Uncle P

Reaction score
Handicap
Heading to Denver for a few days tomorrow and might get a chance to play. Any suggestions within a hour or less? Thanks in advance for the help.

I've played Saddle rock and Murphy Creek. I really liked them both because the people were friendly and the course was in very good shape. Enjoy hitting in the high altitude... :D

Arrowhead, Colorado National, Red Hawk Ridge, The Ridge at Castle Pines, Bear Dance <-- All good courses!!

I played at Bear Dance a couple of weeks ago and they had just punched, but I bet they are rolling pretty nice now. It was a beautiful course. I played the next day with milehighgolfer at Fossil Trace and I liked that course as well. It was a bit gimmicky, but really my only complaint is that they had all of the bunkers covered, which I don't know if they would have resolved yet.

I played the Ridge at Castle Pines North just about 3 years ago. It was in good shape for late April (granted I guess conditions vary so much from one year to the next due to weather) and a very interesting layout. Some very good holes, especially from #12 to #18. There is some moster house viewable from #12 tee box, must be nice :drool:

I played the Ridge at Castle Pines North just about 3 years ago. It was in good shape for late April (granted I guess conditions vary so much from one year to the next due to weather) and a very interesting layout. Some very good holes, especially from #12 to #18. There is some moster house viewable from #12 tee box, must be nice :drool:

I played it in May, 2010, and conditioning was pretty good. Echo the above, some good holes on back, some so-so holes especially on front. It is OK but will try somewhere else next time I'm passing through that area.

Legacy Ridge is rolling great, Colorado National was aireated 2 weeks ago and the greens are shite right now. Riverdale Dunes is always great, and Buffalo Run is a great course.

Weather is supposed to take a dive over the weekend so if you want to play it should be tomarrow as early as possible. Most of the courses punch the greens this time of year so call and ask before you play. Bear Dance would be my recommendation as the greens should be healed by now. Kennedy is the top city course and Green Valley Ranch is right by the airport and is host to the Colorado Open. What day/time are you looking to play?

Thanks for all the great advice gents. Had less time than I thought so I played Fox Hallow which was only 10 minutes away. Played Canyon and Meadows. Interesting layouts and it was in pretty good shape. The rental clubs were pretty beat up but the rain stayed away. Thanks again for all the help!

Riverdale Dunes and Fossil trace are my two favorites in Denver....

Back