Floppy indoor golf ball

Rusty Dave

#staffproto
Reaction score
Handicap
Anyone used these? I'm trying to find something I can use in my basement to practice short game shots with. I have foam balls but I find they don't do a great job.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have not, but its interesting that it says it spins like a real ball. Id be curious to try it.

I might buy the 4 pack on Amazon. They are expensive but might be worthwhile. The foam ones spin way too easy.

doesn't show what kind of balls you use on my computer, and JB obviously can see them or the link. What kind are they? Almost golf balls are what I use, and they do spin as close to a real ball as I can tell, but I'm hitting indoors so hard to tell.

doesn't show what kind of balls you use on my computer, and JB obviously can see them or the link. What kind are they? Almost golf balls are what I use, and they do spin as close to a real ball as I can tell, but I'm hitting indoors so hard to tell.

The floppy is like a hard hacky sack vs a foam ball. It's much softer than the Almost golf balls. They are fun to hit flop shots and high chips with in the house. The almost golf balls are way too hard to do this with (I've dented wall on bladed chips).

The Floppy: Fun to hit pitches and chips and flops into the ceiling, doesn't really break anything but leaves a mark when they get dirty. Also, they break pretty easy if you hit them hard, so don't do that.
Almost Golf Balls: Fun to hit into a cheap net and will get picked up by launch monitors (Skytrak, GC2) and give you decent ball flight readings. Last pretty long but eventually get all chewed up looking.

I might buy the 4 pack on Amazon. They are expensive but might be worthwhile.

Sad thing is there are times when my game is so off I could probably lose all 4 of them while playing into a net in my basement, especially if they are expensive.."Who put that pond in my house?".....hahaha

The floppy is like a hard hacky sack vs a foam ball. It's much softer than the Almost golf balls. They are fun to hit flop shots and high chips with in the house. The almost golf balls are way too hard to do this with (I've dented wall on bladed chips).

The Floppy: Fun to hit pitches and chips and flops into the ceiling, doesn't really break anything but leaves a mark when they get dirty. Also, they break pretty easy if you hit them hard, so don't do that.
Almost Golf Balls: Fun to hit into a cheap net and will get picked up by launch monitors (Skytrak, GC2) and give you decent ball flight readings. Last pretty long but eventually get all chewed up looking.

So do you recommend them to help groove a proper flop shop?

Anyone used these? I'm trying to find something I can use in my basement to practice short game shots with. I have foam balls but I find they don't do a great job.

I guess I'm the outlier here - they feel and look absolutely nothing like a real golf ball. Imagine something that looks like a pitiful, deflated, squishy, netting covered bean bag and you'd be pretty close. The weight and the material is all wrong and when they land they just go thud and sit there - no spin - nothing. In fact if you could imagine something as far removed from a golf ball as possible and still be a "ball" this is probably close to what you'd come up with.
Other than swinging the club I can't imagine there is any benefit to using these. Its the same as those hackey-sacks without the cool colors.
Get the Almost Golf Balls I have a dozen+ and they are much-much better.

Send me a PM and I'l sell you mine for a really good price! (I realize this isn't the best sales pitch)

Update - You can buy hackey sacks by the dozens on Amazon for cheap! - http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000LL42BG?psc=1

I got them for a Xmas gift a couple years ago. Didn't really get anything out of it. Had more fun busting them open with full 7 iron swings.

Thanks for saving me the cash boys!

Back