Blind Ball Testing Review Thread

How many people will be making the switch to this ball when they find out what it is?

Not me. I don't feel like I like it any more than the TM Burner Tour. I say that the B330RX is my favorite ball but I can't afford it so the ball I actually play is the Burner Tour which I picked up after the last blind ball testing.

How many people will be making the switch to this ball when they find out what it is?

For me, it's all about price. If this is a premium ball, probably not. I don't love everything about this ball. If I'm going to spend $44 per dozen, I need to love every aspect of the ball. I don't know how in love I am with every part of this ball. There is still a part of me that wants a firmer feeling ball off of the tee. I like having the tactile feedback of the ball hitting the driver face. This ball did not give me that.

If this ball was <$30, I will buy a dozen the day it is announced what one they are.

I am certainly interested in trying these when the identity is announced. After all, I'm already a fan of the RX that the mystery ball has been so often compared to.
Part of me still hopes that his ball is the second coming of the TaylorMade TP Red. I sure do miss those!

I have been quoted as saying I don't care if it's a Topflite, a Maxfli or a Pinnacle...this ball works for my game, I seem to compress it well which is why I think I have seen added distance and increased greenside control.

YES, I will be switching!

NOW,,,,what is it already :D

I've followed thos thread so closely since it started, and this ball sounds great. I am certainly going to at least try it, if not switch if it works for me as well as for everyone else.

---
- I wish golf was as easy as Tapatalk.

I hated it off the tee box. I love the RX off the tee. But after playing the mystery ball and the RX yesterday I found out I have just lost distance off the tee regardless of what ball I'm playing. It plays similarly to the RX around the greens although I would swear I am getting a tad more spin with mystery ball.:bridgestone::daphne:

Could be more like a B330-S or something like it. That's what I play and it is similar to the RX but a bit heavier off the tee and softer around the greens with more spin.

---
- I wish golf was as easy as Tapatalk.

Just caught up on about 10 pages of this thread (on Tapatalk). Great info guys. This ball seems like it may fit my game and I will definitely be interested in giving it a try when it is announced. It sounds like a pretty durable ball too, which I would love.

Even though you just said it was the longest ball you have ever played?

Yeah I know lol, I'm not a huge fan of driver wedge or driver 8 iron golf, I love it around the greens though.

Yeah I know lol, I'm not a huge fan of driver wedge or driver 8 iron golf, I love it around the greens though.

Got to tell you, Im very confused. You love the green side spin and it is the longest ball you have ever played. You said you liked the feel and obviously its not aesthetics, but wont make the switch? So basically what you are saying is that you want a shorter ball off the tee, and/or it is about brand loyalty. I would assume its not giving you 20-25 yards of more distance based on your posts, so its obviously not changing the club makeup too much, so you could see why someone would be so confused. Im guessing its just about brand loyalty. If it works for someone, all the power to you. I appreciate your thoughts on it.

I figured based on your posts, you would be the 1st one to switch. More distance, better feel around the greens was what I took from your writeups. I guess I just read them wrong. Thanks for your input.

I don't lose a lot of golf balls, I still have 3 of the test balls left and even gave OG one to try out and share his thoughts. I have 6 rounds in with these balls and really only one of the 3 is scuffed badly. I still have 5 sleeves of B-330 RX's and 5 sleeves of Penta's so it will be a while before I am buying again. Of these 2 and the mystery ball I will probably buy which ever is cheapest at the time I make my next purchase as they all preform similarly to me. The mystery ball continues to be slightly longer off of my irons, so that might push it over the top if all are equally priced. If the mystery ball is cheaper then it is a clear winner of the 3.

Got to tell you, Im very confused. You love the green side spin and it is the longest ball you have ever played. You said you liked the feel and obviously its not aesthetics, but wont make the switch? So basically what you are saying is that you want a shorter ball off the tee, and/or it is about brand loyalty. I would assume its not giving you 20-25 yards of more distance based on your posts, so its obviously not changing the club makeup too much, so you could see why someone would be so confused. Im guessing its just about brand loyalty. If it works for someone, all the power to you. I appreciate your thoughts on it.

I figured based on your posts, you would be the 1st one to switch. More distance, better feel around the greens was what I took from your writeups. I guess I just read them wrong. Thanks for your input.

Has nothing to do with brand loyalty JB, I'm a feel player and a pretty decent one at that, I've also been playing the same irons for 7 years, the same 3 wood for 6 years, and the same driver for 6 or 7 years, the only thing I change regularly is wedges and that's because of groove wear, I'm not a chaser of the next fad nor am I distance motivated. I could have a hundred balls of different types but in the end if they don't feel right in all aspects of my game I will question it and approach it apprehensively. I absolutely love the short game control, no denying that at all, but the feel off the driver is what I question. I'm not a distance junkie at all, so even though I got a ton of distance off the driver that's not what is important to me. What I will be doing though is trying it with different drivers to see if I can find the same feeling I have now with my current driver, plus it's time for a driver upgrade.

I will certainly pick these up. They have been so straight off the tee for me yet have more control around the greens than I have seen from any "straight" flight ball. I still need to hit the Q-star and catch up on that thread as well as give all the Vision varieties a more in depth look, but I am really enjoying Ball X.

Has nothing to do with brand loyalty JB, I'm a feel player and a pretty decent one at that, I've also been playing the same irons for 7 years, the same 3 wood for 6 years, and the same driver for 6 or 7 years, the only thing I change regularly is wedges and that's because of groove wear, I'm not a chaser of the next fad nor am I distance motivated. I could have a hundred balls of different types but in the end if they don't feel right in all aspects of my game I will question it and approach it apprehensively. I absolutely love the short game control, no denying that at all, but the feel off the driver is what I question. I'm not a distance junkie at all, so even though I got a ton of distance off the driver that's not what is important to me. What I will be doing though is trying it with different drivers to see if I can find the same feeling I have now with my current driver, plus it's time for a driver upgrade.

One the things that has always confused me was the saying "feel player". I never got it. If you mean feel off of the driver, then I can get what you mean, even though I felt the exact opposite, it felt really soft to me.

I'm switching.

I'd definitely consider a switch. I really like my current ball, but this one seemed to perform just as well for me. I wish I had more of them for this weekend.

Its interesting to hear so many takes on this ball from all the different testers here. I have to wonder if this is from the difference in swing speeds, equipment, or just expectations of each individual. I myself loved this ball off the tee, but I can't call it soft or hard, to me ball X was "Smooth" and almost plush. It had a deep swoosh feel and sound with a mid flight were many others felt it was a high flyer.

I'm certainly interested in this ball and expect to purchase these.

I will be gaming this ball until I can find one better for my game. It's better than my current ball for me. So better is better, get the better ball for me.

Its interesting to hear so many takes on this ball from all the different testers here. I have to wonder if this is from the difference in swing speeds, equipment, or just expectations of each individual. I myself loved this ball off the tee, but I can't call it soft or hard, to me ball X was "Smooth" and almost plush. It had a deep swoosh feel and sound with a mid flight were many others felt it was a high flyer.

I'm certainly interested in this ball and expect to purchase these.

We are sharing very similar thoughts duey. We're very handsome and smart too.

We are sharing very similar thoughts duey. We're very handsome and smart too.

Yes sir, but you forgot short, hairy and almost as long as The Belbs! The unveiling of this ball will be real interesting, I can't wait to feel like a boob when I find out it's a ball I already use, lol.

Yes sir, but you forgot short, hairy and almost as long as The Belbs! The unveiling of this ball will be real interesting, I can't wait to feel like a boob when I find out it's a ball I already use, lol.

Nah, any time you're being honest, who cares about the outcome?

I've thought the same thing Duey. But one thing I have really taken away from testing out a ball, is how much more I concentrate on each shot I have been hitting. Really trying to work the spin, focusing on my swing off the tee to prevent a slice so I dont lose one. If I focused on my game everytime I play, like I have while I have been while reviewing and looking for results from this ball, I would be a better player.

I've thought the same thing Duey. But one thing I have really taken away from testing out a ball, is how much more I concentrate on each shot I have been hitting. Really trying to work the spin, focusing on my swing off the tee to prevent a slice so I dont lose one. If I focused on my game everytime I play, like I have while I have been while reviewing and looking for results from this ball, I would be a better player.

You actually bring up a great point here. I never really thought of it, but when I'm playing or practicing with a blind ball like this, I am far more in tune with what I'm focused on. Neat perspective.

I think you hit the nail on the head w/ this one. I am playing 2-3 stokes better with this ball and I am sure it has to do with my course management more than the ball. I am making sure I play "safe" shots and think about each shot a little more.

Great point W.E., I found myself doing the exact thing. I worked hard to keep those suckers safe yet get a solid contact on every shot. My concentration was as high as it gets over one of these, so my game was better as well. I need to do a testing during next years Florida outing, haha

that's a good and interesting point Howz....

I think you hit the nail on the head w/ this one. I am playing 2-3 stokes better with this ball and I am sure it has to do with my course management more than the ball. I am making sure I play "safe" shots and think about each shot a little more.

Back