cleveland mashie shaft

ulle73

Reaction score
Handicap
im gonna buy the cleveland mashie hybrid, and im drawing the ball, will it be better to choose the Miyazaki C.Kua 83 shaft instead of the Miyazaki C.Kua 59? Will this reduce my draw, even if its just a LITTLE bit?

From what i have read on here alot of people say that to ba a true fact. It is very hard for me to draw the ball so i dont have a issue with my stock 59

From what i have read on here alot of people say that to ba a true fact. It is very hard for me to draw the ball so i dont have a issue with my stock 59

okay, do you know were you read it? :) sounds logical that the heavier the club is, the more behind it will stay

Look in the Mashie testing thread. I am pretty sure it may have been stated in there.

Look in the Mashie testing thread. I am pretty sure it may have been stated in there.

okay, will try to find it :) if someone else knows if a heavier shaft reduces the draw, please let me know :)

I think the toe weighting has a lot to do with it as well.

I think the toe weighting has a lot to do with it as well.

the toe weighting? but you also think that a heavier shaft is to prefer for me?

I don't really know tbh. I think the Mashie doesn't want to go right and much of that has to do with the weighting of the clubhead.

I hook the heck out of the ball with my M3 w/ stock 59 as well. ALMOST to the point where I'm going to take it out of the bag and replace it with my old Nike Sumo2 SQ. My normal flight is a draw too, but the M3 exaggerates it on many shots. The shots that it doesnt are beauties (and the reason its held on so long in my bag).

I also changed out the stock grip with one to allow me to square the face at address. I am playing 4 rounds this weekend so I should have a firm decision on if this will help or not.

but on clevelands website it doesnt say anything about that they added weight in the toe to make it easier to draw the ball, anyone know were i can find this stuff out?

but on clevelands website it doesnt say anything about that they added weight in the toe to make it easier to draw the ball, anyone know were i can find this stuff out?

Somebody who knows for certain feel free to correct me if I am misunderstood, but I am pretty sure added weight in the toe would make it harder to draw the ball, not easier.

Yea, you're correct. I'm stupid today.

I hook the heck out of the ball with my M3 w/ stock 59 as well. ALMOST to the point where I'm going to take it out of the bag and replace it with my old Nike Sumo2 SQ. My normal flight is a draw too, but the M3 exaggerates it on many shots. The shots that it doesnt are beauties (and the reason its held on so long in my bag).

I have noticed this with my FL15 with stock c.kua 43 as well. Its kinda frustrating, but we had a nice long workout at the range and I "hope" we have resolved most of our issues. Otherwise she's gone.

i just called cleveland golf and they said that the weight are neutral devided, but has a slight offset, maybe thats why some guys hook it with mashie? And also guys who tend to overdraw the ball is better of to choose a lower torque to reduce the draw, and people who fade is better of to choose a higher torque...

i just called cleveland golf and they said that the weight are neutral devided, but has a slight offset, maybe thats why some guys hook it with mashie? And also guys who tend to overdraw the ball is better of to choose a lower torque to reduce the draw, and people who fade is better of to choose a higher torque...

Interesting. I kinda am wishing I was fitted for my 3 wood now instead of just picking up the matching one to my driver (which I was fitted for). I was going to pick up a mashie on the same premise, but now I might just wait. Maybe even take the 3 wood back for a new shaft.

I hook the heck out of the ball with my M3 w/ stock 59 as well. ALMOST to the point where I'm going to take it out of the bag .

I'm starting to dislike mine strongly. I can bomb it off a tee with a very smooth swing, but not too many shots into par 5s are off a tee. I have OVER-opened the face and still hit a slight draw.
Pretty sure I'm about ready to sell it off after 4 or 5 rounds. :beat-up:

I also changed out the stock grip with one to allow me to square the face at address. I am playing 4 rounds this weekend so I should have a firm decision on if this will help or not.

I had a similar issue with my M3 as well. Coincidentally, my old hybrid was a Sumo SQ 2 too. Switched back and everything was ok for the most part, I just wasn't getting the distance, so I've switched back to the M3.

My predominant miss with both of these clubs is a hook (as it is with most hybrids for some reason). I ended up taking them both to the range for a shootout. M3 won hands down as long as I focused on not overcooking and hitting down on the ball. Your mileage may vary obviously, but be the added distance and height I got from the M3 made it an easy choice once I compared them side by side.

The more I play with it, and all of my clubs, the more I realize that I'm getting better flight results and similar or better distance when I focus on solid contact (hit down on it for hybrid, irons & wedges) and a fluid swing versus swinging for the fences.

what shaft do you guys have? the 59 grams or 83? cause the 83 is a bit heavier and has a lower torque, which reduces the draw, do you guys hit your mashies good now? how are you hitting your other clubs? also draws? do you think the hook is because the swing or th club? or both?

okay, but do you guys hit your mashies good now? how are you hitting your other clubs? also draws? do you think the hook is because the swing or th club? or both?
I hit the mashie for about 15 minutes on the range this year. I hooked it too. I think it was mainly the amount of off set that caused me to hook it. The light shaft might have contributed too it too, but not as much for me.

Try opening your stance a bit (front foot back 1 inch or point the front foot slightly forward "\o|") and see how that works for you

I hit the mashie for about 15 minutes on the range this year. I hooked it too. I think it was mainly the amount of off set that caused me to hook it. The light shaft might have contributed too it too, but not as much for me.

okay, what hybrid do you play now instead? and what other hybrids have you tested which you liked?

Try opening your stance a bit (front foot back 1 inch or point the front foot slightly forward "\o|") and see how that works for you

how does your mashie works for you?

okay, what hybrid do you play now instead? and what other hybrids have you tested which you liked?
I'm currently using a 5 wood instead of a hybird. I am thinking about picking up the Taylormade Rescue 11 though. I really liked it when I hit it at a demo day. The Titlesit 910 h worked well for me too.

I'm currently using a 5 wood instead of a hybird. I am thinking about picking up the Taylormade Rescue 11 though. I really liked it when I hit it at a demo day. The Titlesit 910 h worked well for me too.

okay, did you find the R11 as forgiving as mashie? or as easy overall to hit?

how does your mashie works for you?

I can shape it well but it goes almost dead straight. Of all the hybrids I tried out nothing was as long or as easy to hit as this thing

Back