2010 Groove Conforming Irons?

rkangrah

Reaction score
Handicap
Do you think it matters to you using a iron that conforms to 2010 USGA rule?

Are you still using an iron set that is non conforming to the 2010 rule?

IMHO I think non conforming grooves shouldn't matter to anyone that isn't a tournament player.

IMHO I think non conforming grooves shouldn't matter to anyone that isn't a tournament player.
Exactly. And won't matter until 2025.

Agreed. But how about Club Tournaments? Just for fun tournaments....

Doesn't equate to a hill of beans. And shouldn't to most of US's golfing population.

I suppose a club tournament (or any competition) can say you can only use conforming grooves if they wanted to. But if they don't, then there should not be an issue.

Do you think it matters to you using a iron that conforms to 2010 USGA rule?

Are you still using an iron set that is non conforming to the 2010 rule?

Yes I'm still using old grooves in my irons and wedges. 2024 is a ways off.

At my home course all club events are played under normal rules. No need for new grooves before 2014.

i'm not sure what rules my irons and wedges conform to, but they definitely don't help generate much spin. it really doesn't matter to me what the people i play with are using none of us hit the ball with enough spin to zip a ball back. actual tournaments are a different story, but i think it still depends on the quality of your ball striking and the grooves just help to maximize a players abilities.

i'm not sure what rules my irons and wedges conform to, but they definitely don't help generate much spin. it really doesn't matter to me what the people i play with are using none of us hit the ball with enough spin to zip a ball back. actual tournaments are a different story, but i think it still depends on the quality of your ball striking and the grooves just help to maximize a players abilities.

When did you buy them? IF you bought them in 2010, possibly they are conforming. Taking a note if you bought new-release clubs.

Back