Cleveland Launcher Ultralite Driver & FW

10 out of 14 fairways this morning with the launcher . The ball flight on this thing is so pretty. It just amazes me how easy it is to hit , par might not be so far fetched now, Did i say how pretty the ball flight is?

10 out of 14 fairways this morning with the launcher . The ball flight on this thing is so pretty. It just amazes me how easy it is to hit , par might not be so far fetched now, Did i say how pretty the ball flight is?

Nice work, 10 out of 14 Id take all day long!

Hit the SL290 at the store when I was looking at the Ultralite 7W I ended up buying. The 290 is a beast! Great sound, great feel, and great distance! I was consistently putting the ball out about 240 yards or so which is pretty darn decent for me). SS hovering around the 100mph mark so next I'd like to try a stiff shaft as the one I was hitting was a reg. Man, I liked that club. It very well could end up in the bag. SuperTri is putting up a fight though. I was hitting it very well at the range last night. We'll have to see.

Man I wanted to update this thread, because I've been playing the SL 290 driver lately and couldn't believe its only 24 pages. This driver is a beast, plain and simple. I've never driven the ball as well in my life as I have with this driver, and while the shaft plays a big part in this, I have had Miyazaki shafts in other drivers before and I never hit them this well. I'm hitting the ball high, long and straight with the SL 290 and those are all good things for me.

Best sounding driver as well since the R9 which I still think is the best sounding driver ever made, but this one is close. I think feel is very closely related to sound, so to me this driver just "feels' great.

I also had some time yesterday to hit this driver in a sim while I was waiting for some club work to be done, and while it was not a launch monitor, it did show me numbers that backed up what I've been seeing on the course.

People really need to check this driver out and give it a swing, its that good.

Man I wanted to update this thread, because I've been playing the SL 290 driver lately and couldn't believe its only 24 pages. This driver is a beast, plain and simple. I've never driven the ball as well in my life as I have with this driver, and while the shaft plays a big part in this, I have had Miyazaki shafts in other drivers before and I never hit them this well. I'm hitting the ball high, long and straight with the SL 290 and those are all good things for me.

Best sounding driver as well since the R9 which I still think is the best sounding driver ever made, but this one is close. I think feel is very closely related to sound, so to me this driver just "feels' great.

I also had some time yesterday to hit this driver in a sim while I was waiting for some club work to be done, and while it was not a launch monitor, it did show me numbers that backed up what I've been seeing on the course.

You've sold me CB...I've got a used one en route to try out. This really is a beautiful club.

You've sold me CB...I've got a used one en route to try out. This really is a beautiful club.

Awesome AD really looking forward to what you think, but I think you're going to love it. Its long, its forgiving and sounds great, with a $250 shaft stock. Don't know what else you would want.

Still loving my SL290! In fact, two ladies I play with have bought the SL290 and the XL270 and they love them too.

After spending the 2011 season with the R11...forgiveness is all I'm looking for. I couldn't care less if I can move it five inches left or right on purpose...just help me hit the ball straighter. :act-up:

Actually, I've been a big fan of Cleveland drivers in the past, and I love that the gold C Kua looks like the old Fujikura shafts they used in the original Launcher line 7-8 years ago.

Still loving my SL290! In fact, two ladies I play with have bought the SL290 and the XL270 and they love them too.

Great stuff Kelly, I can't believe I didn't get one sooner. I hit it at the outing in May and didn't love it, but I was tired at that point and I don't think I was putting a great swing on the ball.

+1 I have been trying to spread the word about the Cleveland goodness wherever I go, but it mostly falls on deaf ears. Maybe the new black one will get more attention. I only carry my drives around 245ish, but it never ceases to amaze me at how little effort is required to hit it that far. It's like effortless power.

+1 I have been trying to spread the word about the Cleveland goodness wherever I go, but it mostly falls on deaf ears. Maybe the new black one will get more attention. I only carry my drives around 245ish, but it never ceases to amaze me at how little effort is required to hit it that far. It's like effortless power.

Completely agree. To be I feel like I can just put a smooth swing on the ball, and it just explodes off the face. I think the weighting is perfect, because even though I know the club is really light, I don't feel like it is.

Completely agree. To be I feel like I can just put a smooth swing on the ball, and it just explodes off the face. I think the weighting is perfect, because even though I know the club is really light, I don't feel like it is.

Yep, whatever balancing they did, it just flat out works, and doesn't feel light when I'm swinging it. It can get ugly if I get jerky, or too fast in transition, but a nice smooth swing really pokes them out there. I still find it hard to believe sometimes and have to double check, but at least once, sometimes two or three times per round, I hit a drive that goes past 270. And that's with the nice smooth swing.

Glad you're liking this driver. I want to hit this thing again. That shaft is one of my favorites.

I'm in the minority on the driver to be honest. It has never done much for me. I've not hit the 310 version yet though, and probably won't. To be honest, the complete overall disappointment in the drivers is what's keeping me from pursuing the 3wood.

I'm in the minority on the driver to be honest. It has never done much for me. I've not hit the 310 version yet though, and probably won't. To be honest, the complete overall disappointment in the drivers is what's keeping me from pursuing the 3wood.

I thought it did great in the driver competition at the outing. I just couldn't handle the distance it was putting out! I only wanted 50 yds and it was giving me like 75.

Great update CB...I've hit this a few times and it just didn't speak to me for some reason. I like to feel a little of the club in my back swing and transition but I always seemed to have my hands race through with this driver as opposed to others I've hit

I ponder no more! That's right, I OEM'd the FL 3wood. I have to tell you guys, I just like to do my research for a bit first. I like to ask questions, get feedback, gather my thoughts, then and only then, can I comfortably pull the trigger.

Thanks for all the input to all of you. I look forward to updating this thread.

I ponder no more! That's right, I OEM'd the FL 3wood. I have to tell you guys, I just like to do my research for a bit first. I like to ask questions, get feedback, gather my thoughts, then and only then, can I comfortably pull the trigger.

TC OEM's something! Nice bro, look forward to your thoughts on it. Im getting mine back out and putting it through its paces against the Nike this weekend.

Awesome stuff TC. I know you don't love the driver, and I agree I don't think it is for everone, and clearly not for you, but I think you will love the 3 wood.

Awesome TC! Let us know how it performs!

TC OEM's something! Nice bro, look forward to your thoughts on it. Im getting mine back out and putting it through its paces against the Nike this weekend.

Thanks Kmac. You sealed the deal with your promise to come through with a headcover.

Awesome TC! Let us know how it performs!

I will buddy. Where's your 3wood?

The 310 I hit the other day is making me re-think playing my 4 plus year old Launcher TI again next year, I may have to get one of these. I have played the best golf of my life with that 46 inch Launcher TI though so it will be a difficult decision to take it out of the bag.

Hahaha... I love it TC! CB great feedback buddy. You've been ravin about this driver and its just flat out performing fo ryou.

Oh snap. TC broke the curse. Nice job!

Oh snap. TC broke the curse. Nice job!

Thanks Hawk. It felt nice and now I'm excited.

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

Back