What will be the next adjustable club?

Lynchburg14

Reaction score
Handicap
With golf clubs becoming more advanced and now being able to change lofts on clubs I ask what is next. Is it possible to have adjusatbles irons, hybrids, woods? I could see it maybe one day having a club that adjust lofts between say a AW,PW,9I 8I,7I,6I etc. Hybrids that can go from different degrees and woods that can do the same. Anyone else think this will ever happen?

Odyssey is coming out with the flip face putter. 2 different faces. That could take off

Taylormade, Nike, and Titleist have had adjustable hybrids and woods for a while now.

I know some companies have adjustable woods and stuff but will they be able to make a club that can be adjusted into say three different clubs. So instead of carrying say pw-5iron (6clubs) or will you be able to carry 2 clubs and just adjust them as needed.

I saw an adjustable Scotty Cameron putter...you can make it different lengths.

No, I don't think that will happen unless the rules suddenly change. Simply put you can't change the playing characteristics during a stipulated round - putters included.

They have had irons that change lofts to have one club be all you need, but not in a long time.

With variable length and at some point adjustable lie technology you could see off the shelf clubs be adjustable for length and lie without a custom order or bending. That is where I think adjustability is headed. Also interchangeable shafts on irons, so you can easily put any shaft into any iron without epoxy.

With variable length and at some point adjustable lie technology you could see off the shelf clubs be adjustable for length and lie without a custom order or bending. That is where I think adjustability is headed. Also interchangeable shafts on irons, so you can easily put any shaft into any iron without epoxy.

This is what I more less thinking as well. Not sure I need any of this as I don't yet own any adjustable clubs, but you never know. I still wonder though if some people screw themselves up more by not knowing when to leave something as it is. We tend to over think at times and I still see some not being able to stop themselves from making so many changes that they end up not knowing which end is up.

Odyssey is coming out with the flip face putter. 2 different faces. That could take off

STX golf has a couple of putters with 3 adjustable faces. They roll really nice also.

I personally think (and hope) its irons, being able to switch out shafts without all the clubwork would be amazing!!!

While I find the Odyssey putter that is coming out interesting, do you think its likely that it will be popular?

I personally think (and hope) its irons, being able to switch out shafts without all the clubwork would be amazing!!!

Agree'd anyone who has performed this task I'm pretty sure will agree.

Once you're fitted into a shaft, say KBS C-Taper, why would you need to switch? You don't need graphite and you hit the same iron shots every time, and the lofts don't really need to be changed after a fitting, so what would be the point? Reshafting every couple years is not really a big deal is it?

Once you're fitted into a shaft, say KBS C-Taper, why would you need to switch? You don't need graphite and you hit the same iron shots every time, and the lofts don't really need to be changed after a fitting, so what would be the point? Reshafting every couple years is not really a big deal is it?
Dude, people are having fun with the speculating, no need to dissect people's ideas.

Did you ever think about swing changes, wanting a different ball flight/spin characteristics, what does graphite have to do with this, nobody said anytything about graphite. Also you dont hit the same iron shot every time, every shot is different. There is no standard saying you need to reshaft every couple years. Also what if you switched club heads? If there was a system that could use the same tip for multiple OEM club heads it would be huge. Also what about feel, every shaft has a different feel, what if you had a different shaft that gave you the SAME results but felt better to ya, instead of paying $$$ or doing all the work your self it would be a easy switch.

Good point, but as with club technology, shaft technology changes yearly. I could see this happening.

Did you ever think about swing changes, wanting a different ball flight/spin characteristics, what does graphite have to do with this, nobody said anytything about graphite. Also you dont hit the same iron shot every time, every shot is different. There is no standard saying you need to reshaft every couple years. Also what if you switched club heads? If there was a system that could use the same tip for multiple OEM club heads it would be huge. Also what about feel, every shaft has a different feel, what if you had a different shaft that gave you the SAME results but felt better to ya, instead of paying $$$ or doing all the work your self it would be a easy switch.

Might be the most legit answer I have ever read.

While I find the Odyssey putter that is coming out interesting, do you think its likely that it will be popular?

I don't think it will be a hit. But it might lead to other things.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

ajustable irons

As far as I know illegal to adjust during a round but not to have the option.

I think it will be an adjustable putter. Face angle, weights, loft, the whole bit.

Doesn't Edel do that already?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

Back