Poll: Do you have a USGA Handicap?

Poll: Do you have a USGA Handicap?

• Yes

Votes: 104 75.4%
  • No

Votes: 34 24.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I do and have had one for the last 20 years.

POLL

Another thread got me wondering how many people have/will be getting a USGA handicap for 2016? Curious as to what % of THPERS do.

I do. Pay my course something like 25 bucks for a GHIN handicap each year.

I voted No because I didn't renew my service for this year because of the rules changes. The pro at our course also said that for those who do not have an official handicap because of the rules change, they will use the Callaway handicapping system for tournaments, so I felt it wasn't worth the cost anymore.

I do. Other than thp events and a member guest tournament, I haven't needed an official handicap, but it is a good way to track my progress, and I feel like I should support the local golf association in that way.

Yes I do. Although with the new rules I think mine may be lower this year, I tend to play worse when playing alone. I alway play better when with a group of peers.

I feel like I should support the local golf association in that way.

Same reason I do it.

I have one through US Handicap. i'm assuming that is USGA approved?

I do not, but I started using The Grint app to get an idea of what my handicap is.

I have one, all my qualifying rounds go in.

Last year was the first official one I've ever had. I did it mainly for THP events because before then, I was going by whatever GolfLogix said it was.

It comes as part of my mens club membership every year. If it didn't I might not re-up this year due to the ruling that rounds played as a single do not count towards your handicap.

Yep, part of the Hackers Group on USGA.

Yes I do, it is through my Men's Club.

Yes, I need one to play in my clubs events.

I have one currently, not sure if I'll renew this year. If I do most of the rounds I post will technically be against the rules, since I play alone primarily.

Except for the 3 years from 2012-2014 when I was living outside of the US, I've carried a USGA handicap continuously since 1988. I still have the same GHIN number that I was assigned at that time.

I have one, it's not renewed for 2016, but I keep one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep. Pretty much since I started golfing on a regular basis

I am such a cheap a$$ haha. I need to just spend the 30 or so bucks and establish one for this year, I have been using the handicap that golf shot spits out currently. I am sure its a similar formula but having an official one has always been a goal of mine.

I let mine lapse because of the single player ruling. Not sure if I need it right now.

I keep my official handicap through US Handicap.

I also keep a handicap through Arccos.

After taking the USGA Handicap training, one nice thing about a handicap is being able to calculate your course handicap. Gives you an accurate, realistic target score-wise for the day to play against.

Yes, I do it is included in my course membership

Back