Forum Testing Signup - Wilson Staff FG Tour V2 Irons

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. What irons do you currently play? Taylormade R7

2. What is your handicap index? 18.4

3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)? True temper dynamic gold steel stiff flex

4. Are you right handed or left handed? Left handed

5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I will start out testing on the range 1 or 2 times a week and Play 18 holes atleast once a week also have a chip and putt setup in my back yard so I can practice with the wedges in my free time. I will be keeping notes while testing and give a full unbiased review of the irons for THP/Wilson staff.
I'm new to THP but I'm looking foreword to being a contributing member and helping better THP.

Most Panther fans are Setho.

haha. I am going to become a Panthers fan. I gotta pull for my new hometown team.

On topic, I think you would do a killer job of testing man. I already like to pick your brain about equipment and it is awesome that these are being offered in lefty.

1. What irons do you currently play?

TaylorMade R9 w/ KBS 90 Stiff, 4 - AW

2. What is your handicap index?

I am currently an 8

3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)?

Steel, Stiff, KBS 90

4. Are you right handed or left handed?

I am right handed

5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP?

I believe that testing is a long term process and it requires multiple trips to the range and course to make an accurate assessment to performance (in other words, hitting a few shots in a simulator is not enough!). I have access to a driving range just a couple of miles from my house, and can get out there multiple times/week. I intend on testing the irons alongside my R9's, and will report on such attributes like distance, trajectory, feel, ability to hit different shots, how the sole interacts between the turf, etc. When on the course, I plan on replacing my R9's with the Wilson's so that I can report on how the Wilson's perform on the course. I am a fairly decent ball striker and feel that I can provide very detailed on course performance assessments which others will find useful. To enhance the testing reviews and feedback, I will provide multiple pictures and videos so that the THP community can get a better sense of the overall performance. I have been a member of THP for I believe 1.5 yrs now and have increased my activity level the past few months, and intend on doing more in the future.

I have been a long time fan of Wilson, and am excited for the recent "renaissance' they are experiencing. My first set ever was a Wilson Staff full set purchased in 1988 - with graphite in the woods! I have recently gamed the Wilson Kirk Currie putter, the Wilson Fybrid (special ordered with the half/half shaft before it was available in that club), and am currently playing the 54* and 58* TW9 Wedges. Special Thanks to Wilson and THP for the opportunity.

Wow, those look really nice in hand! Maybe with a better hand model they would look better, but I guess Quesadilla will do.

1. Taylormade 2009 Burner (1.0) Irons
2. Handicap 13
3. Steel stock Taylormade shafts
4. Right handed
5. I play or practice a minimum of twice a week but usually 3 times a week (range and rounds combined). My testing plan would start at home before even going to the range or course with a direct comparison to my current clubs. This would include comparing loft, lie, shaft length, grips, aesthetics. Pictures and video will be included in this portion.

My first test away from home would involve a range session to get a chance to take several full swings with each club to compare distance. My local range has several targets placed at various distances to aim at so this range session would consist of testing the accuracy of the irons at various distances compared to my current clubs. This would likely be repeated during the weekdays to gauge feel, feedback, forgiveness on several types of shots. A trip to the local golf shop will be made to put these clubs on the monitor for some hard numbers.

On the weekends is when i would generally get out to the course so this is when the oncourse testing would occur. I would put these clubs in play immediately. From the course play i would comment on feel, feedback, forgiveness on real life shot situations, and likely be able to test several different kind of shots such as off the tee, from the fairway, from the rough, approach shots, etc.

I am still fairly new to the forums but i am active. I use this forum as a reference for all my purchases before i buy anything. My contribution points are growing but still not as high as some. I am obviously more active during the golf season as this forum is rich with info on equipment, courses, swing info , etc. i use facebook and twitter daily. I've been hoping to get a chance to test some equipment (any equipment) for a long time! .

Thanks again! this is a great opportunity.

Thank you Wilson Staff and THP for another great opportunity to test clubs.

1. What irons do you currently play? Taylormade R7 4-PW,AW
2. What is your handicap index? 12.5
3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)? I play Steel Shafts, Reg Flex, and they are Taylormade TStep 90 shafts
4. Are you right handed or left handed? I am right handed.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I am on THP everyday reading posts and chiming in when I have something to add. I play twice a week and usually hit the range up once or twice as well. I would post my reviews after each range session or round. I have a twitter account and Facebook and would also post reviews there if it is necessary or I might just to get more word out about THP and Wilson Staff.

Seeing this makes me want to get out my Dad's old Wilson Staff Goosenecks. I learned how to play golf with those irons.

Great to see Wilson Staff providing another great testing opportunity for THP members! I'm a bit of a Wilson Staff fan and have loved the looks of these irons since the first pics were posted on THP! They are almost too pretty to hit!

1. What irons do you currently play? I game Ping G10 irons and spend time practicing with Titleist 704 cb's.
2. What is your handicap index? 16
3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)? Steel, stiff, Ping AWT in the G10's and DG s300's in the Titleist.
4. Are you right handed or left handed? Right
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? Testing would be a minimum of 27 - 36 holes per week, with additional driving range and short iron practice sessions. I have a big golf tournament coming up in mid-October that I'll be putting in extra practice time for.
As for my activity level on THP, If I'm not golfing or working around the yard, then I'm probably logged on. I feel that I'm on here enough that I can provide my thoughts and/or answer any questions in a very timely fashion.

1. What irons do you currently play? Tommy Armour 845 v-31 combo
2. What is your handicap index?12
3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)? Steel, Tru Temper, Tri-Gold, Regular Flex
4. Are you right handed or left handed? Righty
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I get out and play 2-3 rounds a week with range time before each round. The course I generally play has a regulation and a par 3 course that I split my time on. The range I hit at has several large greens that allow different types of shots from different clubs to try out the workability of different types of shots. If chosen for the testing I would be able to give in round feedback while on the course through Tapatalk on the testing thread as well as updates through Facebook and or Twitter, although Twitter would be my preferred choice for updates as far as social media goes. I am very active in browsing on THP and tend to comment on most threads that I read.

Thanks for the opportunity!

Another awesome testing opportunity from THP, thanks THP and Wilson Staff.

Mizuno JPX-800
24 Per OOBgolf.com
Steel True Temper S300
Right
Testing would entail multiple range and on course sessions vs. my current irons looking at feel, distance, accuracy, and general qualities of the iron set. I've been fairly active on THP since I started and plan to be an active participate for a long time.

Another slick looking iron from Wilson...

1. What irons do you currently play? TaylorMade Tour Burner 4-PW
2. What is your handicap index? 7.1
3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)? TT DG S300
4. Are you right handed or left handed? Right-handed
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? If chosen, I plan to take these sticks to the range at least once a week and match them up with my current gamers on all levels. I'm very interested to see if any other irons can match the sweetness of my current set. Fall is my favorite season of golf and I'm squeezing in as many rounds as I can before the snow starts to fall! But even then, I do hit the indoor range a few times a month to keep my swing fresh in the off-season.
My activity level on THP is fair to average.

1. What irons do you currently play? Ping S56

2. What is your handicap index? 5.4

3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)? KBS Tour X Flex

5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I play a round of golf at least once and usually twice a week. I generally hit balls once a week as well. My testing plan would include additionally time at the range early in the process to compare the Wilson FGs to my current set. Additionally, my course generally requires me to hit every club in my bag, as well as a variety of shots, so I feel I could give these irons a good workout. I am on THP everyday reading the threads and offering my input when appropriate. I would use the testing forum as well as twitter and facebook in discussing my testing and opinion on these irons.

1. I play 2010 Wilson FG Tour irons

2. My handicap is 9

3. My shafts are steel DG R300

4. Im right handed

5. I am a new member to this forum. I am very active on my computer and Facebook.
I play twice a week, plus I have a very large field next to my house which is mowed low enough for me to use it as my personal practice range.
I have a laser rangefinder which I use to get accurate yardages on this range.
I have played golf for over 30 years and spend alot of time practicing as well as playing.
I currently own and play the original FG Tour irons with Dynamic gold shafts. I have felt these irons with the DG shafts were head heavy due to the DG's being tip heavy.
I would like to see how the V2 feels with the KBS shafts in them. I have never swung a club with KBS shafts. I know they are balanced differently than the Dynamic golds. The KBS shafts have more weight in the butt section. I think the KBS shafts would feel much better to me than the DG's.
Also, I hate offset irons. I only play little or no offset irons my whole life. I Read the V2 Irons have even less offset than the original ones, which appeals to me.
I would like to compare these two sets of irons with different shafts, side by side, and see how the balance of the club, trajectory, distance, forgiveness, feel, offset,and distance compare to each other.

Last edited:
Great looking irons, nice intro video Yoccos!

1. What irons do you currently play? Taylor Made TP MCs
2. What is your handicap index? 8.7 OOB
3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)? Dynamic Gold DG X-100 steel X stiff
4. Are you right handed or left handed? right handed
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I plan to test these out on the range twice a week and on course 1 to 2 times a week as well. I will be doing a lot of video review as I think these are helpful to the readers for sounds and performance characteristics. I will update the forum thread after each range or round session. My activity level is consistent, with almost all of it under the equipment forum on THP. I will be checking the thread regularly for questions that I can follow up on.

Those things are gorgeous!

1. What irons do you currently play? TM Burner 2.0

2. What is your handicap index? 3.2 ghin

3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)? TM stock steel Stiff

I play at least twice a week and once or twice on the range. These would go into the bag for the duration of the testing and review.
I am on THP almost every day and have a couple of equipment tests under my belt. With over 2200 posts, I think I am pretty active here on THP.

Thanks THP and Wilson for another fantastic opportunity!

Awesome looking irons! Thanks THP and Wilson for this chance to test some great irons.

1. What irons do you currently play? Currently play Wilson Jerry Pate Personal Blades (very outdated). I would not be surprised if I improved my game drastically with newer irons.

2. What is your handicap index? 20

3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)? Steel, Regular Flex, KBS I think (Stickers are missing)?

4. Are you right handed or left handed? Right-handed.

5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I have tried to remain as active as possible. I spend much of my free time here. I am currently still testing for Vision Golf and the GreenSaver repair tool, and have made efforts to test those each weekly. If I were selected, I would keep on track my weekly 9 holes (or more), and make an attempt to get out to the driving range, while giving my thoughts each time I go out with these clubs. I also got a fancy-schmancy camera this past week I could take some videos with.

1. What irons do you currently play? Cobra Carbon CBs 4-PW-DG x100

2. What is your handicap index? 4.9

3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)? Steel DG x100 shafts

4. Are you right handed or left handed? Right handed

2 rounds and 1 range or 2 range 1 round a week depending on who I play with is my current golf schedule.
These would be put throw the process and compared to my current irons in Length, Forgiveness, Look/feel. I might even be able to swing some Free LM time as I have managed to in testing out the nunchuk on my own. All sessions with this clubs would be followed by posts here on the forum and facebook if needed either that night or the next morning, followed by answering any question that would be posted in the thread by other forum members to the best of my ability.
My activity level here on the forum is between 1-3 hours a day of browsing usually, however I seem to be more comfortable these days in posting my thoughts and would like to continue that with some pretty irons to talk about :)

-Currently playing 2011 Adams Redline Irons (3H-5H, 6-PW)

-Current handicap is 23.

-I currently use steel regular flex shaft. Brand: Redline Performance 85

-Left handed

-I have access to a covered and heated driving range with very cheap prices on buckets. Testing would happen a minimum 2-3 times a week at the driving range. Financially I am fortunate enough to support the cost of testing out the irons on the range and course.

Plan would be to do a strict comparison with a before and after shot comparison to my current Adams Redlines. Before and after characteristics to be judged would be distance, feel, response, and forgiveness. I find the best way for me to go about testing this would be to take a number of hits with one club and then take the same number with my current club and see how those numbers pan out with the statistics recorded. Video and photography are two of my side hobbies so pictures and video would be an added feature to the testing plan to help compare the irons on the looks which seem to be a key point in buying clubs now a days. I am not just one to go on looks as you can tell with my Adams Redlines. I'm about what's going to get me to the green in regulation with control and distance and forgiveness on those dreaded mishits.

My activity level on THP is increasing on a daily basis. The website is full of information from golfers above, below and at the same skill level as me. I find myself checking the site daily for more information on how to improve myself as well as on the most recent equipment out there. I think on an amateur level I'd be a great fit to test out the irons.

1. What irons do you currently play? Ping i 10's
2. What is your handicap index? 14 handicap
3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)? steel, stiff, true temper
4. Are you right handed or left handed? Right handed
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I live very close to a golf course and would like to take them to the range 3 or 4 times and then put them into play. I've hit some Di11's before and would love to try these out. I would update the THP after every session.

This is not true.

Testers will be announced Thursday morning.

Didn't see it posted. I stand corrected.

Testers will be announced Thursday morning.

that gives plenty of time for more people to sign up for these gorgeous looking irons.

1. What irons do you currently play? I Play Walter Hagen T3 irons.

2. What is your handicap index? 20-25 estimated, I shoot in the mid 90s.

3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)? I have Metal shafts regular flex. If chosen I would like to play Metal shafts in a Stiff Flex.

4. Are you right handed or left handed? I am right handed

5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? My activity level on THP is around the addiction level. I stalk JB, Hanks, and GG on Twitter. My testing plan will be to take these beauties to the range on avg 2 days a week and the course twice a month. When the winter hits I will hit them indoor also. I will post my thoughts on THP, Twitter, and FB.

Thank you to THP and Wilson Staff for this opportunity!!!!!!!!!

Thank you for the opportunity to test these irons out!

1. What irons do you currently play? Ping i3 Maroon Dot ++, 7.5 degrees upright, +1" shaft, steel x-stiff shafts, 1/16" oversize grip plus two wraps of tape, 3 - LW

2. What is your handicap index? 9.1

3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)? Steel, Extra Stiff, +1" length, JZ steel

5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? Currently I practice once per week religiously (range, chipping, putting) and play about twice per month. I will continue that pattern if chosen for the testing. I check THP at least twice per day and browse the forum regularly.

Thank you again for the opportunity!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back