Ping Golf's Tour Truck in Accident

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
This is a Press Release

Poor Chuck Bowden. The driver of Ping's PGA Tour Van was driving from Orlando, Fla., site of the Arnold Palmer Invitational, to Houston for this week's Shell Houston Open event when he was rear-ended.

The accident happened Thursday, March 26, in rainy conditions and there were no injuries. The van suffered some damage, but Ping equipment will still be at Houston this week.

504503850_MAQgh-L.jpg

Ouch! perhaps the driver meant to rear end the truck, then get out quickly and steal all the stuff? :D

This is a Press Release

Poor Chuck Bowden. The driver of Ping's PGA Tour Van was driving from Orlando, Fla., site of the Arnold Palmer Invitational, to Houston for this week's Shell Houston Open event when he was rear-ended.

The accident happened Thursday, March 26, in rainy conditions and there were no injuries. The van suffered some damage, but Ping equipment will still be at Houston this week.

504503850_MAQgh-L.jpg

(a) they issued a press release about a fender bender???

(b) wasn't it PING that had the tour van stolen from a parking lot a few years ago?

• Admin
It was Harry. I found it a little odd myself. But we get some quirky ones from time to time that are not really part of the regular circulation.

It was Harry. I found it a little odd myself. But we get some quirky ones from time to time that are not really part of the regular circulation.

Don't get me wrong, I think it's interesting and I like that it is out of the ordinary. Just kind of odd to issue it. Maybe when it showed up in Houston damaged some rumors got started and PING wanted to clear it up.

• Admin
My guess as well.

I figured maybe Rocco started hitting drives with the G10 in the back of the van.

Can you see me? I'm the one on the ground scrounging up all of the G10's that fell out.

(a) they issued a press release about a fender bender???

(b) wasn't it PING that had the tour van stolen from a parking lot a few years ago?

what happened with the stolen Ping truck? was it ever recovered? lots of stuff missing?

what happened with the stolen Ping truck? was it ever recovered? lots of stuff missing?

I can't remember the details. It may have just been burglarized.

That's interesting, I wonder if the truck was stopped or not.

Back