TaylorMade Rescue 11 Hybrid Review Thread

Only hit 1 Rescue 11 shot today, first tee 190 yards into a strong wind to leave a 70 yard approach shot.

I love this club, even without properly warming up it was so easy to hit it where I wanted

Yes, adjusting the loft will adjust the face angle. Lowering the loft closes the face angle, and increasing the loft opens the face angle. I typically just try to keep everything neautral and adjust the ball flight with my swing.

Question for you all, when your adjusting your loft on the hybrid, does it mess with the lie also?

Yes, adjusting the loft will adjust the face angle. Lowering the loft closes the face angle, and increasing the loft opens the face angle. I typically just try to keep everything neautral and adjust the ball flight with my swing.

Lowering the loft opens the face angle, raising the loft closes the face angle, its the same as the driver and other adjustable drivers.

I just wanted to say im still loving this club, its still in the bag and will be for a long time. I just did a little upgrade to this hybrid and when im allowed to mention it I will, im seeing GREAT results so far.

Looking forward to reading about said upgrade. I am also still liking this club. Rarely am I off with this club. If I am, it makes up in the bump and runs.

I have to say that I love the Rescue 11 Hybrid(s). I had two of them for the Morgan Cup, but I have since taken the 2h out of the bag in favor of the 4h and 4iron setup instead. I lowered the loft on the 4h, and that thing is super sweet. I just smooth it out there and it goes forever. Also super easy to hit out of the rough or off the deck. I hit the 4h so well, it is the go to club when I need to hit the FW.

I have to say that I love the Rescue 11 Hybrid(s). I had two of them for the Morgan Cup, but I have since taken the 2h out of the bag in favor of the 4h and 4iron setup instead. I lowered the loft on the 4h, and that thing is super sweet. I just smooth it out there and it goes forever. Also super easy to hit out of the rough or off the deck. I hit the 4h so well, it is the go to club when I need to hit the FW.

I agree belbs, I have the 4/21* as well and its so good out of any lie.

I found the same thing when I tested it...I just wish it was a tad more forgiving otherwise it would've stayed in the bag for me

I found the same thing when I tested it...I just wish it was a tad more forgiving otherwise it would've stayed in the bag for me

Yeah could be more forgiving, but I have grown so confident with it. On par 5s I usually pull the 5h and I know exactly what yardage I'm going to get and what shape the ball will be. I've started to see some wear on the leading edge. I can't see it from address, but I can definately see it after I clean the club.

Yeah could be more forgiving, but I have grown so confident with it. On par 5s I usually pull the 5h and I know exactly what yardage I'm going to get and what shape the ball will be. I've started to see some wear on the leading edge. I can't see it from address, but I can definately see it after I clean the club.

Mine is holding up great, not to bad at all.

After almost a whole season, mine isnt bad. It looks like a club that has been hit, a lot. The metal shows that it has been hit, perhaps because the black face. The one thing with the white clubs, the paint seems to crack easier or it is more noticable. If you get over the fact that these will not look new forever, then its bombs away. Long and high or perfect for B&R's.

Question to those who game this hybrid: How is the consistancy in regards to distance? I am looking for a new hybrid, but I want it to be just an extension of my irons. I am not looking for maximum distance, just for something that I will hit with a consistant distance (abou 215-220). I just had the Callaway Razr X for almost a month and found that even when I hit the ball flush I would get inconsistant ball flight and distance. I guess that is because it is a game improvement hybrid for higher handicappers geared toward forgiveness and max distance etc. I would just like to know how the consistancy is with this hybrid because I heard that it was pretty good.

Question to those who game this hybrid: How is the consistancy in regards to distance? I am looking for a new hybrid, but I want it to be just an extension of my irons. I am not looking for maximum distance, just for something that I will hit with a consistant distance (abou 215-220). I just had the Callaway Razr X for almost a month and found that even when I hit the ball flush I would get inconsistant ball flight and distance. I guess that is because it is a game improvement hybrid for higher handicappers geared toward forgiveness and max distance etc. I would just like to know how the consistancy is with this hybrid because I heard that it was pretty good.

Some had trouble with the consistent distances if i remember correctly but I never did, my distance with the 4/21* only varies maybe 5-10 yards on full swings depending where on the face i hit it, Its a very consistent hybrid IMO. Consistent ball flight, distance, feel, sound, everything. Hope that helps

I have been gaming this hybrid for a few months, and I game it for the reasons you are looking for...I had too big of a gap between my 3i and my 3-wood. I needed something that I could hit consistently around 215-220, and this club has given me exactly that. I typically stike my clubs well, and when this club is hit well it is as accurate as any other club. However, it depends what exactly you are looking for, because this is not the most forgiving club, so if you don't tend to strike the ball well every time then it may not be for you and you might not see the consistency. If you tend to miss the sweet spot more than you'd like to, then I would suggest the Mashie, it has a little bit more forgiveness.

Thanks to both of you. I'm not looking for much forgiveness. I want my hybrid to play like a 3 iron, but obviously easier to hit because it's a hybrid. Good, quick feedback guys. I appreciate it.

Some had trouble with the consistent distances if i remember correctly but I never did, my distance with the 4/21* only varies maybe 5-10 yards on full swings depending where on the face i hit it, Its a very consistent hybrid IMO. Consistent ball flight, distance, feel, sound, everything. Hope that helps

+1 from me.

This hybrid is a beast for me. Gone are the big draws and hooks I had from the Mashie

No issues for me, as long as I hit the club properly. I found that the club is not overly forgiving. So, if I swing too hard and miss the middle of the club, my distances were about 20 yards short of normal.

Face wear. Can you tell where my typical miss is?

DSC00128.jpg

Leading edge.

DSC00130.jpg

Thanks for the picture Blu. I miss the opposite of you, I'd rather have your miss haha. leads to less club repair. You're only losing about 20 yards on those mishits?

Thanks for the picture Blu. I miss the opposite of you, I'd rather have your miss haha. leads to less club repair. You're only losing about 20 yards on those mishits?

Yeah, about 20 yards. I also get a huge draw when I miss off of the toe. Which doesn't really hurt the game.

If I miss high or low on the clubface, I lose more yards. I would not be exaggerating if I said 70 yards.

It used to be automatic for me from 185-190..and it's the best hybrid I've ever chipped with too. Best.feeling.ever.

Yeah, about 20 yards. I also get a huge draw when I miss off of the toe. Which doesn't really hurt the game.

If I miss high or low on the clubface, I lose more yards. I would not be exaggerating if I said 70 yards.

Thats a lot of yardage but if your misses are still playable thats a good thing.

However, the most positive thing I can say about the club at this point is the audible and tactile feedback. The sound and feel are special. I was asked by other golfers at the range if the feel was as good as the sound. It is. The confidence I got from that sound was palpable. I wanted to reproduce that sound. Hitting the club flushly was always rewarded.

It used to be automatic for me from 185-190..and it's the best hybrid I've ever chipped with too. Best.feeling.ever.

Yeah the feel, and the sound, is amazing from this hybrid. I even made comment to it in my first write-up.

Thats a lot of yardage but if your misses are still playable thats a good thing.

Because my missed are playable 90% of the time, this club is a huge confidence booster. I know that if I miss my shot, I will still be left with something usable. On Par 5s I am using my 5h on my second shot. A good hit leaves me with a small wedge in, a miss leaves me with a full 9i. Pretty safe that way.

Because my missed are playable 90% of the time, this club is a huge confidence booster. I know that if I miss my shot, I will still be left with something usable. On Par 5s I am using my 5h on my second shot. A good hit leaves me with a small wedge in, a miss leaves me with a full 9i. Pretty safe that way.

I think thats a different kind of "forgiveness" these clubs seem to offer some that can get overlooked. If someone said to me, I may lose 50 yards ona mishit but it was still straighter and playable than other mishits, I might be inclined to give it more of a shot.

I'm still confused as to what the 8 different settings are.

1) STD loft SQ face< STD lie<
2) 1/2* less loft? 1* open? STD lie<
lower 3) 1* less loft 2* open STD lie<
4) ? ? ?
upright5) STD loft? SQ face<? 1* upright
6) ? ? ?
higher 7) 1* more loft 2* closed STD lie<
8) 1/2* more loft? 1* closed? STD lie<

Supposedly the lie angle is adjustable + or - 1*. If so, which setting is 1* flat?

Back