rkangrah

Reaction score
Handicap
IF you are asked to list a few drivers in all-time top ten drivers, what would that be?

My list (only got 3 so far):
1. Titleist 905R
2. Nike SQ Tour
3. Callaway FT-9

I suspect the answers to this one would be very different depending on how long you've been playing the game. For instance, none of the above would make it for me.

I suspect the answers to this one would be very different depending on how long you've been playing the game. For instance, none of the above would make it for me.

Yeah you are free to make a list even with a persimmon driver. If you have really been playing that long.....:p

Callaway FTI-Q serious bomber

Yeah you are free to make a list even with a persimmon driver. If you have really been playing that long.....:p

Oi! Enough of your cheek youngster! :D

I'm not as old as I sometimes sound. On my list there might be some Callaway - but you'd be more likely to see the Big Bertha, the Biggest Big Bertha, or the Haweye VFT. I might put the Cobra ZL Unlimited in there, or Pinz Zing 2. Titleist, I liked my (very) old DTR driver. Not too forgiving though!

Not saying there's no 'all time greats' out there for the last couple of years though, my R9 460 is one of the best I've played.

The Callaway Biggest Big Bertha. Coming in at an impressive 290cc and at the time everybody thought that club was ridiculously over-sized. It set the stage for the future of driver head size.

Titleist 975D has to be in the discussion. Great driver, classic shape.

The Callaway Biggest Big Bertha. Coming in at an impressive 290cc and at the time everybody thought that club was ridiculously over-sized. It set the stage for the future of driver head size.

This one would head the list for me too for the same reasons listed. After that the TaylorMade 320 was a gamer for quite a while.
Living in NASCAR country I took the heading for this thread a little differently than it was intended :D

Here are some of my favorites:

1. Taylormade R9
2. Ping G20
3. Titleist 975J
4. Wilson DXi
5. Callaway FT Tour
6. Callaway Razr Tour

I have to say that my RAZR Fit is probably the longest and most consistent driver I have ever hit.

I also liked the Taylormade R9.

I gotta add an underrated driver. Nike VR Pro!

Tappin!

I haven't been playing that long and I didn't know what shaft flex meant until last year. Safe to say I didn't know a THING about equipment till last year. Thanks Dad! Well, here's my top 3:

3. Burner 09
2. R9
1. FT-9

For me it was these driver over the past few years.

Ping K15
Ping G15
Callaway FT-9
Callaway Big Bertha 454

Oi! Enough of your cheek youngster! :D

I'm not as old as I sometimes sound. On my list there might be some Callaway - but you'd be more likely to see the Big Bertha, the Biggest Big Bertha, or the Haweye VFT. I might put the Cobra ZL Unlimited in there, or Pinz Zing 2. Titleist, I liked my (very) old DTR driver. Not too forgiving though!

VFT is still the best driver Cally put out.

Loved the 07 Burner Driver...thing was crazy long

My fav's thru the years,

Callaway Big Bertha
Taylormade 540 with ProForce shaft
Taylormade R7 HT <--- This one keeps making it's way back into my bag when my R11 isn't doing what I want

Here are mine in no particular order

Turdliest 910 D2
TaylorMade R9
Srixon ZStar
Bridgestone J40

I still want a Titleist 983k one day.
The R9 series may be one of the best ever for a total package of performance, sound, options, and looks.

1. callaway original big bertha
2. taylormade R7 superquad
3. callaway FT iQ

1. callaway original big bertha
2. taylormade R7 superquad
3. callaway FT iQ

Was waiting to see that show up. Loved those things.

From what I've hit:

1. R7 Superquad
2. Ping G10
3. '08 Tour Burner (there's a reason why I own two)

Haven't played long enough, but here are mine:

1. R9
2. Ping K15

5. Callaway Big Bertha
4. Cleveland Launcher 400
3. Cleveland Hibore XL (still have this in the back up bag)
2. Taylor Made Firesole (I bagged this for 3 years along with the TM Supersteel FWs)
1. PING Rapture V2 (took over from the XL, nothing since has pushed it out)

Interesting lists... I'm not listing the J40 yet because I havent it but lemme throw a couple oot.

1. Original Callaway Big bertha Tour
2. Razr Hawk Tour
3. Srixon ZStar Tour
4. Nike VR Pro ltd Edition Forged Tour

1. The entire Ping G series all the way to the current G20
2. Titliest 905 series
3. Cleveland Hibore XL
4. Cobra 440sz
5. TM R11
6. TM SuperQuad
7. Cobra L4V
8. Callaway FT-5
9. Callaway Great Big Bertha II
10. Knight Rippa 420 (I'm sure this will get a lot of laughs since it was a $25-30 Walmart Club, but quite a few serious golfers in this area played this club. It was really a solid performer)

Last edited:
Back