MO_Hacker

At the drag strip
Reaction score
Handicap
DragRacing
Has anyone taken lessons from GolfTec? I am thinking about it for this winter, just not sure about taking lessons and not seeing actual ball flight.

I know quite a few people that have gone with this approach and very much like it. It really is all about the teachers rather than where the lessons take place.

I probably should just go and check it out. After the way I played today I definetly need some help.

I keep threatening to do it as well, but I figure that for the cost of a set of lessons, I could have a good pro play a few rounds with me.

And maybe it's just me, but I get this creepy robo-swing vibe from them. :alien:

Still, some folks swear by the approach. You do have to be willing to get worse before you get better.

I keep threatening to do it as well, but I figure that for the cost of a set of lessons, I could have a good pro play a few rounds with me.

And maybe it's just me, but I get this creepy robo-swing vibe from them. :alien:

Still, some folks swear by the approach. You do have to be willing to get worse before you get better.

That's the part that could be a problem, I don't know how much worse I can get.:at-wits-end:

Hey Mo, if you do this let us know how you like it. I'd like to do it too; I can go to the one off 95th Street. I didn't even know there was any of them in town before you posted.

i'm thinking about doing this too. there's a new place down the road from us, The Green Room where they have fitters, teachers, and some very high tech training rooms. heck, they even have yoga?

Has anyone looked into the cost of this system? Their web site doesn't have any prices listed.

Hehehe shhhhhhhh Klaymon!

That's why I am having Mo do it first!
teu01.gif

Has anyone looked into the cost of this system? Their web site doesn't have any prices listed.

Last time I checked around here, it was north of $1,000 for the program. But that includes the New York Metro area premium. Probably cheaper in the heartland.

If it's anywhere close to that I know I won't be doing it!
310.gif

Better to spend $400 for semi-private lessons for the two of us come spring.

If it's anywhere close to that I know I won't be doing it!
310.gif

Better to spend $400 for semi-private lessons for the two of us come spring.

That was my thinking. I'd much rather have playing lessons out on the course, and $1,000 would cover a lot of those!

I'll check on the price and post it. If it is anywhere near a grand I'm not going to do it. I paid $40 (I think) for a half hour lesson with the pro at Shirkeys. I really want video based lessons, but not for that much.

$1,000 is pretty steep. There is a guy about 5 minutes from me that gives outdoor lessons with video for $60/hr.

$1,000 is pretty steep. There is a guy about 5 minutes from me that gives outdoor lessons with video for $60/hr.

Well, here's the site: http://www.golftec.com/

Hmmm... they used to have pricing on the site. I guess it scared people away.

Yeah, I've been to the site a few times looking it over and noticed there was no pricing. It's an interesting sounding program, but my wife would tell me to get bent if I asked for that kind of money for golf lessons.

I called and talked to GolfTec, he sent me an email outlining their program:beat-up:

Initial evaluation..................$165
3 month program.................$955
6 month program.................$1325
12 month program...............$1965
Maximum performance..........$2595

As much as I love playing the game, there is no way I'm paying that much for lessons. I wouldn't even try and justify that expense to my wife.:bicker:

Looks like it's up to you Smallville to let us know how it goes, I'm out.

Holy. Crap. Thanks for doing some legwork, Mo. I can assure you at those prices, I won't be participating.

Looks like it's up to you Smallville to let us know how it goes, I'm out.

Yeah, I'll get right on that! Looks like we'll be seeing Carl at Smiley's in the Spring!
653.gif

Have you checked out Robin Nigro's Golf Academy? I'm not sure but I think they have an indoor range.
Here's a link http://www.robinnigrogolf.com/?page=4746
I might check them out, she's got a pretty good story. I believe it said she made it to the final round of Q-school after only playing for 5 yrs.
How much are lessons at Smiley's?

My wife and I took semi-private lessons this year. The cost was $400 for six one-hour lessons. For 3 people it was $450, for 4 people it's $500. But any more than two people, I don't feel you get enough one on one time. That's why I won't take group lessons.

Robin Nigro's about 20 blocks south of Minor, where we play a lot anyway, so it's not out of the way. Do you know if they are related to the Nigros that own the western stores?

Last edited:
I don't know about the western store. Nigro's is a pretty good drive for me but during the winter it might be worth it. The prices don't seem too bad, compared to GolfTec they are giving lessons away.

I don't know anything about it either bulldog, but I'll ask around for you.

Back