Calling out Gunner for a cold weather battle #THPCallOut

BTW, color me a NEWB at playing these various golf games, but how would "getting strokes" apply to match play where you're just winning each hole as you go? If that can work please enlighten me, otherwise I would think each holes net score based on assigned handicap would be the appropriate method.

So in match play you take the lower handicap and go off that (at least that's how I've played match play). Say player 1 is a 5 and player 2 is a 10. Player 1 wouldn't get any strokes, and player 2 would get 5 strokes, 1 on holes handicapped 1-5 on the course. If player 1 and 2 both par the hole with handicap of 3, player 2 actually wins it with a net birdie since the 5 HC player isn't actually getting any strokes.

Love the Lift/Clean/Cheat

Should be a great match to follow! I'll take Gunner and the strokes!

And I have made my decision....Gunner FTW! Go get him buddy!!!

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

I graciously accept this offer to play this coming Friday! I believe I will be victorious! Because I have not yet registered a HCP, I will post my last 12 or so saved rounds from my GPS, and their relation to par. You guys can take a look below to see what you think a fair amount of strokes would be. Last time Ben and I were there I forgot to charge my GPS so I wasn't able to save my score or get accurate yardages. I believe I shot somewhere in the Mid/High 80's with all my drives duck hooking left!!

12/12 Sleepy Hollow, 85 +14
12/11 Pine Hills, 86 +14
12/8 Sweetbriar Legacy, 84 +12
11/7 Springvale, 93 +23
11/6 Sleepy Hollow, 87 +16
9/25 Dragon Ranch, 84 +14
9/18 Sleepy Hollow, 85 + 14
9/11 Big Met, 89 +17
8/29 Eagle Crest, 88 +16
8/29 Eagle Crest, 85 +13
8/23 Shale Creek, 90 +19
8/21 Gray Hawk, 91 +22
8/14 Stonewater CC, 100 +29
8/8 Pine Hills, 86 +14
8/4 Pleasant Valley, 91 +19
8/3 Sleepy Hollow, 82 +11

7 seems about right

I'm going with the pops. Gunner ftw

7 seems about right

I'm cool with that unless some of the more savvy golf minds here disagree. Just so I'm clear that would be on HCP holes 1-7 I get a stroke, and 8-18 are straight up?

I graciously accept this offer to play this coming Friday! I believe I will be victorious! Because I have not yet registered a HCP, I will post my last 12 or so saved rounds from my GPS, and their relation to par. You guys can take a look below to see what you think a fair amount of strokes would be. Last time Ben and I were there I forgot to charge my GPS so I wasn't able to save my score or get accurate yardages. I believe I shot somewhere in the Mid/High 80's with all my drives duck hooking left!!

12/12 Sleepy Hollow, 85 +14
12/11 Pine Hills, 86 +14
12/8 Sweetbriar Legacy, 84 +12
11/7 Springvale, 93 +23
11/6 Sleepy Hollow, 87 +16
9/25 Dragon Ranch, 84 +14
9/18 Sleepy Hollow, 85 + 14
9/11 Big Met, 89 +17
8/29 Eagle Crest, 88 +16
8/29 Eagle Crest, 85 +13
8/23 Shale Creek, 90 +19
8/21 Gray Hawk, 91 +22
8/14 Stonewater CC, 100 +29
8/8 Pine Hills, 86 +14
8/4 Pleasant Valley, 91 +19
8/3 Sleepy Hollow, 82 +11
7 seems about right

Aren't you a 2? His best round is 11 over par, with a majority of his better rounds at closer to 11 or 12 over.

I'm cool with that unless some of the more savvy golf minds here disagree. Just so I'm clear that would be on HCP holes 1-7 I get a stroke, and 8-18 are straight up?

You'd get a pop on the holes listed as handicap 1-7, yes.

That said, I'd go for a few more pops.

Aren't you a 2? His best round is 11 over par, with a majority of his better rounds at closer to 11 or 12 over.
game golf has him rounding to a 4ish. So say Gunner is a 12, 7 or 8 strokes would make sense. And fwiw, Gunners lowest rounds of those posted are at probably the most difficult course hes played lol

game golf has him rounding to a 4ish. So say Gunner is a 12, 7 or 8 strokes would make sense. And fwiw, Gunners lowest rounds of those posted are at probably the most difficult course hes played lol

Makes sense to me. Lock it in boys!

Advantage goes to whoever brings some hand warmers.

pops this time of year can be huge! But Ben seems to play well at Big Met. Ill go with ntanygd760 FTW!

Taking the pops. Gunner prevails.

Gunner wins this battle. They both have game, but I think the pops will be to much to overcome.

Calling out Gunner for a cold weather battle #THPCallOut

I'm just going to skip all the fluff....100% know who my pick will be regardless of how many strokes given or taken. I would personally take Gunner with no strokes given what so ever. However, him getting 8 STROKES???!!!?!? Easy peasy lemon squeezy.

Wouldnt be surprised if he s***s the bed a little initially but Gunner will be victorious...by a margin of proportion. No offense Ben. I hope you beat him by about 15....but I just don't see it happening man. Good luck and have fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alright, I think we're locked in at 7 strokes. I'll be getting a stroke on 3 par 5's, 3 par 4's and one loooong par 3. I think I have this!

Just got word my new Puma apparel arrived today. I may need the WarmStorm pullover for Friday along with the warm compression gear I picked up at Dicks yesterday!

Sweet 7 it is. Gonna have to slum it in my year old rain gear.
As far as the holes Gunner gets a stroke on.

#1 isn't really anything special straight and medium length, hardest part is no range.
#5 I am amazed number 5 is listed as hard as it is. Not hard 1 bit, going to need to get there and 2 and hope Gunner hits drive drive too far and makes it to the lake which is about the only way to go in it.
#7 is more or less a 3 shot hole. Basically a lay up off the tee leaving 280 in. 265 straight ahead is OB, I might have to take the risk and try to cut the corner but it is like 285 and not a smart play.
#9 The tee is moved up but still ends up not easy. The one hole where right is bad into a river, left isn't really good either, second shot is about 25 feet up to an elevated green that the downhill putt is faster than it looks.
#12 is a mans par 3. Nothing too tricky just 200+ playing uphill and you can't really bounce it up have to carry. 3 or 4 hybrid for me, so like smooth 6 iron for Gunner.
#14 Is actually a bit of a hard hole for having no hazards. Long ish dog leg right that you have to be left or you are blocked out by a tree. Left rough is better than right side of fairway. 250 yard drive rewards you with a 4hybrid left.
#16 Seems like it should be an easy par 5, decent length but not crazy long. Easy enough to make par on but birdie needs to be earned. 240 to carry a slope that will kill your ball but when it is so wet it doesn't matter as much but still slight down slope if you carry it leaving you 230-250 in. Left side to middle of the fairway is best. Too far right and you have to cut your second around the tree to a pretty narrow green. Both sides lined with trees so if you are wild it is normally a lay up.

Should be fun

ignore this post

Last edited:
Mid morning hot deals, FTW! Have fun out there!

Rolling with ntanygd760 in this one!

back on

Last edited:
They will be open according to the pro it's just a matter of what time based on the frost delay.

They will be open according to the pro it's just a matter of what time based on the frost delay.
Awesome thanks for calling, pretty sure the couch ate my phone. What time do you want to play since golfnow times won't matter.

I say we call at 9 and see what time they are allowing play

Back