gearhead and a number hound, I freaking loved this video.

I think the numbers really help to drive the instruction. At least for me, I think it helps to see what we're shooting for (no pun intended)

Sure wish I had a trackman to practice with...

Mike Bender teaches his guys to play this shot off there back foot, open stance, and to swing out to the right. This produces tight low draws.

Zach Johnson spins his lw at something like 12000 rpm using this technique.

Makes sense to me - that stance would help shallow out the swing & help with the draw

Thats an interesting video. Ive never even thought about playing a bend on a shot like that. Not coincidentally, it is also the type of shot that I struggle with often. Need the range to open already so i can get to practicing

Here are Zach Johnson wedge numbers on trackman. Gives you an idea of the spin a tour player creates.

Zach trackman.jpg

I appreciate the video. I'd like to take a step back and cover the basics - setup, ball position, shaft lean?, wrist hinge or no wrist hinge, abbreviated follow through like a punch shot? Thanks!

Another video on this shot with Jordan Spieth when he was doing testing with Titleist and Trackman:

Great vid, thanks for sharing! I love the dragging the club through impact practice technique to get the feel for swinging out; works great!

Thank's, very good video.

Given my forum name, I feel compelled to thank the posters for the 2 excellent videos. :bashful:

Great vids. Makes sense to use the sand wedge rather than the lob in order to lower the trajectory and still have sufficient bounce.

Love it a new shot to work on

Back