Get my swing analyzed?

rkangrah

Reaction score
Handicap
I want to get my golf swing analyzed by a pro. Get my swing recorded by a camera and the pro will analyze and fix my swing.

What kind of facility do that sort of thing? How much does it usually cost?

GolfTec does a fantastic job. Approx $ 165.00 Good bang for the buck.
If you have a GolfTec in your area stop by and pick up one of their business cards and book a SWING EVALUATION SESSION later.
At my GolfTec they have a 50% discount off Initial Eval Lesson when you present the card.
They have plenty of cameras trained on you for you to check out your swing. Most sessions are Accessible for online viewing.

I would agree on the GolfTec suggestion. Most serious pros probably have the analysis software and cams, but the great thing about the GT swing analysis is that you can access everything on their website...pics, swings, and a recording of the analysis.

I want to get my golf swing analyzed by a pro. Get my swing recorded by a camera and the pro will analyze and fix my swing.
One concern here (and it might just be my interpretation of your wording so I apologize up front if that is the case).
No pro is going to "FIX YOUR SWING".
Depending on what flaws there are, it takes a major commitment and hours of practice to make modifications. Things like stance, grip, ball position etc are pretty easy to adapt, but the swing itself can be a nightmare to change.

With that said, having your swing videotaped and analyzed is an awsome process and certainly eye-opening. Good luck and enjoy the process.

I just got my swing analyzed about 3 weeks ago at golfTEC and it was amazing how jacked up my old swing was!!! I think they are very good about what parts you need to work on and they will show you where you are making the mistakes in your swing on the video. If you buy a lessons package they only charge you $99 for the swing evaluation. I have only been going for 3 weeks and swing is already getting to where it needs to be, as long as you are willing to do the drills he gives you a few times between practices you can really make some progress. In the end though it is up to you on weather you fix your swing. I would HIGHLY recommend it.

As Mightyquinn notes, seeing your swing in action can be a real eye opener...in my case humbling (posture of Quasimodo). A picture is worth a thousand words and provides the best context possible for understanding changes you need to make. I think this is the best way to start improving your game.

On to your question...I can't comment on GolfTec, but I do know that this service is also provided at some courses as part of the lesson series you purchase with a pro (that's how I am doing it). You would need to call your local pro shops and talk to them about what technologies they have and use.

I'm in the same boat as mightyquinn . I did a GolfTec eval on Monday, and man was my swing awful. I've made several changes to my setup and backswing since the initial eval - and things are even more jacked up right now - but it will take a time and practice to get used to these changes. I realize things will get worse before getting better, but I'm pretty confident that when they get better, I'll have a more repeatable/consistent swing than my previous one, which was inconsistent and over the top. I'm probably going to sign up for a small package of lessons with Golftec because I liked the pro and the video eval equipment was pretty cool.

If you do go down this route, be prepared to take a couple steps backward with your game if you hope to improve and fix problems with your swing....

Back