Hearing Aids. Any THP'ers Use Them?

Sean

Earthbound Extraterrestrial
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
I've been putting this off for quite a while.. I had another hearing evaluation today and it's not good. Ugh.

Do any of you have hearing aids? If so, what kind?

Make sure you speak up if you reply to this post.

i've been putting this off for quite a while.. I had another hearing evaluation today and it's not good. Ugh.

Do any of you have hearing aids? If so, what kind?

make sure you speak up if you reply to this post.

I have gotten really good at watching the person i am speaking with actually talk. I can usually figure out what they are saying that way. I'm just too cheap to get a hearing aid.

Last edited:
My hearing is terrible. Turret lathes, high speed friction saws, and rock and roll ruined it. But I'm too young for a hearing aid. So I read lips, crank the TV, and say, "What?", a lot.

Kevin

My dad started wearing one in his 50's, so I may not be far from it. I think my hearing is pretty good though.

I don't wear headphones on a regular basis, and I don't crank the stereo in the car. I've never even had a kick ass stereo system when I was in my teens and twenties, and that makes a big difference.

OG has some hearing loss but hasn't gone so far as getting a hearing aid yet. I usually just send him a PM if I need to tell him something since he can't hear a word I say. :act-up:

OG has some hearing loss but hasn't gone so far as getting a hearing aid yet. I usually just send him a PM if I need to tell him something since he can't hear a word I say. :act-up:

Hell, Kelly, my wife Mary is in her mid 40s. She hasn't heard a word I've said for at 8 years. That's saying something, because I never shut up.

Kevin

I think all wives say that, lol. I know my child bride says it all the time.

I've worn them since I was 5 years old. My only suggestion is to find a person,who has been in business for many years,20+ or close to it. I feel the more experience the better the info you'll receive

My partner uses hearing aids because his hearing has gone by the wayside...it can be a bit frustrating, but they are the type that are barely noticeable when they are in. They can be pretty expensive.

Huh? :bulgy-eyes:

Some funny comments "hear". Haha! KB, I'll suggest my wife text or PM me. heehee

I've been putting it off for a few "ears". I know I'm frustrating people, and myself. And, it's getting worse. Everything is starting to sound muted.

i have tinnitus ... ive learned to live with it but some times its pretty annoying to have a constant ringing in your ears.

My partner said that he couldn't live without them. It may be a large investment, but it's worth it. For your sake and for everyone who knows you.

My partner said that he couldn't live without them. It may be a large investment, but it's worth it. For your sake and for everyone who knows you.
I was able to wear a set for about a half-hour today during the process. It made a huge difference Nate. I could hear sounds I haven't heard in a long time. When I took them off it was like I lost something.

I had a bad ATV accident going on 7 years ago, bonked my head pretty good and severed some nerves in my brain. Completely lost hearing in my left ear. I investigated hearing aids but they have to do these implants that are basically bone conduction sound processors and that would require me to have this big box attached to the side of my dome. If I had a gorgeous head of hair like The Breeze I'd do it...but with a bald melon like this it would stick out quite a bit. Plus I've learned to adapt pretty well. Busy/noisy environments suck really bad though.

I had a bad ATV accident going on 7 years ago, bonked my head pretty good and severed some nerves in my brain. Completely lost hearing in my left ear. I investigated hearing aids but they have to do these implants that are basically bone conduction sound processors and that would require me to have this big box attached to the side of my dome. If I had a gorgeous head of hair like The Breeze I'd do it...but with a bald melon like this it would stick out quite a bit. Plus I've learned to adapt pretty well. Busy/noisy environments suck really bad though.
Sorry to hear that P4B. I don't know though, you might look pretty cool as one of the Borg. :)

All kidding aside, I have a lot of trouble with busy noisy environments...even though I can't hear well all the sounds I do hear sound like a huge gaggle of noise I can't make any sense out of. lol

I am concerned about all these young people who pull up to stop lights and their bass is shaking your car it's turned up so much. I think they are going to have major problems down the road.

I am concerned about all these young people who pull up to stop lights and their bass is shaking your car it's turned up so much. I think they are going to have major problems down the road.

They will have problems. And if anyone truly likes music, they won't turn their bass up that loud - it will drown out the mids and trebles of whatever they are listening to. It's counterintuitive.

Been told I need them. I have tinnitus constant ringing kind of sux. Haven't set aside the time to explore the aid route. Good luck with your quest.

Even worse is those wearing headphones with the music loud enough that everyone in the room can hear it. And JN is right, turning up the bass is dumb. A good way to blow out your speakers.

i have tinnitus ... ive learned to live with it but some times its pretty annoying to have a constant ringing in your ears.

Been told I need them. I have tinnitus constant ringing kind of sux. Haven't set aside the time to explore the aid route. Good luck with quest.

Yea I have that constant ringing crap all the time. It is a sign of hearing loss and I wish there was a cure for tinnitus :banghead:

Yea I have that constant ringing crap all the time. It is a sign of hearing loss and I wish there was a cure for tinnitus :banghead:

yea its a pain in the ass for sure.. i know exactly what damaged my ears too was shooting guns without hearing protection when i was younger.

yea its a pain in the ass for sure.. i know exactly what damaged my ears too was shooting guns without hearing protection when i was younger.

I played in a rock & roll band when I was younger and served in Vietnam as a M60 machine gunner in 1971, so take your pick. Damage from both probably huh?

I had yellow fever as a child which killed a lot of my hearing. Left with 30% now so no doubt ill need a hearing aid one day. I've just learnt to actively listen and read peoples lips somewhat. Only sign of it I have is I apparently have a lisp as i was never able to learn how to pronounce s properly as that sound is hard for me to hear. Didn't stop me playing in a band or getting a job where verbal communication is important.
If I ever get to the point of needing a hearing aid I will but I can manage without one now.

Back