What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been bemoaning my driver swing in here for a while, and i've started to have some success. When I was at wild ridge sunday (which i think i mentioned in here), I hooked a 3 iron off the tee on 10, i felt like I was miss aligned but hit anyway and the guy who I was golfing with (who i've known since high school, good golfer, has a degree in golf course management) mentioned that I came across my body on that swing.

Well short story long I took that thought with me the next day when I went to practice because the feeling I had when I hooked the 3 was eeriely similar to the feeling I get when swinging the big dog. Low and behold it appears that seems to have been the fatal flaw. Even when I got my right shoulder through I was coming across the ball from the top of by backswing, basically whipping my body left. So i've worked on fixing that, keeping my left shoulder in and staying down through the ball, and am seeing some success, feeling some of the old feel I had previously. It's nice to see, gotta admit

Played the Par 29/30 twice today and shot a 33 / 35 for a combined 68 with a short break between the 2 nine's

Strange day on the course, each side had 6 pars, 1 bogey & 2 double bogeys. I don't remember the last time I had more than 2 doubles in a round on my home course and today I had 2 each side. As they say, golf spelled backwards is flog, guess I was a flogger today. Never had a birdie fall, but that was because I only had 3 legitimate birdie attempts and all were about 15 feet away. Came close to all of them but none fell. 30 putts, but only 57.1% fairways and 33.3% GIR. I guess being 10 over on 6 holes and being 10 over, total for the day just doesn't make much sense to me. Oh well, maybe next time.

Last edited:
34, -2. Most happy that my girlfriend has started ripping it!

34, -2. Most happy that my girlfriend has started ripping it!

Nice low score! I have shot 9 holes under par once in my life, and that was a 35, -1.

Played a new course today. Hit my driver the best I ever have today. Wasn't getting great distance, but they were hitting the fairway, which is extremely unusual for me. The problem is I could not hit my irons for squat to start off the front 9. I had a Ping fitting that morning, where I ended up hitting a driver that was an inch longer. As a result of this, I was topping EVERYTHING when I started hitting my irons again. Once I got settled back into my irons, I hit them pretty well. My chipping was spot on today. Didn't hit many greens, but as a result I had 31 putts, my lowest number ever. I ended up with a 46/42 for a 88.

I was playing alone, and gave my self a good scare on the Par 3 hole 7. Had a putt land 1 foot in front of the pin and 6 inches left, rolled right on by the pin and came to rest a couple feet in back. I was sure it was going to go in and no one would be there to see it. I had a tap in birdie, only one on the day.

88, 9 fairways, 4 greens, 31 putts, 1 birdie, 4 pars, 9 bogeys, and 4 doubles. Three of the four doubles were in the first four holes, when I couldn't hit my irons. From 5 on I didn't play too poorly at all.

i shot a 44/45
5 lost balls didnt help me but 3 of them were/shoulda been findable
1 i swear was right in the middle of the fw... even my playing partner said he saw it in the same spot
2 were barely off the fw in the rough or so i thought
the other 2 sleep with the fishes
driver is still horrendous so i teed off with a 4w on some holes and even that didnt help lol
approach shots were meh
chipping/pitching were decent
putting was meh

72 38-34 today. Was in a bad mood when I got to the course. School is killing me mentally (not school work) but
Birdied the first hole and then settled down until my wrist acted up. Hard to roll my hands after impact and was hitting a lot of cuts. Then Aleve kicked it and roared back. Had a brief warm up due to school issues and I can't stand short warm ups. Got a round on Friday and Sunday as well. Hope I can keep this going. Summer break for school starts now!

I played a 9 after work today. I did one of those practice and just focus on the basics of the game rounds. I didnt keep score but i very well by not 3 putting any holes and droped 3 on the green from about 150 out. They were sticking like glue when they hit the green today. I wish i would have ran home and seen the new wedge on my door step before i went so i could have broke it in. I guess it will have to go to the range with me tomarrow

Shot 39-42 81 and came down to earth after shooting 72 on Monday. Two three putts on the front and three doubles on the back. The only good news here was I made a birdie on the last hole today and it is the number 2 handicap hole on the course. When I shot my 72 I double bogied the last hole. Way too much pressure I guess.

38-42 for an uneventful 80. 8 bogeys and 10 pars. missed a ton of puts and was scrambling to make par. working on some changes to my swing

42-44 for an 86 at my home course.

+1 37 on the nine I played today. My Irons are just kinda blah because i'm waiting to decide which mizunos to get once i test out the new ones next month. They know they only have a bit long with me before they are replaced lol.

Shot a 75 at my home course today playing with fellow THPer MikeDean.. chunked a wedge into number 9 green which lead to a double instead of a potential birdie..

Also lipped out an eagle putt from about 3 feet.. That one stung a bit!!

Sent From Tapatalk

Hope all is okay Alex!

Thanks Sean. I'm okay... home now and relaxing. I underwent a lot of blood tests and had a Stress Test this morning. All went well and I was released. The good news is that it wasn't heart attack #4 but it was a signifigant angina episode. I'll take the lesser of two evils.

Alex

44-46 for a 90.. pin placements killed me today, u would think the pga was out playing

I tapatalk better then I tapaputt

44-46 for a 90.. pin placements killed me today, u would think the pga was out playing

I tapatalk better then I tapaputt

There needs to be a thread on this somewhere.. Terrible pin spots are the worst.. Sitting on slopes, only a couple feet from the fringe, etc..

Brutal.

78 today and felt like mid 80's. Nothing really felt good, just something different worked each hole. Very odd day out there.

Putter was some what consistent.

Tap,Tap,Tap

Thanks Sean. I'm okay... home now and relaxing. I underwent a lot of blood tests and had a Stress Test this morning. All went well and I was released. The good news is that it wasn't heart attack #4 but it was a signifigant angina episode. I'll take the lesser of two evils.

Alex
I just went through the greater of the two evils about a month ago. Glad to hear you're okay! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back