2015 NFL Draft Thread

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
This will be the thread dedicated to all things NFL Draft. Combine going on and figured it was the right time to give it a start.

• Admin
Chris Conley is very prepared for this combine.
Ran fast.
Jumped like Spiderman.

• Admin
He was never going to be a speed or vertical guy. His throwing has been on point.

Although sluggish and heavy in the 40 and vertical tests, Winston seems to be doing pretty well at throwing as well as the IQ test. Like, really good at the IQ test.

Also said to have improved his release and foot work from last season.

Not surprised at the lack of speed and jumping. He's been able to scramble but mostly used his weight and frame for the yardage, not speed.

http://www.bucsnation.com/2015/2/21/8082971/jameis-winstons-football-iq-compared-to-peyton-manning

also has a potential shoulder issue with some weakness found during the physical. If I am a team looking for a QB I am hoping Marriota falls to my spot

• Admin
also has a potential shoulder issue with some weakness found during the physical. If I am a team looking for a QB I am hoping Marriota falls to my spot

Im glad you are a Buffalo fan. :alien:

He was never going to be a speed or vertical guy. His throwing has been on point.

Exactly, never been his skill. Throwing on hand has and thank god it improved over last season. He was very unlike himself for most of games, and then woke up.

• Admin
Listening to some of these guys talk about the throws taking place.
Nick Marshall simply cannot throw a quick out. Its hysterical and you feel bad for the guy. Watching him not be able to drop back and throw it 15 yards is not good.
M Squared struggled with it as well. Think its more about these guys that do not play in an offense where you have to drop back.

• Admin
Deep fade separates the men from the boys at the combine. Warner talking about Winston just now as if he was throwing the best passes he has seen in years. M Squared coming up shortly.

Edit: Mariota threw 2 out of the 3 really really well.

Im glad you are a Buffalo fan. :alien:
my boys don't have a first round pick after giving it to Cleveland in a trade not that they would trade up to take wither of these two guys.

After the the music city miracle I have no hope that this team will ever amount to more than 9-7 team if lucky. Seein what Pegulas has done with the sabers I have no doubt the bills will suck for awhile

Do you think it will be hard to invest a high pick on Jamison?

Do you think it will be hard to invest a high pick on Jamison?

Not at all. If he doesn't go first, there will be about 20 scouts that are literally shocked.

I am fascinated watching this. I am also learning so much, I never really paid attention to this side of things. I am truly enjoying it.

I will be shocked if Nick Marshall's stock is not going down after today.

I love watching the mock draft change right after the combines. I'm a Jets fan and most mocks have Marcus Mariota going at 6 but I doubt he will be there. If he is, I'm hoping to trade down with Philly and get some draft picks and maybe Foles too.

I will be shocked if Nick Marshall's stock is not going down after today.

As a QB? Or CB? I was surprised to see him going thru the QB drills, honestly, but apparently there was enough interest out there of people that wanted to see him through.

He is in no way a NFL QB, and will be good to make it with a team as an extra CB.

Winston and Mariota both on set and both thriving off each other. Love the humility and the competition. You can tell they get along and enjoy what they each bring.

As a QB? Or CB? I was surprised to see him going thru the QB drills, honestly, but apparently there was enough interest out there of people that wanted to see him through.

He is in no way a NFL QB, and will be good to make it with a team as an extra CB.

As a QB. Teams requested it and he ran through the drills and they did not go well. He will get drafted and make a team, but I would be shocked if its as a QB at this point. Simple Quick outs were sailing out of bounds and the deep out was even worse. Be interested to see if he can work out at another position before leaving, but I am not sure he will. Mayock pretty much summed it up (and the entire QB position).

As a QB. Teams requested it and he ran through the drills and they did not go well. He will get drafted and make a team, but I would be shocked if its as a QB at this point. Simple Quick outs were sailing out of bounds and the deep out was even worse. Be interested to see if he can work out at another position before leaving, but I am not sure he will. Mayock pretty much summed it up (and the entire QB position).

Surprised there was so much interest. He could launch the ball downfield, but his outs and touch passes were always off mark. Meh is a hurry up, fast paced QB that thrived off misdirection, something that would not translate to the league.

Hope the best for the guy, though.

Listening to Winston talk about Mariota is pretty awesome. These guys are the type that are so much fun to watch through the process.

Bucs have a hard choice ahead of them.

I love watching the mock draft change right after the combines. I'm a Jets fan and most mocks have Marcus Mariota going at 6 but I doubt he will be there. If he is, I'm hoping to trade down with Philly and get some draft picks and maybe Foles too.

i am pretty sure philly would like to have him in their offense. Not sure Foles makes jets any better without a good running back and receiving corp

i am pretty sure philly would like to have him in their offense. Not sure Foles makes jets any better without a good running back and receiving corp

I agree but Foles is better than Smith right now and with new brain trust we might just be able to turn the corner. C.J. Spiller loves Chan Gailey so there is a chance he signs with the Jets and don't forget about Ivory. Our WRs are a problem.

I'll be curious to see how high Ameer is drafted, sounds like he's impressing so far.

I'll be curious to see how high Ameer is drafted, sounds like he's impressing so far.

The combines is where those who WANT to play come to play. Like I said before, the combines will be changing a lot of minds and I think Ameer will change many minds.

Back