Cart vs Stand bags. Which one and why?

JohnSinVA

Porkins
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Chump Fries' post in the Kickoff Classic thread got me to thinking about my next bag purchase. I always gravitated to Stand bags in the past and currently own a stand bag. I guess my (wishful) thinking is that I'll walk more round than I actually do.

I realize quite a few walk/carry the majority of their rounds, so a stand bag isa natural fit. For those of us (myself included) who use a cart or walk with a push/pull cart, do you prefer a stand bag or a cart bag, and what factors lead you to your choice?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I walk, I'll use a push cart 95% of the time, but I have a stand bag simply because that is what I am accustomed to and comfortable with. If I felt the need to add more stuff to my bag, I may consider a cart bag, but I like to travel light anyway.

Stand. Always.

Because when I walk I alternate carrying or clicgear, additionally its easier to travel with.

Stand bag. Its easier to haul around and keeps all the things i need in my golf bag without having to go with a cart bag.

I use both. Usually a Cart bag in the early spring and late season because I tend to pack more clothing inside the bag. Carry for the other parts of the season. I carry or push majority of my rounds.

I have a Nike "hybrid" stand bag because I walk and carry 95% of the time. I wanted a bag with 14 dividers and something that should work well on a push cart for when I finally buy one.

Hybrid bag FTW! Stands and a 14 way top with some additional, full length storage. Best of both worlds.

I actually have both, but use my stand bag 90% of the time. I will only change out bags when I know I'm going to use my Sun Mountain cart for a few rounds in row instead of carrying. The stand bag is just too convenient for normal golfing and practice. You can just grab and go whenever it's needed.

I use a push cart and ride 99% of my rounds, but I love having a stand bag, if I ever have to have it on the range off a cart, I like having the legs to stand it up.

Stand all the way. You can't walk with a cart bag (well you could it's just awkward).

I only ride. So I use a staff bag, because it looks really awesome.

Staff bags are awesome.

Cart bag. I never walk nor do I plan to so a stand bag doesn't do me a ton of good. However, it does suck having to set my bag down and make sure it's perfectly balanced before letting go.

The bag I've had my eye on is an Ogio stand bag but the stand doesn't have anything do with my decision. I like the look and club setup so that's my deciding factor in the end

Get a stand bag that sits normally in a cart. The titleist 14 way stand bag is the way to go. Light enough to carry when u want and sturdy enough with a flat bottom to use on the cart.

After having had multiple 14 way bags, I'll NEVER purposefully own one again. What a pain in the rear they are!

I personally like a cart bag.

Most have individual club dividers, but if you like a traditional 6-way top in a cart bag, check out the Callaway Uptown. It's black and tan with no big billboard logo plastered all over it. Quite stylish imo.

Stand. When I walk I don't use a push cart so I prefer the smaller/lighter stand bag.

After having had multiple 14 way bags, I'll NEVER purposefully own one again. What a pain in the rear they are!

You obviously never owned a good one

I have a Sun Mountain hybrid bag which gives me the best of both worlds. I do wish it had a separate putter divider though.

I have 3 bags and I think I will continue to have 3 bags as long as I golf and that is really due to the fact that each one has its purpose and make sense depending on what I'm doing.

I know cost/space is a deciding factor for many.

I have a callaway hyperlite stand bag which I used when I walked last year because I didn't have a cart and it's also the bag I use when I travel due to it only being 4lbs.

I also have a cart bag that is more roomy and I usually use that when I golf and the round will in a cart, I received a clicgear 3.5 this year so I will probably continue to use it as my walking bag as well. (color scheme goes really well with my cart)

I have Sunday bag that I use when I go to the range or the local pitch and putt, carries enough balls for my short game work and the clubs for the pitch and putt also if I'm doing dedicated work at the range and only need a couple of clubs it works great for that as well.

At home I keep my second set it whichever bag I'm not currently using or planning to use and I keep all of my putters in my Sunday bag.

For the OP, it really comes down to personal preference and what the majority of your rounds will be.

Cart bag because I only use a push cart. I can't carry anymore.

Stand bag for me personally - reason behind this is because I like to walk and also with the option to have the legs can keep it in place when taking stuff in / out and prevent from falling over if its windy....

I always use a stand bag. I typically try to get bags that can be made 'cart friendly' though like the Nike Air Hybrid II and my current bag, the Nike Performance Carry. I'm an absolute sucker for 14 slot bags, too since they appeal to my OCD :wink:.

Both. I push 95% of my rounds so I use a cart bag but for the occasional carry I have a stand bag also. I tried the stand bag on my clicgear for a while but wasn't happy with the way it sat on the cart.

Like stand better because cart is just too big. But I will use either

I've actually got a hybrid bag now that I love. I had a cart bag to start last season and loved it until I went to the range. Unless they had stands it was a nightmare trying to get it to stay standing when the wind was blowing.

Back