Ohio, Indiana & Surrounding Area chat thread

If anyone doesn't know sweetbriar has an unlimited 2016 range pass for $140. Best deal I have been able to find. They have mats and grass although grass isn't always open depending on weather and such. If anyone else knows of any good season deals for golf or ranges post them, almost time to start shopping around and planning 2016 out.

If anyone doesn't know sweetbriar has an unlimited 2016 range pass for $140. Best deal I have been able to find. They have mats and grass although grass isn't always open depending on weather and such. If anyone else knows of any good season deals for golf or ranges post them, almost time to start shopping around and planning 2016 out.

I will tell you this, I have been playing up there for 4 years now and I have NEVER seen the grass tees open on the range. Even when the pros are giving a lesson the student it hitting off of a mat.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I will tell you this, I have been playing up there for 4 years now and I have NEVER seen the grass tees open on the range. Even when the pros are giving a lesson the student it hitting off of a mat.

Thanks, for sure something to think about then. Might even be worth it to just by my own decent mat and use that.

On a side not Springvale pulled their tee times down from golf now for Wednesday and Thursday. RIP 2015 season, truly over

I second this. I have never seen the grass used. Been playing there for quite some time. Before they even had the Legacy 18

Going to be playing Gunner and a couple other buds tonight in a sim round at my buddies work.
Golf twice in 4 days in January...albeit another sim round...trying keep climbing the ranks...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Going to be playing Gunner and a couple other buds tonight in a sim round at my buddies work.
Golf twice in 4 days in January...albeit another sim round...trying keep climbing the ranks...

Really good simulator! Chipping and putting can still be a little iffy, but this thing measures a lot of cool data. We played the Ocean course at Kiawah island. I won some kind of game called wolf or wolfman that I've never played before with 30 points. I think pinslayer and I more or less tied in stroke play except for an aweful 11 he took on a par 3. I shot 88. Long Ball highlights were a 344yd drive, a 295yd 2 hybrid, 259yd 5 iron and a 232yd 7 iron. I hit a sweet sand save to within 12 inches on the 18th hole to close out the win in the match!

Where did you play at? Did it include AOA in the club data?

Big Met is open Thursday and Friday

200.gif

Sure am, it appears with both had the same idea at the same time.

Sure am, it appears with both had the same idea at the same time.

haha saw the thread bump and didn't even read your comment before thinking out loud.

Good stuff. I'll definitely be trying to get out on Saturday. May see some PM showers, but that's alright. Gotta golf when we can golf!

Where did you play at? Did it include AOA in the club data?

Played at a buddy of mine and pinslayers office, his boss just had the sim installed in the basement a few weeks ago. I'm guessing aoa is angle of attack? I don't remember if it measured that. It did measure launch angle, back spin, side spin, ball speed, swing speed, face angle, and swing path. There were lots of numbers so it may have. I requested to set up the system to leave those stats on the screen longer after each shot the next time we use it.

It's a privately owned simulator. I believe it was called a TruGolf simulator. Anyways, it's in the basement of our buddies office building. Pretty legit stuff. Also should note...the 11 was on a par 3....water water water

Played at a buddy of mine and pinslayers office, his boss just had the sim installed in the basement a few weeks ago. I'm guessing aoa is angle of attack? I don't remember if it measured that. It did measure launch angle, back spin, side spin, ball speed, swing speed, face angle, and swing path. There were lots of numbers so it may have. I requested to set up the system to leave those stats on the screen longer after each shot the next time we use it.
Sounds like what we have at my office, measures all that buy not aoa.

If I may so ask....why is AOA such a necessary measurement if most all other data is accurate?

If I may so ask....why is AOA such a necessary measurement if most all other data is accurate?

Just another piece to the puzzle thats all

Also helps to figure out if you are launching the ball too low on the driver because of your swing or you might have the wrong shaft for you.

Next Saturday looks iffy at best for me. Forgot thats the weekend of the boat show and we bought tickets to take the wifes parents. Theres a chance we go Sunday and not Saturday so im a maybe right now.

I can't go this weekend. One of my best friends moms memorial party is this weekend and he's in town from Nashville

Of course a nicer weekend for golf and I have to work this week. Off next weekend though. And suppose to be in low teens it looks.

Also helps to figure out if you are launching the ball too low on the driver because of your swing or you might have the wrong shaft for you.

I definitely wasn't launching the ball too low yesterday. There is a bit of a tee height issue with the setup and we were either having to tee up too high or too low. I would err on the too high side and I launched one drive at 18.9 degrees. #yikes #thatsnotadriver

300 yard moon ball?

I think I wasted a lot of birdies on the sim today. Had autoputting on and made 5 birdies in a row. Most with some ridiculous putts.

Back