2015 Fitness and Working Out Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah the wrist and hand position was just a brain fart yesterday. When I looked at the video I Was like you know better than that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some video from yesterday

I think I am getting deeper on my squats but I need better hand position on the bar.
Squats look world's better. You hit depth on some of them. Definitely high on 1 and 5. But you're making progress in a big way. I can't see your feet in the video. But I think your stance might be a touch narrow. On the decent shove your knees out harder well. That will help make space for your torso.

Presses, look better. First things first. Take your grip with you arms 3/4 extended. With your hands on the bar, bar in the right spot in your hands, swing your elbows down and together and step under the bar.

Right now, your push pressing the bar. Not the worst thing. But it needs to be addressed. Next time you press. Before you grab the bar, put your feet shoulder width apart, flex your abs, butt, and legs. Put your hands on your hips and feel them go forward. Thrust your hips forward as fast as you can. Groove that feeling.

Well I have joined Orange Theory to get my body back into shape. If you don't hear from me, I'm going to be at the colonial location. Can't wait to feel the burn

Well I have joined Orange Theory to get my body back into shape. If you don't hear from me, I'm going to be at the colonial location. Can't wait to feel the burn

That's the place that does heart rate monitoring right? Our gym just put in similar sensors and it's been a really useful tool for the interval training part of workouts.

That's the place that does heart rate monitoring right? Our gym just put in similar sensors and it's been a really useful tool for the interval training part of workouts.

Yes they do with a personal trainer for the hour. I'll be doing bike, rowing and weigh training of sorts. Can't run with new hip. I need someone to kick my ass so I can run around with my kids.

Yes they do with a personal trainer for the hour. I'll be doing bike, rowing and weigh training of sorts. Can't run with new hip. I need someone to kick my ass so I can run around with my kids.

Rowing is fantastic. It will wipe you out more than running will. Good luck!

Freddie...glad to see you planning to get back into shape.

Knocked out 10 minutes of cardio and then 5x5 squats, bench and rows. Two days of yoga this week, too. Just trying to do something at least every other day.

Squats look world's better. You hit depth on some of them. Definitely high on 1 and 5. But you're making progress in a big way. I can't see your feet in the video. But I think your stance might be a touch narrow. On the decent shove your knees out harder well. That will help make space for your torso.

Presses, look better. First things first. Take your grip with you arms 3/4 extended. With your hands on the bar, bar in the right spot in your hands, swing your elbows down and together and step under the bar.

Right now, your push pressing the bar. Not the worst thing. But it needs to be addressed. Next time you press. Before you grab the bar, put your feet shoulder width apart, flex your abs, butt, and legs. Put your hands on your hips and feel them go forward. Thrust your hips forward as fast as you can. Groove that feeling.

Thanks Blu. I will work on what you noted when I get back to weights tomorrow

You're making progress. Very good progress. Wrinkles always need to be ironed out. Add 5#s and make it happen

One thing I'll say on depth, at least for me, is I always felt I was going way lower than I was until I saw myself in video. I almost feel like I'm sitting as low as I can and that's how I know I hit depth, and seeing it on video, that feeling translates to good depth.

One thing I'll say on depth, at least for me, is I always felt I was going way lower than I was until I saw myself in video. I almost feel like I'm sitting as low as I can and that's how I know I hit depth, and seeing it on video, that feeling translates to good depth.
What's kind of crazy, you will be faster out of the hole if you hit depth.

*ow* I pulled me left lower Lat.....deficit deadlifting. Ironically, given my last post spoke of fewer warm ups, I don't think I did enough warm ups. I also kept going when I shoulda quit. Now it hurts to take a deep breath. Heh I really need a deload week, been thinking about it a lot and anyways 5/3/1 BBB calls for it, so here I go.

... Ouch!!! Rest up, sir.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Missed my workout yesterday because of pumpkin carving... so I got one in today instead. Squats went well, presses were a struggle as usual, but I think I figured out a key that made them a little easier. I was being really deliberate with my presses and not exploding like I should have been doing; when I bumped and pressed fast, it felt easier, so something to work on. Deadlifts went really well, and got some video. I was initially going to do 285, but it felt so good that I added 10 lbs and did another set, both on video (below). Straps and belt feeling really good on deads.

[video=youtube;q-jFlEYDufU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-jFlEYDufU&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Missed my workout yesterday because of pumpkin carving... so I got one in today instead. Squats went well, presses were a struggle as usual, but I think I figured out a key that made them a little easier. I was being really deliberate with my presses and not exploding like I should have been doing; when I bumped and pressed fast, it felt easier, so something to work on. Deadlifts went really well, and got some video. I was initially going to do 285, but it felt so good that I added 10 lbs and did another set, both on video (below). Straps and belt feeling really good on deads.

[video=youtube;q-jFlEYDufU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-jFlEYDufU&feature=youtu.be[/video]
Take a look at the :20 mark. You do something that will make heavier weights much hard to lift. Can you spot it?

with that said, every rep after :32, you pull perfectly.

Also, next you deadlift, take those shoes off.

Take a look at the :20 mark. You do something that will make heavier weights much hard to lift. Can you spot it?

with that said, every rep after :32, you pull perfectly.

Also, next you deadlift, take those shoes off.

Guessing either dropping my hips or lifting my head too much. Should I squat barefoot as well, or just deads?

Guessing either dropping my hips or lifting my head too much. Should I squat barefoot as well, or just deads?
Don't squat barefoot. The heel lift you get from the shoes really works wonders in activating your entire leg.

Just deads. Preferably, get proper footwear. But I understand the limitations there.

You push the bar away with your shins. The bar rolls in front of mid foot. Watch the bar path. It angles back towards you. Then on the reps at :34 and beyond, the bar is over mid foot and the pull is completely vertical.

Don't roll the bar with your shins.

Some deadlifts for viewing. I think they're decent. Note the horribly improper footwear. This was my first set, 2nd at 205 and third at 225. Enjoy (critique always welcome)!

https://youtu.be/MIR2TX17ZsM

Didn't have time for a full workout today, so did 20 minutes on the elliptical and then did sub max bench and presses at higher reps just working on proper form. Still worked up a pretty nice sweat, so felt pretty good.

I had a pretty good workout in the hotel gym tonight. Chest and back and then 30 minutes on the treadmill.

I had a pretty good workout in the hotel gym tonight. Chest and back and then 30 minutes on the treadmill.

LOVE your dedication to fitness, man. You really are kicking some serious ass, and I can't wait to see the dividends it pays in December when you make Finley your biotch.

LOVE your dedication to fitness, man. You really are kicking some serious ass, and I can't wait to see the dividends it pays in December when you make Finley your biotch.

Thanks buddy! It really is sort of fun when you get in a groove. I appreciate the kind words they really mean a lot

Thanks buddy! It really is sort of fun when you get in a groove. I appreciate the kind words they really mean a lot

If I traveled as much as you, I would have clogged arteries and would break a sweat getting dressed. You're proof that all a person needs is will power.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back