Nike Split Backs...Victory Reds

scooterguitar

Slacker and Whiner
Reaction score
Handicap
3-8perhole
...on the way...next week!

Scooter is my idol

the victory reds are pretty flashy irons... I love all types of blades! They are simply amazing!

Oops, I mean I am getting the split cavities, not the blades!

thats ok scooter, still looking forward to a review and possibly some pics...

ya i would definately like a review. i am good friends with a nike rep in my state and i was thinking of getting him to cut me a good deal on a set composed of 3-5 splits, and 6-pw blades. let me know how you like them

Got them! Feel really, really good!

I hate you scooter. You get all of the new stuff. :sad:

You are my club ho'ing idol :smile:

Scooter,
Look for our review to be up within a few days. We have had 4 players play a round with them and all four really like them. Blade feel with more forgiveness.

I hate you scooter. You get all of the new stuff. :sad:

You are my club ho'ing idol :smile:

Thank you kindly.
I was swinging horrible, in a hurry to get home, it was 40 degrees outside with hard cold range balls, but the clubs felt wonderful on good hits. I was killing the ball with a little halfswing.

I need more time, but the butter aspect was present, moreso than many other forged offerings I've tried.

If I hadn't have gotten my ZB's then I probably would have get a combo of the Splits and the Blades. The looked great from all the pictures, and I like the previous Nike blade.

I had a set of the ast blades, just couldn't hit the longs every day. The new blades appear a little beefier than the old model, but not sure w/o direct comparison.
They look really good though.
These splits setup nice in the wedge and low i's, so I don't feel like I'm staring down a honker GI iron at all.

i agree with you that the vr blades look a little bit bigger, but then again, tiger was pretty much the driving force behind the design. i'm sure all the features of the club are things that tiger approves of haha

Well, after some real golf...I'm not gelling with the short irons, though I am really liking the long irons. They feel great overall, but something just isn't happening for me.
Looks like it is onto the Ping S57's if I can sell these:>)

Scooter,
I am convinced that if you could overlook a thick topline, a GI club might suit you better.

But if you cant you can try some other options. The Nickent 4DX Pro for instance is a great club according to reviews. I will hopefully get to try mine soon. Or you can try Dimension Z. That way they can completely customize a set for you.

That's the thing, I can't get used to the bigger topline. I am too hard to please, looking for perfection.
I've owned and played the 59's, 58's, and love them both, so the 57's are the next logical step for me. I like various aspects on numerous clubs, and then don't like some things...the S series Pings have been the most consistent for me in what I want and need.

I have hit and like the Burner Tour irons, bigger, but not huge, would be playable for me if I could swap out the pm. Maybe down the road, but the S57's are looking good.

If you like many things but dislike some...I think you are a perfect candidate for custom clubs. I think you should really look at a company like Dimension Z. There stuff is legit!!!!!

Will do.

Wanted to update...Just hit the VR's again, they are growing on me:>)

Good to hear. They still have not left my bag and I hit them again this afternoon. Only played 9 holes but man they felt great.

Another update...gone!
Hit my other new irons today (R7 Japan issue forged) and once again, less spraying, and just overall better playing, though the feel factor isn't as nice. So I swapped them off.
I still will highly recommend them to anyone seeking a forgiving forged player's iron. Much more forgiving than the MP57's I played all summer.
In the end, whether it was the shaft or me, just didn't work out for me. I imagine I'll try a set of the bladed next summer when they are going used.

Back