Journey to Break 85

43/48

Started out really well and then just crapped the bed. I'm annoyed with it. Started with a double on 9 and went straight downhill. Good thing I had the shotmaker so I was able to miss 80% of the fairways.
Thats a good front 9 score. What club are you hitting off the tee thats missing?

43/48

Started out really well and then just crapped the bed. I'm annoyed with it. Started with a double on 9 and went straight downhill. Good thing I had the shotmaker so I was able to miss 80% of the fairways.

Dude a 91 is not that bad. And that last sentence made me lol. You are getting lower. I think it speaks volumes that you are now mad at a 91. I think 85 will be your outing scores

43/48

Tried to give you rep for this but I have to spread it around first. Stupid shotmaker, sorry man you had a good round going until the end there.

Tried to give you rep for this but I have to spread it around first. Stupid shotmaker, sorry man you had a good round going until the end there.

I repped him for it.

SuperTri with the Shotmaker installed. It seems to work on the range, but two rounds tell me that I'm better off without it on the course. Not always missing by alot, but missing.

Well, at least I got some rep haha. I hit some great wedge shots today. Hit some putts too. Just wasn't great with irons or the driver. Such is golf I guess :)

43/48

Don't let it get to you Hawk. There is nothing wrong with a 91. It sounds like you and I are very similar on the course, and I really hope we can get a round in this May.

For sure buddy. Did you steal my draw? Or was it the Shotmaker? Either way, I want it back.

For sure buddy. Did you steal my draw? Or was it the Shotmaker? Either way, I want it back.

Definitely the Shotmaker. I need someone to teach me how to control this thing. It's like a backwards ball flight for me.

so I shot 88 on Sunday with a crazy 50-38

Came back last night and shot a 39 on the back, which paired up with a leftover front 9 45, gives me 84!

yeah wasnt sure where I stood, counted it up for the 39 then started thinking about the dumb 3 putt I took and the 2 toppers I hit when my kids started screaming in my backswing LOL

Going out today. Feel pretty good. But that's usually a bad sign lol

MattyCaulk Aka Hawk hunter

Good luck Matty!

Sent via Tapatalk

43/48

I'm proud of you Hawk. that is a wonderful score.

Came back last night and shot a 39 on the back, which paired up with a leftover front 9 45, gives me 84!

Very nice.

Going out today. Feel pretty good. But that's usually a bad sign lol

MattyCaulk Aka Hawk hunter

Positive thinking Caulkster!!!!!

That is awesome Mike!

89 yesterday. 49-40. i can never start off good. on the back i had a birdie, 3 pars, 4 bogeys and a double. not bad i guess since it was the first time i ever played the course. The fairways were actually in good shape. The front my approch shots and putting killed me. ill be out tomorrow on league but ill be lucky to break 100, i suck on league

That is awesome Mike!

thanks, the swing tip really helped me out. Now I just have to master then front 9 at my place, I think my low on it is like a 45, its longer than the back thanks for a 600 yard par 5 that Iev been playing a 3W on lately, obviously ive missed the driver most on it

Great back 9 there, Matty. It's tough to start strong sometimes, but I think you'll get there soon enough.

Nice rounds everyone. I played as a single today, hitting two balls. After the round, I was excited about how many great shots I hit, then I realized I played an equivalent of TWO rounds, so it was kind of average I guess. Here are some things I realized today:

I don't drink coffee much anymore. It's NOT a good idea to get a tall coffee and drink most of it 30 minutes before a 7:20am round. I was very jittery for the first three holes.

I played the blue tees today on a course where I've only ever played the white. Blue distance was 6580. the whites on this course are 6053 and I really think that's too short. I didn't figure that the 500+ yards would be that different spread over 18 holes - well I was wrong about that! I had some fun and it certainly meant the course played differently for me. I had two 235 yard par 3 holes. What I found was that I had longer shots into greens (obviously) but I also found that I sprayed the ball more from the tee trying to hit it harder/longer. I hit some great shots with my Taylormade CB 4 and 5 iron today. It felt great to do that!

I realized I need much more practice out of the sand.

I did that thing where you place the club across your chest to see if you're aiming properly. I realized I need to do that much more often. I was changing my alignment slightly because of it, and I was hitting greens, and hitting centers of fairways.

I realized that I've been posting here for about five months now, and I don't really know what I'm talking about! I try to be honest in my posts and give opinions based on my experience. But I haven't taken my game seriously enough and haven't tried enough gear to really have "valid" opinions. I might just shut up for awhile, we'll see.

I realized that my new Adams a7 4 hybrid is a sweet club and I can hit it high, straight and long, and work it when I want.

I realized that when I hit a draw with my irons, that it's mostly by accident. I realized that when I hit a draw with my driver, that I can do it at will and on purpose. I have no idea why it's different for me, but it is.

I realized that golfing alone is pretty cool, but playing two balls made me focus a little bit less, which wasn't a good thing for my score.

That's enough rambling for now. Hope you all have a pleasant weekend.

That was a nice summary of what's going on in your game at the moment, Rob! I like to play a mix of blues and whites to add/subtract yardages at times. Playing 6500 is definitely a challenge for me.

Don't hesitate to share you thoughts and opinions :)

Thanks Hawk! I started keeping my handicap about a year ago. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not, but it's what I did. On my third Par 3 hole that was over 200 yards, I thought quite seriously about doing a "combo round" of whites and blue tees on this course, but it's not rated for slope that way so I don't think I could enter my round for handicapping. But I think when I'm out for fun that this is exactly what I'm going to do. 6200-6300 is perfect for me at age 52 and a bit of a slower swing speed.

Yeah, I'll probably keep sharing my thoughts and opinions. I just need to make sure I know what I'm talking about. My epiphany came yesterday on my round playing the CB irons. CG13 (Matt) has been comparing the R11 irons to the CBs and has stated the CBs feel harsh to him. I've been posting for months how much I'm enjoying them and how much they're helping me improve my game. I thought Matt was off in his opinion. I hit a GREAT 5 iron shot from about 175 yards, over a water hazard, ball flight was pin-seeking the whole way. Ball dropped 5 feet past the pin and rested 3 feet beyond the pitch mark. I must have hit it right on the sweet spot, and and after the elation of my shot passed, all I could think was "Wow, Matt was right, these CBs are sorta harsh." So I realized that I need to get beyond my preconceived notions, and look harder at what is really happening.

Hi Yoccos. It's been quiet here lately

Hi Yoccos. It's been quiet here lately

It has, after my last couple of rounds, I need to join this thread more often. CL, if I keep playing this poorly, you are going to win our bet going away. Fortunatly it hasn't affected my HC yet, but a couple more bad scores like that will.

Back