marking your ball for putting

penetrater

Reaction score
Handicap
do most of you just use the markings that are allready one the ball or do you use some device to mark a spot then draw a line ?
the only thing i have is a plastic container with saltwater in it that i got from GG , was on sale for like a dollar. you drop your ball in it ,let it settle then hit the top of the ball with a marker, use the line maker, and draw a line thru teh dot. kina messy and takes time.

just wondering what everyone does.

I draw a straight line somewhere on the ball.

Sent from someone else's iPhone using Tapatalk

Use a marker to draw a line away from the other markings. Covers approximately half of the ball via a line and line that up with my intended start path of the putt.

I used to use a line but didn't really find that it helped with anything so now I don't.

Just a straight line apx half way around the ball.

The only thing I will ever draw on a golf ball is putting (putting, PUN!) a red dot over the number. Most of the time I don;t use the line at all, but if I do, the line already on there works for me.

I use a line half way around the ball.

I just put the blank side of the ball up and use the sight line on the putter to line up the putts. Used to use the arrow on the ball but it got to distracting.

Seriously. Tappin'.

I use whatever writing or logo is on the ball.

I bought a little contraption at Walmart that I use that has a + so I can line up the line and make sure the face is square I think it helps me when picking my line.

I bought a little contraption at Walmart that I use that has a + so I can line up the line and make sure the face is square I think it helps me when picking my line.

I just got one of those for Christmas so I marked all my balls with it. Going to experiment with the lines for driving as well. Sometimes I just don't line myself up properly so maybe it will help.

i usually just use the marking already on the ball, point it along my target line, then match that line with the line on my putter.

also like to use it to aim my tee shots most of the time.

it works for me to take one thing out of my head standing over a putt or tee shot. once i aim the line on the ball, i forget about aim and just worry about the stroke.

the real answer... its all in your head. do what you need to do to line up a putt or tee shot (or any shot in a scramble haha).

I find using the alignment aid works better for me from longer distances. If I get too wrapped up in the alignment on short putts I can end up trying to steer the ball.

but does it really work? is it worth it

I think it is more of a learning tool myself, just like any other aid someone might use to help their game. I hope that once I get better I won't need to use it anymore. But you do see most pros using the marks on the green so it must help, or at least doesn't hurt.

Back