TaylorMade Ghost Spider Putter

Just picked up a 34" center shafted spider for a song.

Might have to cut it down to putt Putt size - and throw an ionic on it- but can't wait to get out on the course with it.

Might have to cut it down to putt Putt size - and throw an ionic on it- but can't wait to get out on the course with it.

awesome i would def throw a iomic on it i did and LOVE it. My buddy has a center shaft one and we already agreed were switching the next round we play i never played a center shaft and i really wanna try it out.

i had a great round and a pretty good round with my spider today quite a few long 1 putts i feel like i can make almost anything but im still burning to many edges i think im close to putting lights out with this putter. i actually bought a nike method 004 on ebay last week and only used it on the practice green and sold it to my buddy today cause i realized the Ghost Spider isn't going anywhere for a while.

you roll that thing well man....you're nuts if you consider putting something else in your bag

awesome i would def throw a iomic on it i did and LOVE it. My buddy has a center shaft one and we already agreed were switching the next round we play i never played a center shaft and i really wanna try it out.

i had a great round and a pretty good round with my spider today quite a few long 1 putts i feel like i can make almost anything but im still burning to many edges i think im close to putting lights out with this putter. i actually bought a nike method 004 on ebay last week and only used it on the practice green and sold it to my buddy today cause i realized the Ghost Spider isn't going anywhere for a while.

you roll that thing well man....you're nuts if you consider putting something else in your bag

thanks yeah i just have a putter ***** problem more than anything. i only have like 5 other options if i ever decided to change putters lol. This isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

Picked up a heal shafted spider and it lives up to the hype. Between the alignment and white club you can't miss from 5-10 feet out.

Made allot of crucial putts today, this putter continues to impress me. Another round with out a 3 jack, i went from 3 jacking usually once a round to once every 3 or 4 rounds, sometimes longer. Sure me playing allot has helped but i give allot of credit to the putter

had another great round today with my spider... 32 putts with 6 1 putts with another 3 that just missed cause i didn't hit it hard enough. i have never been putting so well in my entire life. i know my lessons and me changing my putting approach and routine has helped but i think my spider has a lot to do with it also. so confident standing over putts anymore even at 20 feet i think i have a chance to drain them. its the best feeling. Also finally got a chance to hit the center shaft in GG the other day i liked it dunno which one i like more but my buddy has one and next time we are out were gonna switch for a round and try the other.

I got me a 43 inch (Belly) Ghost Spider coming and will post my thoughts once I give her a spin or two.

I got me a 43 inch (Belly) Ghost Spider coming and will post my thoughts once I give her a spin or two.

Nice! I think you'll really like it.

I finally got mine out to the practice facility today. First time putting this Center shafted beauty on a real green and I can tell you right now, I like it. What an effortless stroke it takes to roll the ball. The Pure Roll insert is definitely different from the White Ice insert in the Dart too. It feels much harder and hotter off the face. My initial impressions are good ones. Hopefully I will have the chance to get it on the golf course in the next day or so to really give it a spin where it counts.

You mean the guy that said his putting was as good as it has ever been since he found a gooseneck hosel, all the sudden lost it again and is going belly? No way.

I finally got mine out to the practice facility today. First time putting this Center shafted beauty on a real green and I can tell you right now, I like it. What an effortless stroke it takes to roll the ball. The Pure Roll insert is definitely different from the White Ice insert in the Dart too. It feels much harder and hotter off the face. My initial impressions are good ones. Hopefully I will have the chance to get it on the golf course in the next day or so to really give it a spin where it counts.

These putters just sit good to me and inspire confidence from the get go. I love the look at address and it promotes more of a pendulum stroke which for me equals more consistency on the greens. Looking forward to your take as you get more time in with it.

I'm playing with original spider since 2008. Year ago I have changed the grip on it to a jumbo one from Win. It is an awesome putter, but I'm really lusting on the Ghost version. It does seem to provide more confidence...

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

nice OG guy Kevin and i got paired up with today Caddy from Pine Valley in NJ said hes gonna order one soon said he really liked it a lot when he hit it. im with Kevin i dunno if id ever use one full time but id like to try it and see what all the hypes about.

Anyone put some heavier weights in theirs? I like heavy putters, easier to keep square imo

Good stuff. This putter keeps calling my name and it's taking all of my willpower not to buy one at the moment. I'm a big fan of the Pure Roll insert myself.

Looking forward to your on the course thoughts with it.

Where'd you find it? I may be in the market for one - heel shafted though I think.

Hit this thing for half an hour in Golf Town today and "Wow!" is all I can say. I never thought I'd go for one of these futuristic looking putters, but the roll I was putting on the ball was amazing. It was down to this and the Backstryke which I also liked.

My ghost spider arrived yesterday and I spent a lot of time rolling some putts in my basement last night. I love this thing! I practiced from 8' with the GS and my TM180. I definitely made more putts with the GS. I think the weighting is perfect for me and the head flows nicely through the stroke. I can't wait to get it on the course and game it this weekend. I am interested to see how I do with some longer lag putts. I seemed to make a lot of long putts in Golf Galaxy when I first tried this putter out. I hope I have similar success on the course.

My ghost spider arrived yesterday and I spent a lot of time rolling some putts in my basement last night. I love this thing! I practiced from 8' with the GS and my TM180. I definitely made more putts with the GS. I think the weighting is perfect for me and the head flows nicely through the stroke. I can't wait to get it on the course and game it this weekend. I am interested to see how I do with some longer lag putts. I seemed to make a lot of long putts in Golf Galaxy when I first tried this putter out. I hope I have similar success on the course.

The lag putts are effortless with this putter, that and inside 6 foot has really improved for me, of course i still have bad putts like anybody but they are few and far between now

The lag putts are effortless with this putter, that and inside 6 foot has really improved for me, of course i still have bad putts like anybody but they are few and far between now

Nice man. I was just downstairs again rolling this around. I am standing a little taller and the ball is coming off the face really nicely. I was thinking about cutting it down to my normal length, 33.75, but think I am going to game it at 35". I can't wait to get this on a real green.

Nice man. I was just downstairs again rolling this around. I am standing a little taller and the ball is coming off the face really nicely. I was thinking about cutting it down to my normal length, 33.75, but think I am going to game it at 35". I can't wait to get this on a real green.

I have the 35" as well and surprisingly when im hunched over it works best for me, thought about maybe getting mine cut down as well but its working so good I would hate to mess with it. This putter stays so square through out the stroke, its so stable

When I've rolled these 35" spiders in store they fit me like my 34" Ping fits right now. When I go to the 34" Spider is seems too short.

When I've rolled these 35" spiders in store they fit me like my 34" Ping fits right now. When I go to the 34" Spider is seems too short.

I had the same sensation today.

My GS is a 33... bought as a demo within about 2 weeks of its initial release so there was no wear at all hardly. Found that I hunch over a bit anyway and with my old 35" I just ended up choking up a bit.

Love the feel still and i'm used to the putter now and have been rolling in some great shots.

Got the spider today- tore the grip off and put a midsize iomic with 4 wraps of tape under it on.

Cut 4 inches off

Added 2x 8 gram weights to the head

1x 100 gram opti-vibe weight to the shaft

1x 20 gram tour lock pro weight to cap it off

Love it! Perfect size; weighting is incredible and the head just aligns so well.

0eaa590b.jpg

Original 35" center shaft ghost spider

bfd7f911.jpg

With the grip off- and 4 inches removed from shaft

be6aba7b.jpg

Tape and iomic installed

35d38c50.jpg

Ready to install the weights

b43fac25.jpg

7ec45046.jpg

All finished and ready for the course!

Love the look of that Ghost CG. Interesting length on the putter, obviously it works, but any specific reason you like it to be shorter?

...just tap it in...

Back