Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like #2 Jman

New ponder! A set of these! They look amazing and I already love the Iomic sticky series grips. Wish they weren't out of stock. Guess I have to play the waiting game.
blkops.bl.jpg

I was pondering a G series SF Tech 10* driver until I saw the prices Ping are charging here in Thailand. I could get 15 hours of lessons for pretty much the same price. There is a $140 difference between ordering a new one from Second swing with the shaft I want compared to buying here with a shaft I do not want. I have no clue as to why the prices are so inflated here.

i went to the range this morning to test dg pro s300 vs dg pro r300 vs modus tour 130 s. it was one of those tiger mornings where my glutes weren't activated. well, maybe not glutes but something in my core wasn't. i know we joke about it, but there are definitely days that as soon as i get out of bed and just know i won't have any power in my swing. it's weird.

the nippons were hookers. left going left every time. could be a lie angle thing with that particular club's build, but both the 7i and 5i did the same thing. not as explosive as the dg pros, so while i like the idea of the modus, they're not for my swing.

i have dozens of rounds and probably over a thousand range balls under my belt with my r300s, so they have a distinct advantage over the s300. but i did really like the dispersion of the s300s. a part of me feels like having no speed or power today didn't do the s300s any favors, but maybe that's a good thing so i can see which shaft gives me the most when i'm off. so that's question: do you fit to your best, or do you fit to your worst?

i'll go to my fitter on monday to get some numbers. the dg pro s300s may be in my future. the numbers won't lie!

Great Big Bertha Driver head (9/10.5?)
Vokey SM6 wedges
Bridgestone golf balls...

I'm in the middle of an SM6 ponder. Now onto Steel Gray 50F, 54S, and 58K.

It's a classy looking bag.

Always liked Yes! Putters..this one looks pretty sweet..

cece46dd75c491150632b0a2e5e82263.jpg
0f620e9a75985a8451bfb8e45d5c73a7.jpg
f2c8c38e77ad9fda6b7d784a445e1934.jpg

I have always liked the Yes! putter lines (the versions under Adams, with the slots, I was not a fan of). This one looks nice. Where did you see these?

I'm in the middle of an SM6 ponder. Now onto Steel Gray 50F, 54S, and 58K.

I just got the matching 50 from ping for my g iron set so I'm thinking I might be able to get away with a 56 for now. Otherwise 54/56.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The last golf bag I bought was probably 5 years ago, but need a new one since my stand bag broke. There are a few limitations:
  1. shipping to Puerto Rico
  2. cost (new baby means new budget realities)
  3. Needs to have a stand mechanism for the range
  4. Will be used in either a cart or push cart; never walk
  5. Would like a large top (9" - 10") in case I want to take Alignments sticks, a Tour Striker to the range, extra clubs to try out, etc

Sports Authority is closing up shop and they just started clearing out equipment. The two that caught my eye are the Ogio Grom and the Callaway Fusion 14. I would prefer to not have the 14 way top, but didn't find any locally that met the above criteria and did not have the 14 way top. The Grom is priced at 150, while the Fusion is at 210. Right now the clearance is at 20% off but I'm thinking I can wait until it's at 30 or 40%. Is the Fusion that significantly better than the Grom?

I would like this bag to last at least 3 years so I am willing to splurge on the Callaway if it is much better. I prefer the looks of the Callaway but wouldn't justify the extra cost based on looks alone.

The last golf bag I bought was probably 5 years ago, but need a new one since my stand bag broke. There are a few limitations:
  1. shipping to Puerto Rico
  2. cost (new baby means new budget realities)
  3. Needs to have a stand mechanism for the range
  4. Will be used in either a cart or push cart; never walk
  5. Would like a large top (9" - 10") in case I want to take Alignments sticks, a Tour Striker to the range, extra clubs to try out, etc

Sports Authority is closing up shop and they just started clearing out equipment. The two that caught my eye are the Ogio Grom and the Callaway Fusion 14. I would prefer to not have the 14 way top, but didn't find any locally that met the above criteria and did not have the 14 way top. The Grom is priced at 150, while the Fusion is at 210. Right now the clearance is at 20% off but I'm thinking I can wait until it's at 30 or 40%. Is the Fusion that significantly better than the Grom?

I would like this bag to last at least 3 years so I am willing to splurge on the Callaway if it is much better. I prefer the looks of the Callaway but wouldn't justify the extra cost based on looks alone.

I really like my Ogio Grom bag, I can't say much about how long it will last because I've only had it for a few months. I chose it mainly because I like the storage of the bag, it's practical. I know you said it doesn't matter much to you but the carry straps are very comfortable also and the stand legs seem pretty sturdy. I also really like that the ball pouch doesn't have a zipper, but if you overfill it it won't close all the way. So I only carry what will fit and if I want to carry extras there is plenty of room in other pockets. Good luck, hope you find what works best for you!

you go that one I'll take this one:

bags-2016-hyper-lite-5-stand_13979___1.png

They both look awesome, but I'd take the red one.

After my iron fitting today, I'm pondering what the top of my bag will look like. Hit the Apex hybrid, and maybe I was just gassed but didn't have a ton of luck with it. Will see what the gapping looks like on the course. What I do know is that whatever I go with from here on out will be using a heavier shaft option.

Thinking about a Piretti CottonWood II

Putters always need more putters. Also need another HZRDUS even though the one I ordered is not here yet I want to do some testing

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Putters always need more putters. Also need another HZRDUS even though the one I ordered is not here yet I want to do some testing

Haha give me all the putters and hzrdus!

It's on my radar now too.

Yeah for more putters!!!!

Yeah for more putters!!!!

I wish I desired more putters but I am terrible with all of them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Basically every club in the bag...

I'll trade you my putting game for your tee game.

This is a good offer.

I'm pondering fairways. Pretty much happy with every other club in my bag but my 4W. Have space for an extra club, so thinking of going back to two fairways. The question is, which fairways?

XR16 4w.

I approve.I know how much weight that carries haha

After a back and forth w/ Kang this past week and seeing the flightscope numbers vs the on course off the deck results, I just need more loft. No doubt the length will be there but without the added height for carry its a losing battle for me

After a back and forth w/ Kang this past week and seeing the flightscope numbers vs the on course off the deck results, I just need more loft. No doubt the length will be there but without the added height for carry its a losing battle for me

I like it dude. Bit extra launch will be real good for you

I like it dude. Bit extra launch will be real good for you

Yeah I'm definitely taking your advice on this. Softer shaft with more loft =

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back