Bridgestone J40 Wedges

Those are quite worn. Does a good cleaning make a differene Tad? Either way those still look great. Very nice looking in the black.

Those are quite worn. Does a good cleaning make a differene Tad? Either way those still look great. Very nice looking in the black.

The SW is clean the 52 needs a little water. I actually don't like them spotless, I know it's weird but as long as the grooves are clean I'm all good. Now if they were satin or Crome, cleaning all the time.

I'm geniunely curious if those saying these are worn have played these types of finishes on wedges/clubs for long?

My JAWS slate wedges were rusting within a week. My CG7 BP irons looked like Tad's photo's after 1 month.

Thanks Tad, and Yoccos, I have played a CG11 in black pearl for almost 2 years and I don't think the wear is as bad as that. I try to keep it clean, and it works pretty well.

Thanks Tad, and Yoccos, I have played a CG11 in black pearl for almost 2 years and I don't think the wear is as bad as that. I try to keep it clean, and it works pretty well.

Interesting. I guess it depends on the finish and how much you use them.

I use that wedge a fair amount, and the face has some wear, but the rest is alright. I actually like the wear on the face. It gives a really good look.

I think every set of black wedges have had similar wear except for Clevelands. They did not wear this much buy they still perform and they are not on fashion parade, they are money makers.

I know this is a discussion from a few pages back, but I really like the spinners in the GW slot. I use it for full shots or low balls that spin hard. As for the ball flight on full shots, I just don't notice much difference visually.

Tad - Glad you're loving the J40's buddy.

I think every set of black wedges have had similar wear except for Clevelands. They did not wear this much buy they still perform and they are not on fashion parade, they are money makers.

Did you have the VR Pro's? I thought I saw pics and these wore similar. My Clevelands wore as much as these. I think the J40's look amazing, I'll definitely be going black if they're options.

I use that wedge a fair amount, and the face has some wear, but the rest is alright. I actually like the wear on the face. It gives a really good look.

Agreed.

I know this is a discussion from a few pages back, but I really like the spinners in the GW slot. I use it for full shots or low balls that spin hard. As for the ball flight on full shots, I just don't notice much difference visually.

Tad - Glad you're loving the J40's buddy.

That low spinner is a nice dart to have in the bag. Full shots with other wedges seem to rainbow, these I can see spinning from the beginning.

Did you have the VR Pro's? I thought I saw pics and these wore similar. My Clevelands wore as much as these. I think the J40's look amazing, I'll definitely be going black if they're options.

Agreed.

Yes I do but not in black. JBs had similar wear when he was testing but not as bad

Black, white, red, purple...I don't care. If these things get the amount of spin everyone says they get and they are versitile out of any lie, I would game them.

I am running some errands but will post photos in a few hours. The wear is from 3 months of play.

This makes more sense. Thanks Tadashi!

I can not wait to game these. Spinners and all. They are some of the sickest looking wedges on the market. and I am a spinner fan. I have already looked at the lofts ofthe irons so a 50, 54, and 58 are what I will have.

I can not wait to game these. Spinners and all. They are some of the sickest looking wedges on the market. and I am a spinner fan. I have already looked at the lofts ofthe irons so a 50, 54, and 58 are what I will have.

I am also likely going to need to bend the 52* strong to cover the gap. With variable bounce tech in the sole I wonder if I could bend the 52* to 49* w/ no issues?

I am already thinking exactly the same. Need to double check the iron lofts but pretty sure I will be at what you are thinking.

Tappin' from my iPad!

I am also likely going to need to bend the 52* strong to cover the gap. With variable bounce tech in the sole I wonder if I could bend the 52* to 49* w/ no issues?

you just made it very complicated! hahaha

Not sure what the plan will be then to fit that gap. I was hoping to maybe play the DPC's 1* strong but that would leave a gap of 7* between the PW and 52*.

What is the gap between your SW and pw? I don't think you'll have to addjust

Not sure what the plan will be then to fit that gap. I was hoping to maybe play the DPC's 1* strong but that would leave a gap of 7* between the PW and 52*.

no sir...6. Bend the 52 to 51 and you have 4*

What is the gap between your SW and pw? I don't think you'll have to addjust

I have been playing with my PW at 47* then going 51*, 56* and 61*.

I have been playing with my PW at 47* then going 51*, 56* and 61*.

I would never tell you what clubs to get, but...61*?

Back