PGA Championship [Spoilers] TaylorMade R11 Iron Contest

Guys are still playing and I have to listen to Tiger discuss why he played so bad? WTF???

---
- Tappin' from my iPad in support of Team Hackers!

Does that really say that he's "projected" to miss the cut? He MISSED the cut! Sheesh.

I say Verplank uses a foot wedge for this shot. Or drag wedge it.

Guys are still playing and I have to listen to Tiger discuss why he played so bad? WTF???

---

I actually enjoyed that interview. Thought he was quite honest in what he had to say

I actually enjoyed that interview. Thought he was quite honest in what he had to say

But we should be watching golf. They can show his damn interview after the guys that are MAKING the cut are done playing!

---

I would like to smack Stricker in the face, doesn't he know going into the water is not going to help my pick of him winning. That is an unacceptable move!

I would like to smack Stricker in the face, doesn't he know going into the water is not going to help my pick of him winning. That is an unacceptable move!

Blame the bunker and the soft sand. Several pros start to complain after shooting poor rounds!

---

Watching that Tiger interview was like watching Brian Skatell from BB. He hit's it too pure

For the Tiger fans that are super fans. This is an honest question, which do you dislike more? Adam Scott in contention or Phil in contention this weekend? Or does the tournament end because there is no Tiger? Im being serious, this is an honest question.

Well, I'm not a big fan of Scott or Phil, but I'm looking forward to the rest of the weekend just the same.
I think this course is really bringing out the best and the worst of the PGA players and it's going to be fun to see who survives through Sunday.

Does anyone else notice a resemblance between Jerry Kelly and Uncle Daddy?

Does anyone else notice a resemblance between Jerry Kelly and Uncle Daddy?

I actually see a resemblance between Kelly and one of my neighbors.

Well, I'm not a big fan of Scott or Phil, but I'm looking forward to the rest of the weekend just the same.
I think this course is really bringing out the best and the worst of the PGA players and it's going to be fun to see who survives through Sunday.

I am curious, as a person who has openly said the are a Tiger Woods fan, do you dislike Phil and Scott because of that or do you have other reasons for disliking them? I have no opinion on this matter I am truly just curious.

That course must be a true brute. conditions were excellent and the lead still backed up 2 strokes.

I'm really surprised that stricker went for the green on 18.

I am curious, as a person who has openly said the are a Tiger Woods fan, do you dislike Phil and Scott because of that or do you have other reasons for disliking them? I have no opinion on this matter I am truly just curious.

I like Phil as a player and I love the way he plays and the chances he takes, but there's something about him that just turns me off personality-wise.
As far as Scott goes, to be honest I really don't know all that much about him.
He seems like a regular guy and I was happy to see him win last week and I wouldn't root against him, but I couldn't see myself being a cheerleader for him either.

best line of the day (imo) was mccord comparing jerry kelly's putting stroke to someone getting tased :laughing:

I like Phil as a player and I love the way he plays and the chances he takes, but there's something about him that just turns me off personality-wise.
As far as Scott goes, to be honest I really don't know all that much about him.
He seems like a regular guy and I was happy to see him win last week and I wouldn't root against him, but I couldn't see myself being a cheerleader for him either.

I just find it interesting that as a Tiger fan you said you don't like Phil or Scott which would make sense for a Tiger fan. I also find it interesting that you just said that you don't really dislike them, or at least Scott you just don't know much about him. I am a person who has never been a super fan, I am a more of a loner and my favorite player changes week from week so I don't understand disliking someone because they are the rival of my favorite. But it seems Tiger fans dislike Phil, and vice versa, Phil fans are just as bad, and now with the drama surround Stevie and Scott I found it interesting that you disliked him too, yet you now say you don't really know him. This was not a jab at you, more my curiosity.

An old scuba guy from Miami was in the water on golf courses 12 hours a day six days a week. He would gather 10s of 1000s of balls and seel them to local used golf ball stores for .25 to a dollar depending on the brand. He used to play in my men's group on sundays at the CC of Miami aka The golf club of Miami. He had green hair and smelled like bleach. Crazy old dude but it was like christmas every sunday, he would bring me a bag of Precept EVs every week.

There was a segment on either E:60 or something like that on ESPN where they showed a story about a guy who goes diving for golf balls and he said he made $100,000 doing it. But he also went diving in the dark with alligators and snakes, I am not sure it's worth it. He said #17 at TPC Sawgrass was like diving for golf. This is going off memory so please don't quote my numbers but I believe it was something like that.

Yeah so half my picks (Jason day, Dustin Johnston) have missed the cut so I'm hoping for a miracle with Westwood and Mcilroy doing a 1,2 finish! Better put some ice on that wrist!

I just find it interesting that as a Tiger fan you said you don't like Phil or Scott which would make sense for a Tiger fan. I also find it interesting that you just said that you don't really dislike them, or at least Scott you just don't know much about him. I am a person who has never been a super fan, I am a more of a loner and my favorite player changes week from week so I don't understand disliking someone because they are the rival of my favorite. But it seems Tiger fans dislike Phil, and vice versa, Phil fans are just as bad, and now with the drama surround Stevie and Scott I found it interesting that you disliked him too, yet you now say you don't really know him. This was not a jab at you, more my curiosity.

I just said that I wasn't a fan of either one but I don't dislike them.
I don't dislike anybody.

I admire their talent and their abilities and (as in Phil's case) their playing style, but I'm not interested enough in either one to actually root for or against them.
In any case, liking them or not has nothing to do with my liking Tiger.

It's like football.
I'm a big time Steelers fan and have been all my life.
But if they either don't make the playoffs or lose in the playoffs, I'm not one of those guys who's going to throw himself off a bridge or anything like that.
It takes me a short time to "get over it" and then I'm back to watching whoever is left in the competition.

Yeah so half my picks (Jason day, Dustin Johnston) have missed the cut so I'm hoping for a miracle with Westwood and Mcilroy doing a 1,2 finish! Better put some ice on that wrist!

What the hell happened with Jason Day. Both days he was under par then fell off the bleepin' cliff down the stretch. it's crazy.

Can we get the divot rule fixed (so you can move your ball out of a divot if you're in the middle of the dang fairway), what happened to davis love today was, imo, a joke. he hits a perfect drive and gets penalized for it because it happened to land in a divot, which has a good chance of happening when their are over 100 of the best players in the world playing the same golf course twice in 48 hours. I just think it's a tad ridiculous

This thread makes me :rofl:

What the hell happened with Jason Day. Both days he was under par then fell off the bleepin' cliff down the stretch. it's crazy.

Can we get the divot rule fixed (so you can move your ball out of a divot if you're in the middle of the dang fairway), what happened to davis love today was, imo, a joke. he hits a perfect drive and gets penalized for it because it happened to land in a divot, which has a good chance of happening when their are over 100 of the best players in the world playing the same golf course twice in 48 hours. I just think it's a tad ridiculous

Blame the ghost spider I guess?

---
- ...just tap it in...

I just said that I wasn't a fan of either one but I don't dislike them.
I don't dislike anybody.

I admire their talent and their abilities and (as in Phil's case) their playing style, but I'm not interested enough in either one to actually root for or against them.
In any case, liking them or not has nothing to do with my liking Tiger.

It's like football.
I'm a big time Steelers fan and have been all my life.
But if they either don't make the playoffs or lose in the playoffs, I'm not one of those guys who's going to throw himself off a bridge or anything like that.
It takes me a short time to "get over it" and then I'm back to watching whoever is left in the competition.

Fair enough. I think our definition of not a fan are different. I just saw irony that you are 'not a fan' of the 2 people that are most disliked by Tiger fans. Like I said, it wasn't a jab at you personally, but more about the mentality of a super fan or loyal fan. As I said, I have never been a super fan of anyone or anything so I don't understand it but I am trying that's why I asked.

Back